Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

August 23rd, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Jon Huntsman on Mitt Romney, gay marriage

GOP presidential candidate Jon Huntsman was a guest on "Piers Morgan Tonight" last night, and a second part airs tonight at 9pmET/PT. He discussed his views on gay marriage. "I believe in civil unions," he told Piers Morgan. "I'm in favor of traditional marriage, I don't think you can redefine it without getting in trouble...I think this country has arrived at a point in time where we can show a little more equality and respect."

He also discussed comparisons to Mitt Romney:

Of Romney: "I respect him. I think he's a good man and I think he's got a terrific family [but] being number 47 as job creator ain't gonna cut it. We were number one in job creation...creating Obamacare before Obama, the most despised and reviled health care legislation in this country, doesn't cut it."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Robert

You gotta give Hunstman props for being able to speak frankly and honestly about his positions on issues that are at odds with the mainstream, "cover your ass Christian" talking points from the Tea/Republican party. He has my vote so far.

August 23, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Bryan

HUNTSMAN 2012!

August 23, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. NOWLIN WELLS

i WATCHED THIS MAN MR. hUNSTMAN AND HE MAY FEEL HE IS HONEST HOWEVER HE SHOWS LACK OF SINCERITY. HE EXPECTS THE PRESIDENT TO FIX 8 YEARS OF MR BUSH, JOB LOSSES AT 750,000 A MONTH AND AN NIGHTMARE, IN 2 AND ONE HALF YEARS. HE DID NOT HAVE MUCH LOYALTY TO ANOTHER MORMON WHO IS RUNNING AND HE SHOULD HAVE FAMILY VALUES, AND SPIRITUAL GUIDANCE . MOST MORMANS ARE HUMBLE, AND BELIEVE IN MARRIAGE. THIS MAN IS NOT TRUE TO HIS TEACHINGS, SO WHY SHOULD ANY ONE TRUST HIM??

August 23, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. KB

Go Huntsman!

August 23, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Jackie

I would like Pierce to ask Mr. Huntsman for his stance on Mr. John Wyatt's right to get his child back. Intersting that Mr. Huntsman adopted two children which leads me to question the 20 day law to file for custody before a child us allowed to be adopted. I wonder how he feels about Utah's adoption laws and how fathers in this country are losing there children because of Utah's loophole. His answer and opinion of this matter is of great interest to me and father's whose children have been kidnapped becauae of Utah's blind eye...

August 23, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. CW

Finally, a voice of reason from the Republican side. Go Jon.

August 24, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. robert

I'm a left democrat, that said I loved Huntsman if for nothing else than he is willing to compromise. I also liked his wife and his family...

The GOP is nuts if they don't run this guy, if they did they would get many dems voting GOP.

Great interview Piers, our USA cable TV needs more Brits! (the witch has made you famous)

August 24, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jeremy

I'm Obama all the way, but I actually agree with robert.. He actually makes sense and has a pretty good track record. If the GOP doesn't put him at the top of their list they really are crazy as they seem.. I'd really like to see him and Obama debate. Country first and if he has a better chance of getting support from both sides them I'm all for it. Obama may not be perfect, but he's not Bush either.. the democracy has broken down at the expense of America at large. And for what? Because some politicians don't know how to compromise??? Tsk, tsk... If things don't change, he'll have to run as an independent, which I think he could pull off, depending on his support. Like I said, I'm Obama all the way and I believe in him as a leader, but Huntsman definitely has my attention and I hope he can get the attention of enough GOPers to continue in the race to freedom :)

August 24, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. R. Dellerson

Huntsman was impressive in both interviews and IMO hit it out of the park. Right center is clearly his 'power alley'.

August 24, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse | Reply