READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For August 23, 2011 – Residents flee as intense battle flares near Gadhafi compound, U.S. has nearly doubled air attacks on Libya in past 12 days...
• Residents flee as intense battle flares near Gadhafi compound: "As Libyan rebels fought to consolidate their hold on Tripoli on Monday and early Tuesday, reports emerged that two sons of Libya's longtime leader were free despite earlier reports that rebels had captured them."
• Rebels launch siege on Gadhafi compound: "Libyan rebels surrounded Moammar Gadhafi's compound in Tripoli Tuesday, entering one of the gates and "attacking furiously," a rebel official told CNN."
• U.S. has nearly doubled air attacks on Libya in past 12 days: "As the rebels in Libya push closer to ending the regime of embattled Col. Moammar Gadhafi, U.S. warplanes have been increasing their attacks on government positions as part of the NATO campaign."
• Hearing set after DA seeks to drop case against Strauss-Kahn: "A status hearing is scheduled for Tuesday in the Dominique Strauss-Kahn sexual assault case, a day after a New York district attorney said charges should be dropped against the former International Monetary Fund chief."
• Did Ryan Gosling break up a street fight?: "Ryan Gosling – Good Samaritan?
A video posted on YouTube shows a man who strongly resembles the actor breaking up a street scuffle in New York City over the weekend."
*Photo Courtesy AFP/Getty Images