Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

August 30th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Mark Cuban on the economy and transparency; Cory Booker on Bachmann

Piers Morgan interviewed billionaire Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban on last night's "Piers Morgan Tonight," and Cuban discussed politics and the economy. "We're so inefficient in how we use funding," said Cuban of the American government. "When I'm just writing a check to the U.S. treasury it's going to waste, and that's a significant problem."

Also on the show was Newark Mayor Cory Booker, who talked about Hurricane Irene:

Said Booker of Michele Bachmann's hurricane 'joke' about God: "What I think he wants me to do is to stop talking about him so much and start trying to live his message."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. donna

i listining him ..ok everyone have diffrent thinking..for the busines ..this is depent what you do ...in my philosophy money needed muve..only just like this we make more money ..
    about the plitice the truth..i have one special phrase .......... politic dosen't need smart people ..

August 30, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Manjila Murray

Please forward this mail to Mark Cuban, for me l did not catch his web.site address
    Mr. Cuban, l am a nurse l have a Big heart for old people l have land to build a Assisted Living Center for elderly but l need money to build a building for old and poor. the reason l am asking your help because l have worked for corporations and Government run facility. Mr. Cuban in all honesty l do not want any thing to do with big corporations or State government that runs or inspect Nursing Home and Assistant Living sites.Not even the banks There another building that is sitting empty for 3 years use to be the place l was working last owned by big corporation they close the facility because of bad inverstment deal. My phone number is 509-422 0351 l am in state of Washinton.beautiful state you should come visit.My e-mail Address manjudusty@y mail.com. Please call or e-mail me.Thank you.

August 30, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Jamaal Uzziel

Please Forward to Mark Cuban or anyone that will take action. For the pass few years now I have been training or deployed over seas. I don't want any money. I don't want a thank you. What I need is for people to stop thanking me for my service if they are not doing there part. If they are not putting action behind there words, thank me is like spitting in my face.

P.S I do think that we should get rid of FEMA turn all of those jobs over to the Army/ Air Guard. There are better trained to save lives, keep peace and control havoc.

August 31, 2011 at 3:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Lalaina Rabary

I never knew anything about Mark Cuban until I watched this interview, but what a SMART guy. A lot of what he said was very interesting and could apply not only to business or politics, but life in general. I enjoyed his comment on political leaders mistake of focusing too much on doctrine verses results and success. His words on entrepreneurship were also very inspiring!

August 31, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Jerry

Need more interviews with others like Mark. Also on made in America and what it realy means.

March 22, 2012 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Steven Turnbull

I love what Cuban said,I don't mind paying more if the government knew what to do with it. so much waste!

December 27, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Peter Q Wolfe

The problem with the government now days is that its viewed as a job project or a special pork barrel flea market sales men that doesn't compromise on affectiveness and efficiency like it aught to in the first place. Honestly I've worked in the federal union government jobs being disabled and don't like the made up jobs, policies or poorly qualified workers that I've worked and interacted with in D.C to state side on numerous topics of import to the american people. The military is just for starters extremely inefficient with contracts, bureaucracy, dated technology or in general too flexible with their hours and too generous with their pay for civilian and armed forces in general. The health-care system does a poor to horrible job of monitoring progressive health indicators like obesity, alcoholism or drug addiction and interlocking overlaps of databases of information too.

March 13, 2013 at 1:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Loreta Luckner

Assisted living as it exists today emerged in the 1990s as an eldercare alternative on the continuum of care for people, for whom independent living is not appropriate but who do not need the 24-hour medical care provided by a nursing home and are too young to live in a retirement home. Assisted living is a philosophy of care and services promoting independence and dignity..*`;

My own, personal web portal
    <http://ideascollection.org/index.php