READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For August 31, 2011 – Stocks head for solid end to choppy month, FEMA almost out of money, Matthew Fox may be in legal trouble...
• Rebels say time running out for Gadhafi as crisis mounts in Libya: "Libyan rebels expressed fresh optimism that Moammar Gadhafi's reign is about to crumble as a deadline looms for Gadhafi loyalists to disarm or face assault. "I think this thug, this killer knows that he has nowhere to go," said Ali Tarhouni, finance and oil minister for the opposition's National Transitional Council. Tarhouni said he expects Gadhafi's four-decade rule to fall apart within a week."
• Stocks head for solid end to choppy month: "U.S. stocks were poised to end the choppy month of August on a high note with a fourth straight day of gains Wednesday, as investors await a raft of economic data."
• States struggle with Irene aftermath as floodwaters surge: "Despite sunny skies, flood warnings remained in effect Wednesday for areas of several states hard-hit by Hurricane Irene, as authorities struggled to clean up and rebuild roads and bridges in the aftermath of the storm."
• FEMA almost out of disaster funds : "The Federal Disaster Relief Fund, the pot of money used to help communities and individuals hit by disasters, is nearly depleted. That's bad news for victims of both Hurricane Irene and other disasters like the tornadoes that hit earlier this year."
• Bus driver files assault complaint against Matthew Fox: "A party-bus driver filed assault charges against Matthew Fox Tuesday afternoon, two days after the "Lost" actor allegedly punched her repeatedly in an incident outside a Cleveland, Ohio, nightclub."
*Photo Courtesy Mark A. Farmer/CNN
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Piers Morgan shouldn't be claiming to be a Catholic as he doesn't hold to the Church's teachings. Congratulations to Santorum who correctly pointed out who the bigot is – Morgan.
Notify me of new comments via email.