READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For September 7, 2011 -Big Oil makes big promise, Amanda Knox judge says no to new DNA evidence, Yahoo's Carol Bartz out as CEO...
• Big Oil's promise: Let us drill, we'll hire 1.4 million workers: "With job creation taking center stage in American politics, the oil industry Wednesday made a pitch for drilling more widely. With looser restrictions, the industry says it could deliver 1.4 million new jobs, boost tax rolls by $800 billion, and increase domestic energy production almost 50%."
• 5 dead, including gunman, at Nevada IHOP: "The death toll from a shooting at a Nevada IHOP restaurant has risen to four, officials said early Wednesday morning. A gunman carrying a variant of an AK-47 rifle opened fire on uniformed Nevada National Guard members as they were having breakfast at the Carson City restaurant Tuesday morning. In all, 11 people were shot."
• Amanda Knox judge says no to new DNA evidence: "The judge in the Amanda Knox trial Wednesday rejected a prosecution request for new DNA testing as the American fights her conviction for killing her British housemate, Meredith Kercher. Judge Claudio Pratillo Hellman also rejected prosecution efforts to introduce newly found records about the original testing and to hear a new witness - all victories for Knox's defense, which opposed the motions."
• Yahoo's Carol Bartz out as CEO: "The ax has swung. Carol Bartz is out as Yahoo CEO, ending a fraught tenure that culminated in months of speculation about when she would be ousted. Yahoo announced the shakeup late Tuesday, and named Tim Morse, the company's chief financial officer, as its interim CEO."
• Taylor Swift, Blake Shelton score CMA nods: "The nominations are in for the 45th annual Country Music Awards, and Keith Urban and Taylor Swift are among the recognized artists. Leading the nominations with five each: Blake Shelton, Taylor Swift, Brad Paisley and Jason Aldean."
*Photo Courtesy Tracy Sabo/CNN
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
goodmorning dear Piers is nice to saw you because you do great job ..and for this thank you ...s..maybe i have do make OFF my tweet ..and really i go to miss you but anyway everynight i am stay to see you iam tryin for christmass come there..is my honore to meet you ..you have my mail.and anytime you can send ...really ILY ...
my favorit men except you is JOSE MOURINIO. THANK YOU.
Appreciation for this ifonrmation is over 9000thank you!
Big Oil wants to drill here inside the US and just offshore ruining the last of our environmental beauty that this country was founded upon to help create more jobs as well as get more oil allowing Big Oil to get richer? I'm all about job creation but why do it for more oil? Do it to strengthen our infrastructure or new energy technologies. Why is it that a barrel of oil is around $85 a barrell yet the price of gasoline keeps rising? Remember what the price of gasoline was just a few years ago when the price of oil was about the same as now? Less than $2.25 a gallon, yet now days, gasoline is again nearing record levels! Why is that? Big Fat Oil keeps getting richer and the American public pays for them to get richer. The federal government needs to look into this as well as start taxing these big businesses to pay their fair share of this deficit. Then maybe this government might actually start to balance the budget! Congress needs to look into this instead of turning a blind eye and serving the special interests of big business. This government, both republican and democrats need to start being "For The People" which they were originally founded upon instead of being for big business and big oil!
Notify me of new comments via email.