Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

September 14th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Amy Winehouse's father on her what was "killing" his daughter

Piers Morgan's emotional interview with Amy Winehouse's father Mitch Winehouse aired last night. Mitch opened up about Amy's relationship with Blake Fielder-Civil. "I was sickened, and I did everything in my power to stop the relationship," he said. "But again, what can you do, she loved him."

He also talked about Amy's last night:

Said Winehouse: "She'd had a good day, as most of her days were good days...she was in good spirits."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. donna

nothink can stop love..you know why..because is most pure .and powerfull ..what everything ells.so letet free and just feeled..others nometter...this is my own excpanted..(platton)..thank you..s
    in this i'am with young lady EMMY H.....and when you are young and you have big sucsess you can not control yourself..so in this side parencte have risponsibility.

September 14, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. DonnaT

What a class act Mitch Winehouse is. Amy will always be missed.

September 14, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Searchlight

Maybe,I've gotten Amy wrong.Her father seems like a decent, classy guy.She wasn't trash-my mistake- forgive me,Amy.

October 3, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Kristina

Why wasn't Mitch with his daughter while she was detoxing? I guess he felt more needed on the other side of the Atlantic holding his cousins newborns and promoting his band in New York. I have a hard time believing him when he said the family was close-knit group.

September 19, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Mike

As a black musician this women was as fake as the false eyelashes she wore, y'all always seeing more into something than is actually there, if you want to hear soul, listen to it from somebody who really has some like Etta James or Aretha Franklin. This girls soul was where she is now.

October 14, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Iwan

There are extremely a great deal of ladeits that way to think about. That is a fantastic denote talk about. I provide thoughts above as general inspiration but clearly there are actually questions such as the one you talk about in which the most essential thing will be in honest very good faith. I don?t determine if best practices have emerged about items like that, but I am sure that your chosen job is clearly known as a fair game. Both youngsters feel the impact of merely a moment’s pleasure, for the remainder of their lives.

March 3, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. daniel

it is too sad i admired her alot of she was amazing when she hand out all this music she had a charming voice that i have never heard take care alot and only think that she is with god resting in pace

April 18, 2013 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply