Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

September 16th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Jermaine Jackson on Michael's use of sleeping pills; Conrad Murray

Piers Morgan interviewed Jermaine Jackson last night for the hour, and the two talked about Michael Jackson's use of the drug Propofol. "He's lived all this time doing Demerol and sleeping pills and also pain pills," he said. "We didn't know about Propofol...if you look at the past tours, you never heard about these symptoms: Michael Jackson not knowing whether to go right or left when he comes on stage."

He also talked specifically about Dr. Conrad Murray:

Jermaine: "I didn't know who he was, but I said, 'there's something strange about this guy, he's acting strange.'"

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. donna

untill now no answere...for nothing waitining. I WILL SEE.you tonight ..thank yous.

September 16, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • lanna

I want you to know it did happen for years children sleep in adult people beds and there was nothing wrong with it and it does make me sick to think that people with sick minds made this wrong. I never would touch my child and they sleep in my bed and still do some times and after this happened to michael it made me feel as if it was wronge. Everyone has to make things something that its not if they did not have it happened to them so someone things its wrong.

September 19, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Cathy

ITA,It 's hard to even hug your own daughter if you're a father anymore,people and their sick minds!
        It's a shame!

October 4, 2011 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
    • alli13941

Piers is an excellent interviewer. He treats people with respect.

October 12, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. silvana Esposito

Michael Jackson is not the only patient who has died from Propofol (Diprivan). So did my 15 year old daughter in a hospital setting. It is a shame that no one cares to listen to our story. I guess you just must be famous for someone to care.

September 16, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • seeingheaven

Silvana,
      I'm so sorry to hear about your daughter. God bless you.

September 19, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • lanna

I am so sad for your loss please tell us your story! May you find peace and love !

September 19, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • alli13941

Even when you are famous people don't care. People care about money, ratings and selling papers.

October 12, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Luz

I wouldn't say people don't care, they do care; but I guess when you are a celebrity it's more notorious.

May 27, 2012 at 1:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cornelyu

Here is my take:so what? addcit, not an addcit.. he is a patient.This means that Murray had prior knowledge of Michael's disease and not only did not treat it.. but rather mistreated it. Would you leave drugs around an addcit ?Either way Murray is responsible.. more so.. if he knew Michael had this terrible disease. (Many folks on the jury are familiar with addcition).I wonder if Michael gave him permission to record this?what would a reasonable doctor do if they had recorded this?What should a dr do?I hope you post this and the prosectuion sees this..

September 8, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jadzia

It is hear-wrenching to have to watch it happen, but it sdnuos like Michael learned about consequences the other day. I was no different when I was little; heck, even today-the only way you're going to learn a lesson that's going to stick is when you learn it first hand. People can tell you about consequences until they're blue in the face, but it has no impact until it happens to you personally.

September 10, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • lisa

once again jermaine lies to the world about his relationship and knowledge about all things Michael. Michael refused to associate with him for more than 20 years what a sad sick man to constantly make up stories about michael.

August 25, 2013 at 8:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Mariee

Jermaine is disgusting, he has his kids living with his mother so they can be supported by Michael's money, now he is trying to profit from a book to make us think he actually has something new to say, He knows those kids are not Michael's and everyone eles knows that, but he won't admit it, why would he want to risk getting those kids removed from his mothers house. This family lies and will always live off Michael.

September 16, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Susan62509

Michael used surrogate's like Debbie Rowe for his children. Whether Michael's own sperm was used or a sperm bank, NO ONE knows except MJ and the bank. Surrogacy is legal in the U.S. just like adoption. MJ took each child within hours of the birth and reared them to the beautiful, well-mannered, intellilgent children they are today.

September 16, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tom

Actually, you don't know squat.

September 16, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • SandyK

Your suggestion that it is somehow Jermaine's or any family members responsibility to answer questions about the heritage of Michael's children is not only irresponsible, it's extremely offensive and no one's business. The privacy of those children, which should be paramount, obviously means nothing to you. Shame! By the way Susan62509 answered the question beautifully! Thank you Susan!!

September 18, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • ann

Why do you have to be so mean? What has happened to people in this world, they just seem to be getting more critical and hurtful, yet they dont want their own lives to be put under a microscope. My heart goes out to the family and to Michael. Those who criticize have never made mistakes? Lost a loved one to drugs? While I feel people need to start being responsible for their own actions and quit playing the blame game, they also need support and encouragement and to feel loved. We are so quick to talk about negatives but not acknowledge the positives people do. There is too much finger pointing without proof. There are people to anxious to "get the gossip", then talk horribly about others behind their computers. How interesting it would be to track people with such hate in their hearts and words and see who they are and dig up some of their own dirt and broadcast it on the news and the net. To me, people who spew hatred and gossip either want attention, think they are always right, or have a low self esteem themselves and the net provides them with an avenue to feel "bigger", butin your heart should make you feel "smaller". Its fine to have opinions, but must we keep on bashing people? Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

September 18, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • lanna

That is right on the money we all can belive differnet and still have respect for othiers can't we? What happened to manners?

September 19, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
      • isabeau61

Ann, you are SO right... your words are wise

September 29, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Cathy

Exactly! None of them gave him the time of day and now defacing him,even Latoya says now the abuse wasn't that bad,,almost funny? KJ got his money so now they all kiss her azz to get money I'm sure,theres a reason MJ didn't want them around.....people don't just cast you out for nothing! MJ was way to caring to have done that if there was no reason for it jmho

October 4, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Becky

Those are Michael's kids.....if you love them, take care of them then they are your kids. You don't have to birth them for them to be your kids.....

January 20, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Faiyaz

if you are looking for the free crdeit report usa national site, check out this siteHere you can check your 3-in-1 Report from all three crdeit reporting agencies and your crdeit score rating.

June 27, 2012 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
      • Pitachu

That was so nice for them to come I now that she is work on a movie and had to stop and come so that was a good thing for her to do where are the other sisthers and brhtoer because we didn't see them at all what ther mother or the other what is up what that.

June 30, 2012 at 3:24 am | Report abuse |
  4. Susan62509

I watched Piers interview with Jermaine last night. It was an hour long. I was impressed that Piers was an MJ fan and not only knew of MJ’s past history and attended 2 of MJ’s concerts but also that Piers was up-to-date with the CM trial and what has been ongoing since MJ died. I felt Piers asked the most intelligent questions of any interviewer I watched in the past 2 years. Kudo’s to Pier’s. Pier’s covered a variety of topics in MJ’s life.

Jermaine has 2 goals in life, just as the other family members. Those goals are to always blame others not taking any responsibility themself and always preach the family bond. This has been programmed into them since childhood by their parents. The facts are the family has been split with internal differences for years which is obvious to any MJ fan that has followed MJ for years.

Jermaine, the answer to Pier’s questions is: Yes, propofol is a anesthetic. It puts you in a short temporary coma. Propofol is not a sleeping aid. Your brain is not sleeping, you are knocked out. Demerol is used for pain, not sleep.

Jermaine blames every person at rehearsals including AEG for not contacting a family member that something was wrong with MJ. Excuse me, but on May 14 if the family couldn’t tell that MJ looked like walking death, the family would be the last people I would have called. I think the Jackson family is a cult brainwashing the children since birth especially since they continually excuse Joseph for his beatings/torture and mama’s a saint for kissing their wounds. Michael is the only one that saw through the cult and split. Jermaine also implied MJ had been using propofol for years because he couldn’t sleep. My question is who was providing it to MJ in Bahrain and his years in Las Vegas. I assume MJ was using it periodically, not continually.

September 16, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tom

Neither you nor Jermaine were at the Staples Center. The autopsy says that Jackson was relatively healthy for a 50 year old. The people at the Staples Center said he was in good shape. Even Murray's defense attorneys who watched the unreleased film footage from "This Is It" said he look good even on his bad days and decided not to use the film in Murray's defense.

I had read the he used propofol on the History tour, he had an anesthesiologist on tour with him. But everyone needs to understand, no matter how much he used it, it should not have killed him and would not have killed him had he been monitored.

September 16, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Tochi

TV can say all they want to say. MJ had been sick long before CM was hired to take care of him. They are looking for someone to blame. CM was not the first doctor to give MJ propofol. MJ was addicted and it doesn't matter if CM was there to wean him or not.

MJ had less than 1 year to die, hence, a little tweaking by any doctor wouldn't have saved his life at all. Everyone is trying to blame it on CM and milk money from this situation, write books about their encounters with MJ true or false.

The question that everyone is running from is:

If Jackson had been admitted to sedatives and was insomniac, why would his managers want him to perform on tours? How was he supposed to be energetic enough to perform in 50 tours? Didn't they care to get him in perfect health before suggesting tours? It seems he was forced against his freewill. In my world, I would blame the managers and organizers of the shows. Killing CM or whatever doesn't solve this puzzle. We have to GET those managers....#Greedy Idiotic Folks

October 6, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
      • ChattyCathy

He was the only one there,the only one who ordered all that propofol,the only one who left him,the only one who didn't know cpr,the only one with a medical liscence and could have said NO! I am a recovering addict and I am clean for 7 yrs this April,So if a dr. ignnores me do I deserve to die?

October 6, 2011 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • ChattyCathy

AMEN Paul!
      I do wonder though,the cream DM ordered to make injections painless,Lidocaine IIRC? I wouldn't doubt DM put that crap on him and when he was asleep he wouldn't know maybe,look at how sedated he was? DM had an agenda so why not,why record all that? Who knows that he didn't question MJ about things in that condition,hoping he'd get a confession that didn't exist period! That cream came right to his mind when he asked MJ's aid to take him to the house? May be far fetched but what DM was doing certainly was too? jmho

October 6, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Michela

Thanks Piers for distinguishing between Michael's medical condition, (severe insomnia ) rather than recreational drug use in relation to Propofol.

September 16, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Paul

Everyone should ask the question. Why Michael could not sleep?. Michael complained about the lack of sleep while he was still attacked. Michael was sick. He had lupus, vitiligo. And again: Why Michael could not sleep?. The process of Michael's from 2005. How could he sleep after something like that ?.

September 17, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Linda Fairchild

I understand Michael endured a lot of pain during his life due to the burns to his head,lupus,a huge fall with a bridge on the set on tour that injured his back and his dancers feet.he had more surgeries to his head due to nerve damage through the years,It just makes me sick how they keep showing that clip where he shows up for court in his pj's, where he had slipped and injured his back and went to the emergency room and the judge ordered him to court or he'd go to jail.His lawyer told him to get there anyway as is.The media preys on anything to put him in a bad light.Why don't they focus on the good he done like visiting hospitals in every city of every tour he done and donating proceeds from his tours to those less fortunate.He was a non stop giver.

September 17, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Monika Franz

Thank you to you al MICHAEL´s FANS! This interview makes me angry! Why did Jermine write a book, for what interest? For wht good? We know who Michael was, I call him a GIFT FROM GOD! People who brought him down, they should apologize...where was his brother, or others, when MJ was "Painful lonely" as he himself once said in an interview? This Jacksons are in some way not okay,lying, (MJ was not beaten, "we treated them(the children) with love...MJ was true and he did right to seperate himself from members of the Family, because he knew them.
    Poor Michael, YOU WERE VERY ALONE!

September 17, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • FaRah

I agree with you Dan L. You really just can't know how evrhnteiyg was gonna turn out with Hill. He didn't play all that much like you said and it would have been nice to see him burn a bit more to get a better grasp on his talents and potential, but your reasonings for him not playing with regard to trade value decreasing actually make some good sense. It just didn't pan out the way Donnie probably wanted it to and he had to make a few extra cuts here and there to free up the space to meet his plan.Regardless of the outcome, I have to give credit to Donnie for sticking with what he said when he got here and getting the Knicks as much money to spend as possible for next year. There are far too many criticisms of this plan before it actually gets the Knicks a chance to reep some benefits this summer. I find it so hard to imagine how a Knicks fan can't be completely excited. I know there have been a few moves made that the majority doesn't see as a positive step.. but all these steps have gotten Donnie to his goal of maximum money. That's what he said he would do and that's what he did. The fans should have thrown him out from day one rather than turn on the plan just because it isn't going the way that they have drawn it up. There are usually many paths to get from A to B, and not everyone will take the same steps. I am excited for all of it and give alot of credit to Donnie and Mike for giving the Knicks a chance to do something great.

September 8, 2012 at 9:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. SandyK

I agree that Piers questions were better than most interviewers. Piers didn't appear to hammer away at the false notion of MJ being an addict and did address the fact that MJ did actually have real medical issues he struggled with apart from any alleged and unproven "addictions." Jermaine, on the other hand, seemed clumsy in some of his answers, such as the drug issue. On the one hand he says his brother was not a drug addict and then speaks of his brothers perhaps excessive use of perscription meds? To me it sounded like he said my brother's not a drug addict but he is a drug addict. Ugh!!! How can Jermaine know anything about Michael's alleged use of Demerol or any other drug for that matter? And why didn't he reference the autopsy report on this subject? Also, Jermaine claimed to have done all kinds of research on Propofol but stumbled when asked about the drug and what he learned about it for the book. As for the upcoming trial, I was glad that Jermaine kept the focus on Conrad Murray in this interview as opposed to suggesting the guilt of un-named others as he has done in the past. Although I agree he may very well be RIGHT, any un-named others are clearly beyond the scope of this trial and will have to be an issue for another day. As for Jermaine's publication of this book I'm still undecided as to what to think...:-( Many will want to ascribe a purely self interested motive to this release. I think it's a lot more complicated than that and is unfair to reduce it to that alone. Money has long since complicated the relationships in this family, as it would with any family. That won't change. And certainly MJ chose to keep his family at arms length at times for many different reasons while still professing his love for them. But this is still a family with a long history together and strong emotional ties to one another despite what any of the members have said in public about each other over the years. Despite the complicated relationships, Jermaine, for the most part, has stood by his brother and frequently defended him in public, albiet clumsily at times. I do commend him for that effort.

September 18, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Michela

I agree Sandy K, Michael's family all stand by him in the long run. They didn't always get it right in the past ( like all of us, we all make mistakes ) but I still think they were a close family, especially when it mattered. As a fan, I prefer to support Michael's family when they're trying to support him.
    Michael should not have been forced to attend court when he was ill with back pain, how cruel.

September 18, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. dr.black

What do you guys expect Jermaine to say? His brother was indeed a drug addict but it hurts to admit that.

The family knew that Mr.Jackson had a problem with prescription drugs. Janet said they tried to have interventions and Jermaine says here he knew about the Demerol,etc. At his death scene, there were multiple sleep aid/anxiety prescription bottles that overlapped and were from different doctors. There were fake names used to obtain the pills. The La PD described him as "a known addict" and they could not do so without evidence like that. And one problem lead to another: Mr. Jackson became immune to the sleep drugs because he overused them and he became very tolerant so he turned to anasethesia to deal with the insomnia.

And people who do not understand autopsies need to stop acting like his autopsy cleared him of drug abuse. It did not. While the liver was in good condition, there are other signs of substance abuse on autopsy. The autopsy showed needle marks everywhere–consistent with the reports of injected pain meds and sedatives. Needle marks all over a body are a hallmarks of substance abuse. His autopsy showed tolerance in its body fluid/organ data as it showed Lorazepam had reached the hepatic circulation, a secondary circulation. This means he was used to Lorazepam,etc, at high doses and lived long enough to metabolize it in the liver instead of dying immediately(he had an OD of Lorazepam and Valium,etc, as well as Diprivan). His body fluid data also showed Ephedrine, a stimulant illegal in the US, in his urine but not his blood which means he took it prior to his last day as it was completely metabolised. This is another sign of substance abuse as patients who uses downers also often use uppers to counteract the effects. He was underweight. There are reports that Mr.Jackson was having chills and saying he felt hot/cold and this can be seen in withdrawal of drugs; Kenny Ortega admitted he left one rehearsal with these complaints.

All of this is consistent with substance abuse. Jermaine has his faults but he is between a rock and a hard place so he is trying to hedge a bit about saying his brother was an addict but it will be clear in the trial that there were drug problems with Mr. Jackson.

Just because there was a drug problem does not mean that Mr. Jackson deserved to die as he did. He should have gotten help and Dr. Murray was negligent in not getting him into a medical rehab and in not monitoring him on a very dangerous drug.

September 18, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • SandyK

I respectfully disagree with you, sir.

September 18, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Tochi

Y do you disagree? You believe what the TV says? MJ was an addict, but CM didn't do his job well. My question is: Why would the managers and organizers of the show want MJ to perform on tours when he was not strong enough? They need to be called to order....

October 6, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • SandyK

The presence of Ephedrine is inconcluse re drug abuse/addiction and specualtive at best.

September 18, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • SandyK

The needle marks were created primarily by Dr. Murray with the balance created by the paramedics while they tried to revive a dead man. They do not proove drug addiction/abuse by patient, only abuse by the doctor in this case.

September 18, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Michela

The autopsy did not show that there were needle marks everywhere. Where are the references ?

September 18, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Diana

There were reports of needle marks when the autopsy report was released. Soon after he died, there were sensational reports that were false, about just how emaciated he was. Later, the official report found him relatively healthy, but there were needle marks. http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/10/01/doctor-reveals-details-of-michael-jacksons-autopsy-report/

Jermaine never has anything helpful to say – I have to believe he sincerely wants to help – but this interview does nothing to enhance his late brother's reputation, unfortunately.

September 19, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Michela

If you look at the official Autopsy Report it mentions needle marks as, (12, page 3, " Evidence of Recent Therapy), during resuscitation procedures, not recreational drug use. There is also a detailed reference to the Intra-venous catheter used for the propofol. Two rounds of Epinephrine and Atropine were given during CPR, although some assumed this to mean that MJ was "on" Ephedrine.
        As you say, many newspapers sensationalised the findings in the report, in fact they had a field day but got most of it wrong.

September 19, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mrs. Cheryl Cofield

I believe Dr. Murray warn Micheal of the dangers that he would cause when he would administer this drug. I can not fall sleep unless I take a muscle relaxer. I lay in bed refusing to take this pill but I end up taking this pill because time passes by and I have not fallen a sleep. I was born in September 1958 and Micheal was born in August. Maybe Micheal did not want the Dr. to call his family members especially if this has been ongoing prescription care.

September 18, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. mary718

Piers asked some really terrific questions. However, Jermaine was inarticulate in answering them. His evasive answers showed that he did not know Michael very well and did little to inform. Just another money grabbing attempt, IMHO.
    He did say that MJ had an anesthesiologist for sleep issues. That was a shocker!

RIP MJ

September 19, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Yassess Leves From TMZ

Nice Interview! Catch That On TMZ!

September 20, 2011 at 3:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. donnalyn

WHY DID ONLY A FEW YEARS AGO WAS JERMAINE GOING TO WRITE A "TELL ALL" BOOK ABOUT HIS BROTHER MICHAEL AND ALL OF HIS DRUG USE .. ECT??
    NOW.. ALL OF A SUDDEN HE IS THE LOVING ADORING BROTHER... WELL HE HAS TO SELL HIS BOOK.. TALK ABOUT PEOPLE MAKING MONEY OFF A PERSONS DEATH... WOW.. HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF.. #1 FOR NOT TRYING TO HELP HIS BROTHER LONG AGO BEFORE HE GOT SO ADDICTED AND TOO FAR GONE... AND #2 FOR TRYING TO CASH IN BY NOW WRITING A BOOK AND DOING THE TALK SHOW CIRCLE!!!! DR MURRAY DID NOT KILL MICHAEL JACKSON IN ANY WHICH WAY SHAPE OR FORM.... MICHAEL KILLED MICHAEL... PHYSICALLY AND MENTALLY... HIS FAMILY SHOULD HAVE SEEN HE HAD GOT HELP LONG BEFORE HIS ADDICTION GOT SO OUT OF CONTROL.... TALENTED? YES.... SEVERE DRUG ADDICTION? YES... FAMILY IN DENIAL? YES...... DON'T USE DR. MURRAY AS YOUR SCAPEGOAT!!! THE ADDICT IS THE ONE TO BLAME... NOONE WANTED HIM DEAD.. NOONE!!! ONLY HIMSELF... SAD ...

September 20, 2011 at 7:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Paul

Michael was the most attacked a man in America. No man could stand it all. An innocent man was crucified. This is a big scandal. Michael gave the world his heart. The American media should now behave decently. The media should make amends. Repair is simply true. Michael was innocent, all the fans know this, because they understand him. MJ loved the children. Media turned his pure love for children against him. It was a peak of cruelty. All this (the whole cruelty) had to have an effect on his health.

September 20, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • KeepinItReal

@donnalyn, it would appear that the coroner disagrees with you. Michael's death was officially declared a homicide, in other words, he died at the hands of another person. It is clear that Murray is guilty of medical malpractice. It is also clear that he is guilty of criminal negligence. It will be up to a jury to determine that not only was this doctor guilty of medical malpractice and criminal negligence, but also involuntary manslaughter as charged. To say that Michael Jackson is the only one responsible for his own death makes NO sense and is rediculus and cruel in the extreme. Please read this quote from Dr. Barry Friedberg (board certified anesthesiologist) from September 9, 2011:

"The presumption of innocence normally accorded the accused has been lost because of Conrad Murray's publicly uttered statements ("I gave Michael Jackson propofol," & "I left the room.")

Any prospective juror must would likely be aware of these comments.

With those statements, Murray has publicly incriminated himself for patient abandonment.

Since 1989, hundreds of millions of patients have safely received propofol in various doses because someone was watching and monitoring them.

So it is not the dose of propofol, or who may have given it that is at question, but the flagrant absence of well-established propofol safety protocols that is the cause of involuntary manslaughter.

Murray having left the room without any remote monitoring devices subjected Jackson to a patently unsafe propofol practice that directly led to the predictable, avoidable death of Michael Jackson.

No amount of defense tactics can relieve Murray of his absolute responsibility to have watched & monitored Jackson."

Source:

September 21, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Tochi

Common, if you are going that route, then I can gladly agree that CM is at fault and he shoud be jailed and the case dismissed. However, I would also sue and murder everyone involved in the tour. MJ was apparently sick, and not strong enough to perform on tours. They were so greedy and selfish, wanted to milk him out. Y would I organize a show/tour/social event or whatever with an unhealthy, dying man? So if you say CM is the murderer, then the organizers are also murderers, they didnt' care about MJs well being, and I can see MJ being forced to tour when he couldn't. STOP USING CM AS A SCAPEGOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 6, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
      • ChattyCathy

He didn't look decrepit the day before at rehearsal?

October 7, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  17. Paul

America should be proud of Michael. Michael was a great man. Fans and children – only they understand Michael. Media all tangled and mixed up in a terribly messy knot. Time to fix it. Have mercy on us all. What he has done wrong to you, so treat him?. It is high time that Michael was completely rehabilitated. He was innocent. He loved children. He was the father. He gave an example, he gave a great testimony. Why he could not sleep?. This question everyone should ask themselves?. Michael was treated in an inhuman manner. As a person outside of America I saw how he was treated in his country. He loved America. He was Your countryman. Bring back the truth about this man.
    WE ARE THE WORLD.

September 20, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Stacey Cole-larson

Joy Behar is an insinuating nasty b____! So accusatory. Funny how she can be so ignorant when she lives in the pathetic media world. She should try doing some research and investigate how everywhere Michael went he made it a better place. Maybe she should try reading Dancing the Dream by MJ and realize he was on a conscious level that most human being never get too. Especially Celebrities.

September 21, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ChattyCathy

Yea,for sure,I totally agree!

October 6, 2011 at 11:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Lola

I loved The Jackson 5 and later The Jacksons once Randy joined the group and they left Motown. I would still jump up and start dicnang like crazy if someone started playing Enjoy Yourself. I used to love that song and play it over and over. Gwyneth

June 28, 2012 at 5:05 am | Report abuse |
  19. mr. niceguy

It's truly sad the way the family chooses to deal with thier loss. What I think is even more sad is the fact that they no longer have the centerpiece of thier interconnected careers. I am sure Michael loved his family but they were a constant reminder of his sad childhood. "HIStory" is all that remains.

September 27, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. orrie

during the course of this interview, jermaine said that michael wrote man in the mirror. i think he was mistaken. here, eg, it indicates that others wrote the song:

October 2, 2011 at 5:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Yaman

I watched the cooartn as well. My brohers and I would also get out my mother's afro wigs and pretend that we were the Jackson 3. My older brother always wanted to be the younger Michael.One more thing...in school during art we would always draw these figures with big afros and high heeeled stacks. :)

June 27, 2012 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Jurldine

Unfortunately Jermaine is in denial about Michael's drug abuse. He was addicted to those substances, I am a licensed chemical dependency counselor and the drugs that Michael took are addictive. They attach themselves to the dopamine receptors in the brain which in turn causes tolerance to build and addiction is the end result. That is why addiction is identifed as a brain disease. It is too late to minimize his use of these substances and say he just wanted to get some sleep. Yes these drugs produce a sleep state but that also does not come without the ugly outcome we all know as addiction. Piers I must commend you on an excellent interview. Job well done. Just ask Dr, Drew Pensky he will agree with my assessment.

Jerrri

October 2, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Michela

Michael had severe insomnia.

October 6, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • ChattyCathy

Denial? He's screaming it to the roof tops? JMO

October 6, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Abby

If we are going to portion blame out here, lets be realistic. Michael was a kind generous and sensitive soul, who only wanted to bring happiness to other people and help where he could. Greedy people took advantage of his good nature, they used and falsely accused him. I think the world can now admitt all the accusations were greedy lies. The tabloids made his life a misery. Watching his every move and only ever bringing to light what they thought was wrong about him, calling him a freak. Never once bringing to light all the individuals and organisations he helped. How much is one person meant to take, how much can you bear before you want to numb some of it away, sleep so you dont hear it. Jealous people were never going to stop, everyone wanted a piece of him, right up until the day he died. Everyone involved in the comeback shows DID know he wasnt fit, not phsically and definately not mentaly. To say the doctor is just doing what MJ wanted is a joke. Supply and demand. A doctor has a code of ethics, its his JOB not to over prescribe, any other medications he took supplied by any other doctors were sat on the bedside where Murray was treating him. It was his JOB not to give him what he didnt need or what potentially wasnt good for him. I can stand my kids in a sweet shop and they will want everything, but I dont let them have it all!!!. However you look at this, the Doctor is guilty, he wasnt watching his patient and he lied. What kind of Ethical doctor tapes his patients? For what reason? If Michael wasnt happy he could fire him, but at least he'd have the tapes to sell.Lets not forget, while Michael is slurring, he is being monitored by a doctor, who he clearly trusted. So whatever he has taken, the doctor gave him. It really is all about the money. Show organisers didnt care IF he was fit, just that they could get him through the medical for insurance purposes.
    IF Michael Jackson was an addict, he was still the greatest Entertainer that ever lived. He still done more for humanity than all of us put together in out lifetimes. He gave his soul to the world only to be persicuted, the fact that he couldnt handle it shows he had a heart. It would never make me think any less, admire him any less or feel any less pain for his loss.

October 6, 2011 at 5:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • ChattyCathy

You are a carpenter cause you just hit the nail right on the head! Exactly how i feel about it to a tee! It broke my heart yesterday to hear the other recording of how much he wanted children to be happy,Dr.Murray IMVHO was recording him and no dount was going to use the info to his advantage until he killed him accidently maybe? I don't think he planned it i mean 150,ooo a month.......wow
      Dr.Murray gave him propofol;,no equipent and did not even know cpr? Bottom line to me!
      Jo jackson took his son's life before he was 5 yrs old and sorry but his momma stood by while it happened and now all the family are money and fame hungry,they couldn't compete with MJ On his worst day!
      Shaming a man they shaped by what they did and now stand in line to disresepect him after death,I guarantee you though,MJ is the caretaker in Heaven now for children!

October 6, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • ChattyCathy

Yes,and they still are,Funny how they all started performing again,even Rebbie? I never heard of her in my life,king of pop's gone so now they're in a race and kissing KJ's azz because she got the money!
      worst thing though is defacing their own blood for it,he died and they want to shine!
      No family member would say what these greedy people are saying and especially if they ever cared,theres a reason MJ didn't want to see them? It's a disgrace,Jo always made fun of MJ's nose,well wonder why he tried so hard his whole life to change it till he hardly had on period and look at Jo's,he looks like one of them big wrinkled bulldog's with evel eyes! Latoya came out with her abuse story but now it "wasn't so bad" pffffffft 2 faced! I don't believe MJ confided in her about a dang thing,if he had it would have been Janet? JMHO Mike and Janet are/were the only decent ones out of the entire bunch! JMVHO

October 6, 2011 at 10:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lupa

@Abby
      Amen Abby, Amen.

October 9, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • ChattyCathy

BINGO!

October 9, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Celestin

What happened to MJ is so sad...He did well for the world He came to my country Gabon in 1992 and He blessed kids there and I really appriciated what he did on that time...I have few questions to you all!! Why MJ couldn't have his own kids??#1 One day the kids will know that MJ was not or is not their biological dad!!! so what will happen??? they can misuse his fortune and ruin his legacy.....he left this world by leaving confusions with his kids....DM won't go to jail...He didn't kill Him....Let Him Rest in peace...wherever you may be God bless MJ!!

October 8, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. David Cobbs

I think this is the greatest post ever made and I will find out more at google.

October 28, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Lenyn

I caught the Jacksons was rtveied, I should say but not the other.I guess I came out in the same place you did, surprised at the maturity level (or lack of) in some cases. Still, I also came away with a sense of true brotherhood. They love each other, first and foremost, even if they never get the music right. Katherine and Joe Jackson did some things right.

March 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Ahmad

clifton earl June 27, 2009 at 10:46 am This is one of the better blog wtsbiees I cruise, I was hoping that every blog would have a MJ tribute or post at the very least, he was and is a larger than life figure, especially in the music world. Your post made me think that there are people that are still okay, and love music for the right reasons.Thanks for a heartfelt post, and making my day a little bit more bearable.Best,Huge MJ & Wavesatnight fan

September 8, 2012 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Frank

I love how you are thinking. BTW a feollw youTuber shared this will me, FYI: Anyone that has MJTE on Xbox and? haven't gotten the special achievement yet can put the game on Monday and get the achievement for his birthday!! Enjoy your MJ weekend.

September 9, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Pharmd385

Hello! cdcdaad interesting cdcdaad site! I'm really like it! Very, very cdcdaad good!

January 15, 2013 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Maria Copelli

Paul first of all i want to say thank u for having a warm heart and wisdom regarding Michael! You have shown a consistent measure of respect ,and for this we all thank u so much! Justice still needs to be done..for this wonderful human being !

February 23, 2013 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Maria Copelli

This comment is for all of you ,who Love michael and beLIEve in Him...I would Love to see ,some of the L.K.L. Bloggers right back here ,whenever there is a topic ,related to Michael or his family ! Lets Unite and keep showering His name with the Love he so deserves to have ! Love u All.Maria C.'

February 23, 2013 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. jag

Jermaine has essentially been estranged from Michael for over 20 years. He has no intimate knowledge of his daily life. Jermaine, however, has made a career claiming to have "inside" information about his brother when nothing could be further from the truth. He does, however, seem to get his "inside information" about his brother from the same publications Michael was embattled with throughout his life – the tabloids. IF Jermaine had bothered to pay attention to the facts presented in the Murray criminal trial it was made crystal clear by the coroner/medical examiner that Michael Jackson was NOT an addict. It was also reiterated by a drug addiction expert as recently as the AEG trial now occurring that Michael was NOT an addict. I tend to lend them more credibility than the tabloids or Jermaine. Jermaine remains a perfect example of the strife Michael had to contend with throughout his life – not only from the media but from members of his own family who in their own ignorance perpetuated lies. Instead of being a big brother who Michael could rely on to be there to champion him and defend him he was simply one of the jackals attacking him. Jermaine should stick to speaking only about that which he knows, which isn't much, like what it is like to be a deadbeat dad who won't pay the child support he owes and has jail time hanging over his head.

July 24, 2013 at 2:03 am | Report abuse | Reply