READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For September 19, 2011 – Obama to unveil $3 trillion in debt cuts, Anti-Gadhafi forces suffer losses in Sirte, Floyd Mayweather knocks out Victor Ortiz for the win...
• Obama to unveil $3 trillion in debt cuts: "President Barack Obama will unveil a plan on Monday to cut the national debt by roughly $3 trillion over the next decade. Obama's plan reflects his vision for how best to put the country on a more fiscally sustainable course, so it is different in nature than the kind of legislative compromise he was trying to broker this summer during the debt-ceiling debate, a senior administration official said."
• Anti-Gadhafi forces suffer losses in Sirte: "Revolutionary forces in Libya suffered a sizable blow after more than 20 fighters were killed in the northern city of Sirte Sunday, the country's transitional government said Monday. Another 31 fighters were injured, said Abdel Rahman Busin, a spokesman for the National Transitional Council."
• Stocks tumble at the open amid Europe fears: "U.S. stocks dropped sharply at the open Monday, following a global sell-off, as investors fret over the European debt crisis. The Dow Jones industrial average plunged 165 points, or 1.5%, the S&P 500 fell 19 points, or 1.6%, and the Nasdaq composite lost 38 points, or 1.4%. The steep declines were sparked by growing jitters over Europe's debt crisis."
• 'Modern Family' takes home five Emmys: "AMC's "Mad Men" won a fourth consecutive best drama series Emmy, while the ABC sitcom "Modern Family" took top comedy honors at the 63rd Primetime Emmy Awards in Los Angeles Sunday night."
• Mayweather teaches Ortiz tough lesson with unsuspecting knockout: "Always protect yourself. It's the first rule of boxing. And one that Victor Ortiz picked the wrong time to forget Saturday against Floyd Mayweather. In one of the most bizarre endings in boxing history, Mayweather capitalized on a moment of immeasurable negligence by Ortiz to score a dramatic fourth-round knockout before a crowd of 14,687 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena." Earlier, Ortiz talked about the fight on "Piers Morgan Tonight."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Prez O proposes only 3 trillion over 10 years (300 billion per year)?! Needs to be 3 trillion in cuts this year and next year.
BTW leave small biz alone. I am afraid to hire if the rules of the game change every week. I can make the economy infinitely better than Prez O if he will leave me and my biz alone .
Why in the hell isn't Obama ever on time with his news speeches. He is wasting our time.
Why not just propose 'Pie in the Sky'. This will never pass the house so why is he proposing it? I guess to do the same thing Repubs are doing. Wasting time while making a lot of noise.
2011 Emmys Ruled By 'Modern Family'. I really like Mordern Family.
I found a good article covered all about Modern Family's Emmy journey!!!
Find it here http://www.hellogals.com/2011-emmys-ruled-modern-family/a-4629-1
You could certainly see your sklils within the paintings you write. The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to mention how they believe. At all times go after your heart.
Notify me of new comments via email.