Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

September 20th, 2011

Simon Cowell on U.S. "X Factor" launch: "It is the biggest moment of my career"

Judge, creator and executive producer of the U.S. version of "The X Factor" Simon Cowell is a guest on "Piers Morgan Tonight" this evening at 9pmET/PT, ahead of the launch of the new show tomorrow. "It is the biggest moment of my career," Cowell tells Piers Morgan. "I kind of knew what I was getting involved in before we did this, but you're never quite prepared for it."

Cowell also compared the U.K. hit version with this new American version.

"It has its own personality," he said. "And I've been quite cautious about saying to people how they're going to feel about it...you've got to discover this show."

Watch the full interview tonight 9pmET/PT – also on the show, his fellow judge Nicole Scherzinger.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Margaret (Glasgow)

What is going on with Simon Cowells eyes!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is it just too much make up or has he been under the knife again!!

September 20, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Jon

That's it Piers. I'm done. I've really been wanting to like your show, but I've come to realize what it really is. You do realize that this show airs in the US, right? I'm sure that all these British guests are very interesting to you, but I've had it. I'll be honest, I did really like the Ricky Gervais interview, and a few others were mildly interesting, but you're obviously making a show you would want to watch, without regard for your audience. Assuming that your show has an audience evenly distributed among all English-speakers (obviously not true, given that CNN is American, but meh), British people make what, 5% of that total? Yet they are something like 50% of your guests. Why?

I suppose you could persuade me to watch again, but it's going to take a gesture on your part indicating that the show is something other than an opportunity for you to meet your personal heroes. A month free of British guests would be quite the breath of fresh air, methinks. Otherwise, you might as well just rename it "Piers Morgan Interviews Yet Another Popular but Unimportant British Narcissist."

September 20, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Havanarick

Simon Cowell has so much make up on it makes him look gay.

September 20, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Chris B.

plastic surgery gone wrong

September 21, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. mmh

what the hell is wrong with his eyes and mouth he was ugly before now alien like absolutely no service to our world no knowledge about life

September 21, 2011 at 3:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Lindsay

Simon Cowell is the biggest closet Queen on TV. When he reaches about 60 he will regret not coming out.
    But of course Piers wouldn't ask any difficult questions being a friend and employee of Simon Cowell.

September 21, 2011 at 7:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. skip

Did she say she has a Grandpa who was/is a Catholic Priest? Interesting....

September 21, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Reza (San Diego)

Mr. Morgan, I wish your video clip here would show the hilarious condescending exchanges between you & Simon Cowell ! lol , I thought his remarks on your twitter were really funny....And by the way, his left hand moves are pretty feminine...

September 21, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. RealStealer

Wow Simon's face is so Botoxed it's frozen. Why people do that to themselves is beyond comprehension to me. They think people won't notice they have work done on their faces? Come on.

October 10, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse | Reply