READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For September 21, 2011 – Obama (and others) at the UN, the Iran hikers are freed...
• Pres. Barack Obama is at the United Nations today: "This Wednesday, world leaders gather in Manhattan for the opening session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA). As always, the most anticipated moment will be when the U.S. President steps to the podium. With little doubt, Barack Obama’s third annual UNGA speech will also be his most challenging."
• Here's more of Obama's plans today: "Obama and Afghan President Hamid Karzai discussed the assassination of former Afghan President Burhanuddin Rabbani, who headed a group working to negotiate with Taliban members. Also, Obama addressed a meeting of the Libya Contact Group, telling the gathered leaders, including U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon, that the NATO-led military campaign in Libya that helped oust Moammar Gadhafi from power was an example of modern global cooperative action."
• The American hikers in Iran have been freed: "It's likely that two American hikers being released from an Iranian prison will to go to a third country, possibly Oman, upon their release, CNN's Zain Verjee reports. One official told CNN that Oman was on alert to pick up the two Americans and the families have been there for a while. They would likely get medical checkups in Oman and get back to the U.S. as soon as possible, Verjee reported."
• Troy Davis is set to be executed today: "he Georgia Board of Pardons and Paroles has denied to reconsider their decision denying clemency to Troy Davis. Supporters of Davis have been hoping that some last-ditch efforts might help save him from being executed on Wednesday night. Earlier Wednesday his team filed an appeal asking to stay his execution.
• Singer Tony Bennett has some thoughts about 9/11: "He continued that he wasn't on board with the statement that those who attacked started the conflict. "They flew the plane in, but we caused it. We were bombing them, and they told us to stop." Later on in the conversation, Bennett added that he believed "To start a war in Iraq was a tremendous, tremendous mistake internationally."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Rent neeeds to be lowered.. ,Landlords are the reason why we can,t afford to get ahead.. Talk about Money Greedy People.... This is one of the reason we are in Poverty..
That is all Past. (/11 how many years ago that happen..Take care of todays what, Why we can;t get ahead..This is why we are a weak Nation.. Blame ourselves for today.. people are just Money Greedy.. all We want is Money & more Money we Starve the next person to get it..
Are you on drugs or just ignorant?
We wanted Bush to do something about the war After we were bombed.. Now President Obama did something about it.. We need peace with the other countries.. if other countries come together to bring peace .. what is it saying about us.. USA Can't even agree on anything.. Wait that is wrong USA agrees to take money from the Americans..
We Want our Classie Cars.. In Stores we are over Stocked in food.. Where does all the food go that has been sitting on the selves for a year.. To the poor oversea..??? if that was so then why are Children & people still starving....We need to stop Blaming the President for our Mistakes..
Lets Obama maintain his promised to allow muslims in american to built mosque at ground flow of world trade centre. I think can save the threat of terrorist
Estupendo ane1lisis de todo lo que este1 pasando faltimamente en tesvlieif3n. Como pensamos tambie9n en el programa, la sombra de Telecinco es estrecha, oscura y alargada sobre Cuatro. Pobre canal.Si no te importa, para una mayor difusif3n, esta podreda ser la editorial para el programa de hoy. Quereda elaborar algo del mismo estilo, pero tfa tienes me1s arte.Obviamente, se dire1 que es tuyo.
Notify me of new comments via email.