READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For September 30, 2011 – Anwar al-Awlaki killed, Michael Jackson 'flatlined' at home, Florida seeks to move primary date...
• U.S.-born al Qaeda cleric Anwar al-Awlaki killed, Yemen says: "American-born Muslim cleric Anwar al-Awlaki - whose fluency in English and technology made him one of the top terrorist recruiters in the world - was killed in Friday airstrike in Yemen, officials said."
• Michael Jackson 'flatlined' at home, paramedic set to testify: "Two Los Angeles County paramedics who responded to the delayed 911 call from Michael Jackson's home the day the pop icon died are expected to testify Friday that what Dr. Conrad Murray told them about Jackson 'didn't add up.'" Tune in to "Piers Morgan Tonight" at 9pm ET for more on the trial and Michael's longtime friend Brooke Shields.
• Bank of America to charge $5 monthly debit card fee: "Get ready for a new wave of bank fees. Bank of America will begin charging a $5 monthly fee at the beginning of next year for customers who make debit card purchases. Whether you use your card for one purchase a month or 20, you will pay $5 per month starting in 2012. It doesn't matter if you select "debit" or "credit" at the point of sale."
• Florida seeks to move primary date, upending GOP calendar: "A Republican-appointed commission in Florida could turn the 2012 GOP presidential nominating calendar topsy-turvy Friday if it goes ahead with plans to shift the state's primary to January 31."
• Holly Madison insures her breasts for $1 million: "Holly Madison is doing what's in her breast, er best, interest. The reality star recently took out a $1 million insurance policy on her breasts with Lloyd's of London insurance company, she confirmed to PEOPLE exclusively."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
hello Piers all the news is about ANWAR-AL-AWLAKI .tonight are you have the same ? .i will see you and i am happy.thank yous great job .allways.i am follwoing you ....
Dont you know its times like the heres and now that every knows the last great war that mankind will face is of good and evil with Jesus Christ leading the army of the good.
TERRIORIST ARE TREATED BETTER THEN BLACK AMERICANS
On May 16, 2010, a Detroit police Special Response Team, being filmed by A&E's First 48 reality show, firebombed the home of seven-year-old Aiyana Stanley-Jones in Detroit, and shot her in the head, killing her. There has been world-wide outrage at this murder, but to date, Wayne County Prosecutor Kym Worthy has brought no charges against Police Officer Joseph Weekley, who fired the fatal shot, or anyone else from the police department and city government (which had contracted with
The First 48), in this child's death. This qualifies as a first-degree murder because police had ample opportunity to arrest the person they were seeking, who did not live in Aiyana's home, previously the same day, but waited until the cameras were rolling. Weekley fired immediately upon entrance into the home in a poor Black east-side neighborhood. Didn't hear Ron Paul speak out against a innocent black child murder!
Black American Sean Bell didn't get a trial he was unarmed and gun down in a hail of 50 bullet. Fire by five American police officers. 41 bullets took out black Amadou Diallo a totally innocent unarmed human being. Gun down by four NYPD police officers. He didn't see a courtroom the four police officers were judge jury and render their sentence DEATH! 92 year old black Kathyn Johnston totally innocent was gun down in a hail of 39 bullet by 3 Alanta Ga. police officers! Totally innocent the stupid police raided the wrong home. Then they tried to covering it up by places a gun in her hand and drugs in her basement. Didn't hear Ron Paul speak out against these murders!
According to top American administration officials, a U.S. air-strike has killed U.S. born Islamic cleric Anwar al-Awlaki in Yemen. Despite previous claims, proven wrong that Awlaki had been killed in 2009, this time officials say the former San Diego and Virginia based cleric has in fact been confirmed killed by U.S. forces.
Bin Laden is gone and a drone operated by the Central Intelligence Agency killed Al Qaeda’s second-ranking figure in the mountains of Pakistan on Monday, American and Pakistani officials said Saturday, further damaging a terrorism network that appears significantly weakened since the death of Osama bin Laden in May. The 40-year-old al-Awlaki is believed to have inspired and even plotted or helped coordinate some of the recent attacks on the U.S., including the failed Christmas Day 2009 bombing of an airliner heading for Detroit, Michigan, and the also unsuccessful plot to send mail bombs on planes from Yemen to the United States in October.
An American official said that the drone strike killed Atiyah Abd al-Rahman, a Libyan who in the last year had taken over as Al Qaeda’s top operational planner. Mr. Rahman was in frequent contact with Bin Laden in the months before the terrorist leader was killed on May 2 by a Navy Seals team, intelligence officials have said.
And this is just al Qaeda; under the Obama administration, the counter-terrorism successes go even further. Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar, the Taliban’s top military commander, was captured. High-profile terrorists have been killed — Hakimullah Mehsud, Baitullah Mehsud, Saleh Ali Saleh Nabhan — while many more have been arrested — Najibullah Zazi, Talib Islam, and Hosam Maher Husein Smadi.
For eight years former Republican President G.W. Bush did nothing to find and kill Bin Laden or the many evil terrorist that murder Americans! President Obama is a strong and very intelligent President. Obama leadership should never be in question! If only the Republican Party would be behind the President and set aside hatred and the need to regain power. The country can be on the way to greatest! Republican need to need demonizing President Obama's accomplishment is hurting America!
Here is a example: White House hopeful Ron Paul and the American Civil Liberties Union each condemned the United States' killing of Anwar al-Awlaki, an American citizen who has never been charged with any crime. Paul, a staunch Libertarian, said in New Hampshire Friday that it's "sad" if "the American people accept this blindly and casually," adding that "nobody knows if he ever killed anybody," According to the Wall Street Journal. the Texas Republican lawmaker said United States officials "have never been specific about the crime."
The ACLU said the killing was a violation of both U.S. and international law."As we've seen today, this is a program under which American citizens far from any battlefield can be executed by their own government without judicial process, and on the basis of standards and evidence that are kept secret not just from the public but from the courts," said Jameel Jaffer,
Remember the American murders I mention above? The American Civil Liberties Union" nor "ACLU nor Ron Paul ever condemn the murder of black innocent Americans by American police in America! This terrorist is more respected then the innocent American that were murder. All Black all innocent and all disrespected by the "American Civil Liberties" ACLU" and Ron Paul! Ron Paul is more concern about a terrorist that has plotted to murder American citizen!
at tyrone: DUH!!!!!1
Notify me of new comments via email.