Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 5th, 2011

Clips From Last Night: Joel Osteen on the death penalty, and being rich

Last night Piers Morgan interviewed pastor and best-selling author Joel Osteen and his wife Victoria Osteen. Bringing up the recent execution of Troy Davis, Piers asked about the pastor's views on the death penalty. "It's a complicated issue," said Osteen. "We have a justice system and I believe in our system of justice."

Osteen also talked about being rich in this web exclusive:

Osteen: "I don't think God has any problem with you being blessed, it's where your heart is...I like being able to help others."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. dont

How dare you treat Joel like that. If I was him I would never go on your show again. You are no Larry King and I will never watch your show again.

October 5, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • C E

Osteen is incapable of defending his stance because he is unable to understand Scripture. It would have been so easy to explain to Morgan WHY THE BIBLE IS RELEVANT....but he did not do it. Apparently it is all about what he (Osteen) believes. What matters is what God says and thinks, not what an incompetent, uninformed person thinks (he did NOT even know what Mormons believe!!!!). It is extremely difficult for a Christian to stand by and see the mockery Osteen has made of the gospel. Mr. Osteen, study the life of Jesus and the apostle Paul, hopefully you will learn something about true fullness of life (hint, it has nothing to do with material things).

October 9, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Minister Marcus W Delaney Sr.

Agreed! I wonder if he'd been in favor of showing all of the MILLIONS of dollars that he's given away? Since he feels as he stated he true mind "Government should taxs less and give us more so, we can give it others." (quote might be off but being a resident of Texas it doesn't matter; that is the facts) HA! This guy is the funniest.

October 9, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
      • Minister Marcus W Delaney Sr.

My apology but I was in a hurry. Here's the revised post: Agreed! I wonder if he is in favor of showing all of the MILLIONS of dollars that he’s given away or that their receiving (monthly)? Since he feels as he stated his true mind “Government should tax less and give us more so, we can give it to others.” (quote might be off but being a resident of Texas it doesn’t matter; if it's the facts) HA! This guy is the funniest.

October 9, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
      • Amdavis

Bible Study 101 – Joel you need to step down and allow someone who is well equipment with scripture to lead the people at Lakewood. You lack the knowledge and wisdom to be a pastor and you are misleading a lot of people.

October 9, 2011 at 10:56 pm | Report abuse |
      • Joanna

Yes, Osteen failed, but doesn't anyone see the hypocrisy of Piers Morgan, a liberal who no doubt believes in separation of church and state? Why then MUST a pastor have a political platform??? Obviously, Piers' real agenda was bringing down a high profile pastor.

November 27, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Truth

Wow...What an eye opener for me. Thou Shall not kill...God is the final judge.

October 9, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • EMANUEL COLON

that is thou shall not MURDER there is a technical difference

November 27, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
      • I saw something dissapointing? Didn't you?

Morgan was not the problem. Who cares about Morgan? He's not the point. Joel with all his knowledge, and spirituality, should not lie, concede, and/or double talk his way out of a conversation.
        JOEL OSTEEN!!!! IF YOU READ THIS, STAND BY YOUR CONVICTIONS. OR DON'T, BUT QUIT BEING A PHONY AND POLITICIAN. YOU'VE ALREADY GOT MORE RESPECT AND MONEY THAN ANY POLITICIAN. WHY FAKE SOMETHING THAT IS ACTUALLY IMPORTANT.

December 11, 2011 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
    • C E

To Mr. Piers Morgan:
      Please invite Ravi Zacharias, John Lennox or Michael Ramsden to your program....I guarantee you will get answers, not only for your audience, but for you. Thank you for exposing the Osteens' lack of stance.

October 9, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Amdavis

I agree, Ravi Zacharias is definitely one who could handle Mr. Piers.

October 9, 2011 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barbara Blank

I was concerned about the difficulty Pastor Olstein had in answering the questions. This evening while washing dishes and listening to Joel's Sunday message I realized something. Mr Morgan was not looking for truth about our faith. He asked about, should the scripture of God's word conform w/the times? How rediculous, God's word is the same yesterday, today, and always. God will not share truth w/someone trying to tear down. Someday, if Mr Morgan gets on his knees and cries out for the truth, than God will allow him to be filled w/the spirit of truth. God loves us all and wants us to choose to love Him. He won't force us or play the games of non-believers! I'll pray for you Mr Morgan and your family. Remember, God already loves you. Now it's your turn.

October 9, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • C E

You are correct in stating that Mr. Morgan needs to find the truth, which makes Osteen's non-response even more tragic; he completely wasted a wonderful opportunity to present the gospel to Mr. Morgan. It would have been easy to show the relevance of the Bible and how it applies to our daily life!!!! Instead, Osteen chose to protect HIMSELF. Also, for a man of his influence to be ignorant about what other religions/ cults believe is beyond unacceptable!!!
        Osteen and his wife gave a black eye to Christianity, how sad.

October 10, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
      • B123

Barbara this is incorrect and out of line with scripture "God will not share truth w/someone trying to tear down". Case and point Paul the apostle- persecuted Christians and the church. God turned his life around to be a servant of him. Osteen is in a far scarier place than Mr. Morgan. I'd find a new preacher to listen to.

October 12, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
      • C E

Agree. Osteen is misleading people. Read C.S.Lewis "Mere Christianity".....or follow a preacher well grounded in his Theology (Osteen did not attend a seminary, he has no formal training), someone who is humble and not interested in the limelight. Someone who, like Paul, is interested in the saving of souls and how to live the Christian life.

October 12, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • MMort

I too believe Joel Osteen is riding his father's coattails and has no earthly idea of the depth a Christian has to live.
      He just learned how to tickle the ears of his followers and like The Crystal Cathedral, he has hit the money train.
      BUT of all people to question anyone on ethics it shouldn't be PIERS MORGAN. This man is on trial in England for
      doing a DIRTY job of finding out about people through phone hacking. CNN should be ashamed to have their name
      smeared by this transport from England. Mark my work- they will be the laughing stock of the really true News
      organizations. If I were on his station as a news person I would demand he be expelled.

December 25, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Mark Louis

Could you please let Mr Morgan know that there were 6 million Jews killed in the Holocaust not 5 million.

October 5, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Suzi Copoloff-Mechanic, Montreal Canada

Piers Morgan puts his own revisionist spin on the Holocaust–instead of six million Jews perishing in the Holocaust, Piers Morgan would have us believe there were five million. Thanks for the update, Piers. Not.

October 5, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Luiz Galvao

What does it mean to be a christian ? Jesus told the justice system of his time to throw the stone the one without sin.
    It can not be more clear than that.

October 5, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. C Crawford

Kudos, again to Piers.
    When you agree to come on a talk show, don't be offended by the questions. This is what you signed up for. If you are embarrassed or ashamed of your own beliefs then don't put yourself in a position to have them questioned on national television.
    This man is the new Jim Bakker. His motivation is money, not the salvation of a single soul. The day will come when how corrupt he and his 'church' are comes to light. His obvious servitude to the camera and the adoration of others is less than a holy calling. He is the top of my list as potential anti-Christ candidates.

October 5, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Nancy

C Crawford, I feel as you do on this issue. I agree with your comments 100%

October 5, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • MDC

You really don't have a clue and probably have never spent any time listening to him. But that is what clueless people do, judge without taking the time to research. Sorry you feel that way. There are plenty of other preachers I would agree with you about, but not this one.

October 5, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • CLD

MDC, I totally agree with you.... these clueless people have nothing better / smarter to do. No excuse for ignorance.

October 6, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
      • Minister Marcus W Delaney Sr.

WORD states that "YOU shall know them by the fruits that are shown are that one bares....." The only fruit hanging from this guy & clown of a wife is one of greed and the good ol' boi's grin. Don't we all just find comfort in his grin/smile? He's amazing yep, amazing.

October 9, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
      • Deplorable2

Unbelievable.. Osteen dodged every question with that Cheshire cat smile saying that he's ignorant on the subject...that he doesn't really know what to say about cap punishment, or gay marriage, or a Jewish president, or taxing the rich, etc. etc., etc.. Shame on Piers. He pushed Joel and his plastic wife right to the edge but then backed off. What is your OPINION on the issue Mr. Osteen? Forget for the moment your self-proclaimed ignorance. This Osteen guy is a charlatan to the nth degree, and it's sad that so many can't see through his guise.

October 9, 2011 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
      • D Latin

This is not a surprise we r livin in a time of much disbelief and mistrust and hopelessness, but not so for true believers of JESUS the Christ, for we know in whom we believe and we know that he (JESUS) will never let us down no matter what else is going on in this world. so i say to all those who are in despair and without hope, seek the LORD and you will find him if you get a chance to attend a night of hope go and then you will no that the LORD is with JOEL and that he doesn't need man's approval just GOD,4 as the scriptures says if GOD b 4 you who can be against you.

October 18, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • C E

Agree. Please read my response to "dont". Osteen will have his day of reckoning, as we all will.

October 9, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Joanna

The New Testament warns of deceiving doctrine and false prophets, which is all the more reason for everyone to follow ONLY Jesus, and discover for yourself the endless treasure in His words.

November 27, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  5. carol

i thought piers was too hard and harsh with joel hes ot a politician and shouls have been treated with more respect. shame on you pirs. i watch you every night. this was not a nice interview.

October 5, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. carol

my computer is acting up so my previous email left out letters. i still want to say piers was a bad boy. joel speaks of positivity and we need that now with all the turmol in this world.

October 5, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. K Koekemoer

This preacher Joel Osteen sits on the fence on all the difficult topics. The reason is that it's all about money for him and he does not want to risk offending any of his customers ... so he will never make a stand on any controversial issue.

October 5, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • CLD

Read the Bible and you'll understand what Joel Osteen is all about.

October 6, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • John

Joel Osteen is exactly the type of person who betrayed Jesus Christ, he is a perfect example of the Pharisee. Hypocrite!

October 7, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Cathy

I was shocked at the way Piers talked to Joel Osteen. I don't care who his guest is ....respect of his right to finish a question in his own words without his input every two seconds....I thought Piers was rude and ignorant acting. His disrespect of his guest was more than I care to see again !!!!!!!!!

October 5, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • CAROL

i so agree with you, piers asked questions that are so over the top.

October 5, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Kelley

Shocking! Joel Osteen preaches Jesus as his savior. Jesus a man who was wrongfully executed. I guess he believes in the Romans system of justice! Jesus message is of love and forgiveness. What about thy shall not kill? I've enjoyed Joel sermon on many Sunday morning. I no longer see him as preacher but as a great orator who panders to his base. It's seems his sold his soul for the all mighty dollar. Then again Jesus has taught me not to Judge!

October 5, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Roger Allen

My wife and I watched your interview with Joel and his wife last night. We were both appalled at you line of questioning.
    When you first started as host to this show I gave you a rating betwee 8 and 9. However. now I would rate your style and manner between a 3 and 4. I have been in the communications field for more than 50 years and served as a TV producer/ host for many of those years. You are hung up on political questioning. Instead, focus on the strengths and of these personalities. We want to get to know them – their quality of life – their demeanor – how they are serving others
    and their gift to the universe. Change your format – change your Style! This show is not about you. Show compassion!

October 5, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • MMort

Evidently you have not heard about Piers Morgan being on trial in England for phone hacking. This man will go to any
      lengths to get a story- true or not. CNN will soon see how far he drags them to extinction.

December 25, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Phil

Please understand Mr Morgan, Mr. Olsteen is no Christian. He denies the Gospel, which according to the Scripture is proof one isn't a Christian. I want to applaud you for asking tough questions, such as ones related to God and suffering, justice etc. But since Mr. Olsteen doesn't preach from the Bible he isn't really in any position to speak to such questions from a Christian perspective. I would encourage you to have folks like Michael Horton, R.C. Sproul, Ken Jones on your show to answer such important and deep questions.

October 5, 2011 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Linda Long

Mr. Morgan,Been a fan of yours til the Osteen interview.My Mother would say "you showed up unattractive and check yourself quickly before you damage more than yourself".

October 5, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Brenda

Kudos to Piers for exposing Olsteen as the hypocrite that he is. Olsteen's unwillingness to take a position on any significant social or political issue was disappointing, to say the least. Piers' questions were on point and appropriate. This clearly shows that Olsteen's primary motivation is financial– not wanting to offend his base.

October 5, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Kerry

I like Pastor Olsteen. I agree with most posts- Mr. Piers was totally out of line and if I were the Olsteens, I would not come back on his show ever again. Mr. Piers is arrogant and unprofessional. He certainly isn't Larry King. Piers has no compassion and it is Piers who desperately needs some spiritual awakening!

October 5, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Krista

It's important to state that it's hard to comment on Victoria and Joel Osteen's interview since they could barely be heard above Mr. Morgan's interruptions. CNN needs to take notice, this guy is not even close to Larry King and I and many others are turned off and turning off.

October 5, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. val

A gift for you from the wilderness…Truth.
    Satan has deceived the whole world Rev 12:9 until a woman delivers the true word to the world Rev 12:5, Rev 12:13 from the wilderness Rev 12:6. The true word now delivered John 1:1 turns the hearts of the fathers to the children of God Mal 4:6 proving by the word of God that not one child of God will be put in a hell fire no matter what their sins. It never entered the heart or mind of God to ever do such a thing Jer 7:31, Jer 19:5. Prove all things http://thegoodtale.blogspot.com/2010/04/no-hell-fire.html Prophecy is fulfilled. *Acts 3:23 And it shall come to pass, that every soul, which will not hear that prophet, shall be destroyed from among the people.

October 5, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Paul

Great job Piers. I would have taken the questions further. Joel Osteen has obvious financial incentives to not be controversial and shows a disappointing lack of intellectual honesty in his responses to even very simple questions. Too bad that he has so much influence.

October 6, 2011 at 5:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Stacey

I follow Joel for his inspiration. However, this interview was very interesting! Joel stands for.......? As Christians, as uncomfortable as difficult topics are, we have to stand for SOMETHING, and not waiver! Interesting! Also, I live in Texas....Perry is good for us? When? Funny!

October 6, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Stacey

let me also say, it seems that too many people are die-hard followers of man instead of God. Stop putting men on such high pedastals; they are not gods folks. They can be questioned, and should be prepared with good responses supported with the Word of God.

October 6, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • kemi

you take the words out of my fingers

October 6, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. zq

I read all comments and I do not understand that why almost Evey one criticizing Piers. Piers was just asking questions.
    Joel and his wife cannot answer properly and they (Joel and his wife) just saying "I DO NOT KNOW".
    PEOPLE.......... why blaming Piers. Please be realistic.

October 6, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. zq

All............................ Read carefully Stacey's comments.

October 6, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. kemi

I, as a Christian, definitely knows where i stand on gay relationships/lifestyle and i am not ashamed to say it is a sin. In God's eyes all sins are the same i.e the adulterer, liar or the murderers and so on are the same. So respect is to be given to everyone and not segregation insofar he's lifestyle is not affecting you whatsoever. what is the point judging gays when we'd go to hell for other humanly petty sins. As for Pastor Joel, I am really disappointed in him for not standing up for what he blievs for "if you can't stand for something you'd definitely fall for anything". Piers should learn how to stop interrupting his guests and putting words in their mouth. He virtually does 60% of the talking in his interviews

October 6, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. TCT

Piers did a fine job in exposing Joel Osteen's ongoing theological cowardice and highlighting Osteen's role as the bat boy in Bad Theology's recreation league.
    I hope that Piers will have someone like Al Mohler on the show and ask him same questions. It would be nice to get some coherent answers on behalf of the conservative evangelical population.
    "We live at a time when cowardice in matters of religion has been elevated to the status of virtue." – James DeKoven

October 7, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Carla

We should watch his sermons and see how many times he refers to his father and God. Am totally getting lost here!!

October 7, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. sneddog

The bible is the word of God, it's teachings and truths are immutable. It will endure long after our modern civilization is gone. It is this modern world that will be brought kicking and screaming into the eternal truth and reality of the word of God. I gurantee it!

October 7, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. sneddog

Piers Morgan, if you read these blogs I would like the opportunity to respond unequivocally to the questions that Joel, Osteen whom I have the utmost respect for seemed uncomfortable answering. The administrators of this blog have my permission to give you the email address associated with this post.

Thanks,

October 7, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. troy

Please Mr. Morgan will you have a pastor such as John MacArthur on your show when you wish to learn the truth. Joel is nothing more than a motivational speaker and does not believe in the bible as the word of God. He has proven this by his comments and his gospel-less message of salvation.

October 7, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Amdavis

Joel Osteen is just a motivational speaker who is leading a lot of people straight to hell. He does not teach against sin, his wife said she would participate in a gay marriage and it appears that they are not sure what they believe in. He seems to be a nice person but as a believer in Christ we know that there will be a lot of "nice" people in hell. Before every service he holds up his Bible and make a confession that the Bible is the World of God and he believes what it say's, he will do what it say's. However, he must not know what it says because he sure did not know how to respond to some of the questions that were asked of him last night. Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today and forever. His Word does not changed, neither does He. Sin is sin.

October 9, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. n8er

Osteen is wrong on every level. No matter how Piers conducted himself, Osteen has the responsibility before God Almighty to give answer without equivocation.

October 7, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. nikole

I have tried to post twice and nothing appears. Yet the site states that comments are not moderated. I didn't write anything rude. What's going on???

October 8, 2011 at 2:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  29. nikole

Well that does it! After seeing my previous comment appear I decided to post my original one again and it does not appear. I think there is a filter on this account that doesn't allow "certain" topics that came up on the program to be discussed. Phooey on the so-called comments section here.

October 8, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Minister Marcus W Delaney Sr.

To nikole, my feeling's are the same because my original post touched on everything "rebuttal" as I was watching. However it's not posted but when I added more then it's the more that shows! I'm not getting it either.....were invited to post as long as were respectful however if you're to too honest then your posting might not make it to the board; that's freedom for ya!

October 9, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • nikole

Minister MWD - oh oh - are those initials on purpose? Very good. I found CNN's complaints email and sent one. Somebody named Kyle just responded asking for the URL so he could check into the problem. We shall see.

October 10, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Minister Marcus W Delaney Sr.

Oh, and if he's "helping" then please forward him my info. I'm sure as a member of like FAITH that he wouldn't mind giving to help keep me a float since I've become unemployed.........right but his heart is in the right place.

October 9, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Nam

Dear Mr. Morgan...... Incase you really want to know what to say to parents who've lost their child or to someone who has cancer, that God does love them and to help them to believe it, ask Stephen Knapp.... His knpowledge on religion is thorough, unlike Mr. Osteen....

October 9, 2011 at 2:34 am | Report abuse | Reply
  32. Jackie

Piers, 5 million Jews murdered in the Holocaust? Read your history books. 6 Milliion is the universally accepted number, unless you're Holocaust denier.

October 9, 2011 at 7:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  33. HOPE

When I see Joel and Victoria I think of them as just another flamboyant Ken and Barbie doll. I think it is obscene for them to use their faith and their children to become rich. The questions Piers Morgan asked were legitimate questions and deserved answers. I love the expression, "If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen". The Osteens are so superficial and give Christians a bad name. Speaking for a mother who has lost her son I am extremely insulted that you would imply that it is God's will and that it serves a bigger purpose.

October 9, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. siriusdoc

For a man who public speaks on a daily basis, I was appalled at the number of "you knows" he said. His wife too. He is not someone I would ever look up to, you know?

October 9, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. cherie

Just cancel P.Morgan already. After his interview with Joel & comments that Morgan said about God, UGH! I thought P. Morgan was a bad pick from the get-go, but he's not proving me wrong. CNN should give him 3 big X's & harsh insults like Morgan does to people on AGT, and then boot him off the stage permanently with no wild card to come back. Let's see someone who is more similar to Larry King on there. And what's with this British Invasion non-sense on our TV shows? It's not popular or trendy, so stop it already.

October 9, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Minister Marcus W Delaney Sr.

Good Morning! You must be from TEXAS or the South. Seriously you're upset with the host? It was the Man/Speaker(preacher) and his wife that wasn't ready even as the WORD states "be ready in season out of season....". Mr. Morgan was doing a job and if you ask me his assignment was to expose. Recall the WORD of Faith because if you're a true Christian (follower of Christ) and not a Sunday morning ATTENDEE then Osteens voice doesn't/shouldn't/or wouldn't move you cause a stranger (sheep of Christ) voice true Christians (sheep) won't follow. P.S. Don't allow MAN/WOMAN to lead any of you to a Devils pit. Search the scriptures for yourself that YOU might have or find enternal life....Bible basics~

October 10, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Roy Davis

Kudos to Piers for bringing up the question(s) on gay's and sinning. Shame on him for letting Joel Osteen "get off". Narrow minded people like Osteen are a danger to us all and their ideology breeds hatred. Osteen cares about money .. nothing else. In 20 years (hopefully not that long) the masses will look back at Osteen's views and others like him as sad. Piers Morgan put him up on a pedestal and had the opportunity to expose him for what he is ... and didn't!

October 11, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  37. EMANUEL COLON

MR OSTEEN came off as if he did not want to offend anyperson/place/or religion he seemed out of his depth.the fact of the matter is he was asked a questions based on his faith and that is what he should have stuck to and not made any apologies for his statements based on what HE believes in, now i take it from his view MR MORGAN is not a believer and his view showed that but the point is MR OSTEEN seemed unqualified to be on your show to represent a man in the christian faith.

November 27, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. emmanuel okoro

piers i'm so proud of you and even like your show more for letting the world see how some greedy rich americans (republicans) like Mr. JOEL. OSTEEN. who claim to be helping the poor can't even accept to pay more TAXES.. that tells me that the only reason why him and his wife claim to be helping the poor through charities is because the write it off on their taxes every year if not i dont think they will even give a what about the poor.. if the claim to care so much about the poor, what other way to show it than not minding to pay more taxes to the country that made you rich... SHAME ON HIM AND HIS WIFE, i used to like them and watch their show, but will never do again after watching them on your show.. again PIERS, thank you for asking them that question and answering them boldly that you dont mind paying more taxes..

November 28, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply