Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 12th, 2011

Kelsey Grammer's tea party support: "I think smaller government is a good idea"

Actor Kelsey Grammer has a new show, "Boss," on Starz, but he'll always be remembered as Frasier. He's also known as one of the few Republicans in Hollywood. He talks to Piers Morgan in a wide-ranging, at times emotional hour, airing next week. "I'm sympathetic to some of the principles," he says of the tea party. "I'm not sure they would say anything I object to. I've just bee told they're lunatics...I think smaller government is a good idea, always have. I think lower taxes is a good idea."

On social issues, like gay marriage, Grammer disagrees.

"I think marriage is up to two people who love each other," says Grammer. "I tend to think the government shouldn't be involved in any way." Watch the full interview on Monday at 9pmET/PT. In a preview coming tomorrow – Grammer opens up about his ex-wife, Camille Grammer.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. donna

i am agree with small gv. ..we pay for tham..and i follow you ..don't keep / blackberry / i have a very very good nokia....and i will see you.tonight ..thus

October 12, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Marina

kelsey grammer – tea party – family values................... I can't imagine the baggers are holding him as a shining example.

October 12, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cathy

From your post and reference to"baggers," I would think it would make you happy.

October 12, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Ben

Kelsey's twitter hasn't been updated for nearly a year. Not sure why you put it on the show but I just gave him a mention anyways.

October 13, 2011 at 3:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. midwest

Who cares what this guy thinks? His lack of judgment is evident in his inability to choose a suitable mate. Why should we think he could effectively judge the merits of a potentional presidential candidate or his/her ideology?

October 13, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Liliana

Who cares what celebrities think? You know what Mr. Grammer is good at? ACTING. You know what he is not good at? RUNNING A COUNTRY. Of course he wants smaller government regulation! Then it will be even easier for him to evade taxes! He is just as greedy as the rest of the tea party! People don't need to be worth net millions in order to survive! Especially when they are acting for a living. What about paramedics who SAVE LIVES and might be making 60,000 tops. Really? This country is such a joke.

October 19, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Gary

Liliana is proof that the greedy people are those who covet other people's money. Perhaps Cuba can parent her.

October 28, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Benjamin Burkhardt

Please... Come out... We all know you are a libertarian at heart, Kelsey Grammer.

October 29, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Chumbawawa

This guy is a self-centered jerk. Ignore him and his tv shows.

November 10, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. water softener problems

It's perfect time to make a few plans for the long run and it is time to be happy. I have learn this submit and if I could I wish to counsel you some interesting issues or tips. Maybe you can write subsequent articles regarding this article. I want to read even more things about it!

April 15, 2012 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply