READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For October 19, 2011 – Gloves come off in Las Vegas, postage gets more expensive, exotic animals prowl Ohio...
• Gloves come off, candidates go all out in Las Vegas debate: "Tuesday night was fight night in Las Vegas. Seven Republican presidential candidates clashed sharply over issues such as illegal immigration, taxes and health care at a presidential debate in Nevada sponsored by CNN and the Western Republican Leadership Conference."
• Postage prices go up ...again: "Snail mail is about to get a little more expensive. The price of a first class stamp is going up by one cent starting next year, the United States Postal Service said Tuesday."
• 24 soldiers killed in attack in Turkey: "Twenty-four soldiers were killed and 18 injured during an attack early Wednesday morning in southeastern Turkey, Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said."
• Obama pushses for jobs bill as bus tour wraps up: "President Barack Obama will make stops at an airbase and fire station in Virginia on Wednesday, the third and last day of his bus tour aimed at pressuring Congress to pass his jobs package. Obama will discuss the importance of hiring American veterans during a stop at the Joint Base Langley-Eustis."
• Schools closed as exotic animals prowl Ohio: "Officials in eastern Ohio declared schools closed Wednesday as sheriff's deputies equipped with night vision attempted to hunt down dozens of exotic animals - including bears, lions, tigers and cheetahs - that escaped from a preserve following the death of its owner."