READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For October 20, 2011 – Unconfirmed reports Moammar Gadhafi is dead, FDA cites sanitation issues in listeria outbreak...
• Libya TV reports Gadhafi dead; reports unconfirmed: "Former Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi is dead, reported Al-Ahrar, a National Transitional Council TV station. It didn't cite a source and the news couldn't be independently confirmed."
• FDA cites sanitation issues in listeria outbreak: "Unsanitary conditions at a Colorado cantaloupe farm's packing facility are a possible contributing cause of one of the nation's worst outbreaks of listeria contamination in food, the Food and Drug Administration said Wednesday."
• Ohio animal owner supplied cub for Heidi Klum: "Terry Thompson, the Ohio man who authorities say set his exotic animals free just before killing himself, once supplied a lion cub for a photo shoot with supermodel Heidi Klum."
• Prosecutors expected to complete direct presentation in Murray trial: "Prosecutors in the involuntary manslaughter trial of Dr. Conrad Murray are expected to complete their direct presentation Thursday. The following day, the defense makes its case why Murray should not be held liable in the death of singer Michael Jackson."
• 'Real World': Occupy Wall Street? "Are MTV producers going after activists for the next cycle of reality series “The Real World”? The network declined to comment, but a Craigslist casting call is urging Occupy Wall Street protesters to 'tell their unique stories on our show.'"
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
9:30am CENTRAL TIME. BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!!
GADHAFI DEAD!................GADHAFI DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!
WHILE RIDING IN A VEHICLE-GADHAFI WAS SPOTED BT REBALS–PULLED FROM THE VEHICLE-
HE PLEADED! "DON'T SHOOT ME"! DON'T SHOOT ME!"
A REBAL THEN SHOT HIM IN BOTH LEGS!......THEREAFTER....HE BLED TO DEATH!
IN HIS HOME TOWN OF SIRTE.
HE DIDED IN A BRUTAL FASHION......THE WAY HE LIVED!
THIS IS FREELANCER......CHARLES SCOTLEND...WORLD NEWS!
Well, his fate was sealed the day he decided not to leave Libya. Now what ?
I just hope that the bloodshed ends and there is some semblance of stability so that the world can get a sense of libya after Ghaddafi.
Whatever one's feelings for Gadhafi as a man and a political leader, I think it was totally unacceptable for a show like Piers Morgan's to air that Youtube video of Ghadafi being slaughtered. CNN's standards of journalism ought to be better than this. We all want to hear what the 'experts' have to say, but do we have to listen to their comments against such a brutal and distasteful backdrop?
Graphics are really pleasant source of education instead of wording, its my experience, what would you say?
Notify me of new comments via email.