Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 21st, 2011

Hilary Duff doesn't want her child in the spotlight: "I just pray to God that's not what he wants"

Actress, singer (and, now, author) Hilary Duff is about to add something else to her resume – mother. She talks to Piers Morgan about growing up in the spotlight, and whether she'd want that for her child, in an interview airing Saturday 9pmET/PT. "I don't think there's a way to stop it. I think kids know what they want," says Duff. "I just pray to God that's not what he wants."

Duff said the industry has changed. "There's such an obsession with people's private lives, that I really don't think was there before," she says. Watch the full interview Saturday, 9pmET/PT.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Shana

I will be watching this weekend! I am curious how Hilary has stayed so grounded, away from trouble and scandals and tabloids. I think I have only seen her out with 1 guy, her husband! She sounds like a clear headed, responsible lady. Mrs. Duff will be a good mom doing what is best for their children should be the goal.

October 21, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Audrey

It seems like a lot of the problems today started with deregulation during the Reagan Administration. For example the deregulation of commodities and the deregulation of media industry. Could Michael speak to this. Why did this happen? How did this start? Why did it seem like such a good idea at the time?

October 21, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Hottebyttche.usa

Piers, I implore you, Tell Hilary Duff to google Faye Dunaway , look at Faye when she was Hilary's age. Faye Dunaway was an extreme beauty!! Needless to say she's far a better actress than Hilary. Hilary was perfectly stupid to make a comment about Dunaway's looks. Hilary could never hold a candle to Faye's beauty with her just-about-average beauty. Hilary should watch the movie The Happening and learn to keep her silly mouth shut about Dunaway's looks. Now I know why she didn't want to 'discuss it' should people realize how ugly she is compared to Faye. Mon dieu!

October 22, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • dustin

if Faye can't take the heat she should have never shot at hilary stating, "can't they cast a real actor?"
      Hilary is obviously a real actor and if Faye had nothing nice to say she shouldn't have said anything at all. Faye was asking for a blow black and the Duff, being the Duff..obviously gave her one.

October 23, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Dan

I actually really look up to her. She if one of those rare celebrity's now a day that is actually only ever in the public eye for her work, and up coming projects, not for being a brand or shopping at Barney's in New York, or hitting up LA's hot spots.

October 23, 2011 at 4:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Brunna

I believe that my beelvod Hilary is an excellent choice to be a spokesperson for the I AM WATER Foundation. I love her very much and she is still a fantastic role model. Congrats and God Bless Hilary!!!!P.S.: Hilary, if you ever see this, PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE, put out a new album and go on tour soon! I don't even want to know what it would be like to not see in concert 3 summers in a row. Thanks and God Bless.

June 27, 2012 at 9:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. dustin

Hottebyttche.usa

Hilary is obviously a rude actor and if Faye had nothing nice to say she shouldn't have said anything at all. Faye was asking for a blow black and the Duff, being the Duff..obviously gave her one.

October 23, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. dustin

real actor* not rude.

October 23, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ivan

I loved her the moment I raleized I was pregnant, but it wasn't until she was about eight weeks old that I raleized I missed her while she slept. I think that's when I loved her as M and not as my daughter .

June 27, 2012 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Josh Fox

just have anal

December 17, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. click here

Thanks , I've just been searching for info approximately this subject for a long time and yours is the best I've found out till now. However, what in regards to the bottom line? Are you certain in regards to the supply?|What i do not realize is actually how you are no longer really much more smartly-appreciated than you might be now. You're so intelligent.

May 23, 2012 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Pety

OMG!!! HILARY DUFF is the BEST person ever. i love her. she is BEAUTIFUL, ALWAYS HAPPY, of cuosre brings JOY and she is just the light that this world needs to see. she has never done anything wrong and is a super nice person. she is going to go far in her life and im sure she will try her best to let everyone else's dreams come true. =)

June 27, 2012 at 9:46 am | Report abuse | Reply