Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 21st, 2011

Piers Morgan, Michael Moore and You: Come see a live "Piers Morgan Tonight"

Are you struggling to make ends meet? Have you lost your job? Your home? Are you fighting for health insurance? Are you choosing between groceries and rent? Are you part of the “99%”?

Join the “Piers Morgan Tonight” audience in New York City for an in-depth look at America’s financial crisis and get your questions answered – with special guest Michael Moore on TUESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 9pmET. For tickets to our audience, email PiersMorganTonightTickets@gmail.com with your name, photo, phone number, # of tickets (up to 2), and your story of being part of the 99% by SATURDAY, OCTOBER 22 at NoonET. The last time Michael Moore was on "Piers Morgan Tonight," was the first day he went to "Occupy Wall Street" – nearly a month ago. Watch his initial reaction above.

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Linda Van Ysseldyk

Why do you require all the personal information?

October 21, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Nancy

We don't have free media that's why.

October 21, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Helen

I am widowed mother of four I have been working two jobs and attending University in which I graduate in December. I have struggled and continue to attempt to pay all my bill, I dont drink, I rarely go anywhere beside work, home, school, and my childrens extra curricular activities. I do not have support from anyone, I have family but they have their own struggles. I am proud of what I have accomplished but yet I would like a break just a few days of wondering if I can pay those bills, am I going to be healthy enough to work. Inflation-economy-bad politic have left poorer than I was. I would like just one politician, banker, or CEO to walk in my shoes for just one day!

October 21, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Andre

What makes you think they haven't?

October 22, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Karen

Ummmm...cuz clearly they haven't...or if they have....they've forgotten!

October 25, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joy

I think Piers is confused when he talks about Michael Moores wealth as a form of Capitalism... It's really Free Enterprise. Michael has the opportunity in America to be a film maker and we the people "choose" to support him and pay money to see his movies & read his books. It's different when you want to go shopping somewhere and the majority of your options are made in China b.s. GMO foods and so forth... You may have a variety of big box stores to shop at but the quality is sub par and outsourced.... That is not "fair" trade... We don't support our own country... We accept poor quality goods and call it "economy" when we're forced to buy crap or go without...

October 21, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. James

I'd love to see Michael Moore. He's one of my idols. And, I am unemployed. And, my wife is also recently unemployed. Unemployment doesn't even begin to touch the bills and soon we'll have to figure out how to pay the rent and utilities. Even small part time jobs aren't cutting it. I'd love to go to the show, but I'd have no way to make it to NYC, even though I'd have a place to stay there.

October 21, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Joy

I remember when "small part-time jobs" were a part of the American Dream... and if you worked you could at least afford a car of some type that ran pretty good, was maintainable, and maybe you even had your own apartment too... So how come people that work at Walmart & McDonalds which are considered two of the biggest corporations in America have the most employees living in "poverty" wages? Just because they aren't doctors or lawyers doesn't mean they should live in poverty...

October 21, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Lynne traceski

michael todays big decision was do i pay my 368.00 dollar health insurance bill so that my 12 year old can go for his mri at hasbros children's hospital (he has life threatening seizures) or do i pay on my delinquent car loan since i was issued a promised repo letter!!!either idea looks bad obviously if the car goes cant bring my tyler for his doctor apt!!!

October 21, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • t beth

$368.00/month for health insurance for a family is inexpensive if it covers office visits, lab, x-ray, outpatient surgery and inpatient hospital care and really cheap if it covers a portion of prescription drugs.
      I think what your trying to say is that a person working a full-time job should be able to afford a place to live including utilities, food, a car, gas and the insurance; both auto, home, life and health.Your blaming Health Insurers, why not complain about the cost of renting an apartment; the rising cost of food and gas and utilities and not to mention the monopoly cable tv companies have and their outrageous charges.
      I can relate with your problem and we all at one time in our lives have had to make choices of who to pay first when money is tight.
      The problem with jobs is that good paying blue-collar jobs have left the Country and computers and outsourcing jobs to other Countries has reduced the number of clerical and support jobs. It seems to earn a wage that you can can comfortably raise a family on, you must have tecnical skills, college degrees(but actually these days you almost need a Masters or Doctorate). I have one son who has graduated from College and one in Junior College. Both live at home. The College Grad is 25 y.o. can't find a job paying enough to live on his own. I think they are calling them "boomerang" kids.
      Fortunately, we have good jobs and had been saving money as we could for the past 35 years. Hopefully they will find jobs that allow them to support themselves before we retire. We are both in our mid 50's.

Best thing my kids can do is start their own business that is the way many professional people that have lost jobs have approached the situation. Besides, I want them to work for themselves because you don't have to worry about being layed off.

October 22, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Madame Defarge of Wall St.

I just want things to change for my 5 grandkids. The oldest is just 2 years from college and I don't think her parents or anyone in the family can help her pay for it. She is so bright and intelligent, it would be a shame to waste her ambition to be a doctor by having to work at a menial job for minimum wages just to try to save up for her classes.

October 21, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • t. beth

I hear what you are saying. I co-signed a student loan for both of my neices and when they graduated and had to start paying back the "Ginnie Mae" loan(tell her to steer clear of these crooks), the Loan Payment was more than they earned in one month. So what did they do, they reduced the monthly payment, sound good but, because of this her principle balance was increasing at a rapid pace. Crooks We took money from our retirement plan and paid off their loans and they make minimal monthly payments to us.
      My Husband is a Podiatrist. All of the young Podiatry Residents have huge debt when they graduated. With the reductions in fee reimbursements for services and the high cost of setting up and running a practice, many Doctors actually discourage the young from following this path. Medicare reimbursements hardly or don't even cover the cost of providing the treatment and care and because of Medicare paying so little, my Husband is working 12 hour days 5 days a week. He works longer hours, sees more patients and makes less then he made in the early 1990's. So Doctors are facing the same reduction of income as all workers that rely on Ordinary Income. To be honest, if Medicare and Medicaid reimbursements continue to decline we won't be able to afford to see these patients. The choice will be laying off employees or treating patients where our expenses our more than the fee we are allowed to charge.
      Health Insurance premiums will continue to rise. Far faster then they would have prior to PPAC.
      The Individual Insurance Mandate is necessary to compensate Insurance Companies for the additional costs of insuring patients with serious illinesses, those that need surgery and those that will need life-long treatment, medicine and care.
      Wiithout their ability to collect more premiums by increasing the number of insureds there is no way they could cover people with costly pre-existing conditions or pay 100% of the cost of preventive health screenings

As far as covering children up to age 26, most group policies already covered them if they were iin college. And, most group policies cover newborn care, regardless if they are born with problems and they can be added to the policy and the premium will go up only to cover an additional family member.

Good luck to your Grand Daughter there are many Scholarships and Grants she can apply for and if someone in your family is willing to co-sign her loan she should have no problem getting one.

October 22, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Sandy

Where is the free speech at CNN? Who is STIFLING the media and CNN? Steve Krakauer why are you gagging CNN? Steve Krakauer did you not work for FOX news. Does Piers just read the script he is handed out?

October 22, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Nana Brown

EX-Mortgage CEO Paul R Allen gets sentenced to prison for 3 billion dollar fraud ( stealing ) and gets less than 6 years sentence yet an UNEDUCATED HOMELESS BLACK man Roy Brown gets 15 years for stealing $100 that he returned.
    Corporate Justice is nothing more than an empty word. What will happen when one million or more solders return home to find no job? Will we invade Iran and kill more innocent people to give them a job ?

October 22, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rifai

PNB, do you risk being disbarred for imnakg Poor lifestyle choices? If so I'd sugest steering well clear of anything between Southport & Lennox Head.Southport, on the Qld Gold Coast, is a bastion of chunky gold jewelry & white shoed property developers lawyers (& lawyers' disposable incomes) are most welcome. Lennox Head is in perpetuity 1962, so nothing untoward happens there.In between is a nefarious wasteland of dreadlocked ferals and alt.lifestyle types. Your professional standards board would take a dim view of your consorting with such types I'm sure.

April 5, 2012 at 12:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Jimmy Graham

Jobs, Jobs, Jobs 101...

Economics 101 is to Maximize Consumer Demand since 70% of our economy is based on it. This paradigm is to encourage a business culture -that is optional with tax credits- for working citizens having quarterly profit sharing with the company they work for. This will cause an increase in consumers spending for a strong demand.

The Best Policy is Economics 101 to have a cause and effect in the "hiring" of workers with the "growth" in profits, and "rising" stock prices. Also, there would be the effect of rising home values, and American savings rate. The tax revenues would rise significantly to reduce the deficit.

October 22, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Donna Summers

I can't make it to the show but I will be watching from my living room with my family feeling very blessed and grateful to Michael Moore for his visions and sense of what is right . . . for you too Piers and CNN that you are airing this important show. It is so needed right now and CHANGE needs to happen. God Bless you all. I could not be happier that a fight for the return of Integrity is taking place in this country. Miracles DO happen. We need to fight for economic justice in this country. It is the RIGHT thing to do.

October 23, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Ellen Konnert

Hi, I just read that Michael has invited Mr. Blankfein to join him on your program. I highly doubt that B will accept the offer.
    HOWEVER I emailed Michael back that he should invite Ray Dalio, CEO of, The Blackwater Hedge Fund. Blackwater
    Is the most successful hedge fund and Mr. Dalio has expressed an interest in having a 'dialogue' with people from, "Occupy Wall Street." He is a brilliant but very eccentric individual and it could prove to be highly entertaining TV.
    I am an RN/NP who has worked for 40 years as a nurse and I continue to do so. Nursing is demanding both physically,
    Emotionally and intellectually. Although I love my profession, I have lived with declining 'real' income year after year after year for the past several plus years while also living with exhorbitant rising health care premiums from corrupt
    Insurance companies. The Democrats have done a pitiful job explaining the importance of Universal Health Care. When
    the Republicans SCREAM Socialism, the Dems. Need to counter with the success of Medicare and the 'success ' of the Universal Health Care given to All Members of Congress. The Democrats level of 'wimpness' is shameful. No one is
    explaining to the Amevrican People just how expensive to the country ER as physician is. When the intellectual challenged Sarah Palin screams about, "Death Squads", the balls challenged Democrats must explain the ghastly cost
    of end of life care AND that family and physicians will Always have final say. The level of discourse is so beyond dismal.
    If Michael, Piers and Dalio could simply BEGIN A NATIONAL CONVERSATION it would be a Mitzvah. :-)

October 23, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Vishnu

CHRISTMAS RUM EGGNOG RECIPE12 oz light rum36 oz milk6 tsp powdered sugar6 whole mgenuteggShake all ingredients (except nutmeg) with ice and strain into a collins glass. Sprinkle nutmeg on top and serve. Serves 6.

April 2, 2012 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. A.

1st of all, Kudos to CNN and Piers for having Mike come on.

OK now Piers, when you ask Mike a question, you have to shut up and let him answer. I'm tuning in to hear HIM; not you.

And Lloyd Blankfein, I'm really curious to see how you answer for yourself and for Goldman Sachs. At this point, you realize, ya gotta show up.

As far as Ray Dalio and others, it seems there would be so much for Mike to cover, CNN might want to consider separate Mike events for each invited other guest.

October 23, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Jeanne

Clear example in how telling the truth does pay off sometimes. It should't be any other way.

October 23, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Martin

I like Michael. He is my man and my hero and my inspiration.

October 25, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ummu

Glad you are all feeling teetbr and were able to get of this weekend. First baby colds are never easy!! You guys make New York look so much fun. -Melissa in So. Calif.

April 4, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Chris

Please do not ever get hurt at work in California. If you do, avoid ever getting involved in the Workers Compensation bureaucratic nightmare that follows. Does the average American have any idea what State Bill 899 entails? Long, long story short is that the ability to receive complete and necessary medical care is restricted and difficult. The California legislature has sacrificed your medical needs in order to create a favorable business environment for your employer and insurance companies. Take a few minutes and read the countless sad situations how this broken system has ruined peoples lives.

October 25, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Marsha Ehrman

I'm confused. If the rich corporations claim to need tax breaks to create jobs, but who have instead outsourced American jobs and pocketed the rest of the profit...why can't the corporations who actually do create American jobs and share profits with its workers and shareholders receive these tax breaks and the crooks who continue to sell us out get no tax breaks? It can't possibly be this easy. Am I missing something?

October 25, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Josh Gleicher

Michael Moore thinks that Canadian physicians graduate with no or little debt? I think he is suffering from "the grass is always greener on the other side" syndrome.

Dr. Josh Gleicher
    Toronto, Canada

October 25, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lisa

PNB, ignore them.The trick is to get out in the hills yoebnd Mullum and follow the little green fairy folk.If you do ever venture out here we'll have to arrange an excursion to take you out into the hills so you can judge for yourself. Google The Channon markets which are on, I think, the third sunday of each month, and which attract the Unwashed and their lice laden friends in great numbers. (Byron Bay or Bangalow markets may be a better link, though)With respect and great pedantry I must correct the newby, by pointing out that the appropriate end of the phrase when in mullumbimby' is in fact partake of the Madness'.I suggest you google Mullumbimby Madness in order to get a visual understanding of the idioms in the local dialect. Just delete history before your son follows the links, though. We don't want that.

April 5, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Jon

Michael Moore is pathetic. All he wants to do is stir the pot with ZERO ideas. He just wants to blame everyone with no solutions. People need to look themselves in the mirror and admit they are at fault for the majority of their problems and do something about it. Quit blaming corporate America for your problems, get off your ass, and go to work. Thats the major problem in this country, the "victim" card that people like Michael Moore play is simply disgusting. He is so out of touch with most of America and the sad thing is that he believes he is so in touch. He's an absolute joke.

October 25, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chilli

Great article but some of your facts are irrnocect. The pier doesnt sell alcohol, but you definitely can bring your own. As long as there are no problems with alcohol on the pier the staff has told me you can bring it out. Also the pier is pricey on purpose, because of the concern of other privately owned piers losing buisness the pier is charging more money to fish off it. So its up to the fisherman or women to decide where they want to go. I encourage you to talk to the Pier education staff next time your out, they are offering alot of educational programming. I think other than that youve hit the nail on the head. Thanks for your time and fair winds and good fishing!!

April 2, 2012 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. ARNOLD KIRKBRIDE

The Global Economy is the problem: However, to explain where we are today, requires knowing the past. In the early days companies employed many people and they were happy to be working. However, the companys polluted the air and water, and worked their employees, some very young, long hours and without any benefits or job security.
    The government then created the EPA, to clean up the air, and water. And Unions were formed for better pay and safer more secure jobs. The companys were forced then too initiate pollution control, both air and water, and Unions demanded better pay.
    Then because of Global economy, it became cheaper for them to take the jobs overseas, where there are no restrictions by the EPA, and no Unions.
    The only way we can compete is for everyone in the USA to work for less money, and eliminate Unions and the EPA.
    In my opinion, that is the goal of our Federal Government, especially Republicans.
    Theoretically, then prices on everything would go down, and Companys would begin to rehire here in America.
    In other words, we would be returning to the 1930's and 1940's. Arnold

October 25, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Deena

It's not only business/banks that are playing with dollars and people's financial security. In Massachusetts I was forced to waive social security contributions in order for a school district to hire me as a special education teacher. I was 55, divorced, and had a difficult time getting interviews despite my B.A. from a 7-sister school and a master's degree from another highly regarded college, so I signed. They deducted for retirement but gave my contributions to the Massachusetts Teachers Retirement Fund. After 5 years of teaching, I developed health issues and discovered I had no disability benefits. The MTRF kicks in only after 10 years. Then I lost my job (as did two others over 50 working with me, replaced by 30-something teachers). I also lost my house, my health insurance, and struggle with intermittent homelessness. I moved to NJ to live temporarily with family, and tried to get NJ teaching credentials. Even with my education, work experience and highly qualified teacher status, I was turned down because the credentialing process is not aligned with Masachusetts. They would only review my courses in graduate school, and not my work experience. I am currently appealing their decision so they will also review my work experience and professional development credits. Meanwhile, Arne Duncan and President Obama are campaigning for dedicated teachers. How do you lnk the federal with the state? How does a school district and state get away with conditioning employment on waiving social security contributions and redirecting it to their own systems? How can a teacher be "Highly Qualified" in one state and unacceptable for certification in another?

October 25, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Jennifer Sendzul

We have not been paid by a TSX-V listed company, which puts us in all the categories you are discussing with Michael Moore. The TSX-V and the TMX remain mute after our compalints, who can we turn to. I have spoken to the President of Transparency Internation for Canada and he says they don´t investigate these matters and don´t help individuals. We do not live in Canada and are forced to take the service of Canadian legal counsel. What do we do if we cannot afford the legal counsel. Do they win?
    Is there a way we can force this company into arbitraion, this company does some work in Nevada. In the past this particular company called La Quinta Resouces has prvided the TSX-V an account as to why they have not made the payment. This proceedure was done behind closed doors and we were not given any copy of what was said or an opportunity to reply. We are sending emails of a daily basis to the head of the TMX Thomas Kloet and the legal advisor Sharon Pel and Barbara Insley of the TSX-V. They simply don´t reply.

October 26, 2011 at 5:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ucok

Hey, Charles, One of the biggest nihtgs holding me back is that even though the knowledge I have to share in the Health/Recovery area is good enough , I am not confident in making my own videos. I have many years experience and have been a NetWork Marketer for over 30 years but the fact that I haven't made a HUGE amount of money yet ..stops me from Just Doing It . Making my own videos, I mean. I have YouTube, Facebook, Linked-In and Twitter accounts, but still haven't uploaded any of the 12 Videos I made yet. HOW do you do your FIRST ONE? What steps did you take to get over the fear factor? Thanks for any feedback and I look forward to your Teleseminar. I long to hold one of my own one day .Blessings, Dolly

April 5, 2012 at 12:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. B

Why can't I find part 3 and 4? Did he make lots of points?
    Michael Moore on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight, Part 1 (10/25/11)
    Michael Moore on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight, Part 3 (10/25/11)
    Michael Moore on CNN's Piers Morgan Tonight, Part 5 (10/25/11)
    Please show where public can find it? Much appreciared.
    B

October 26, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. William

Will this twit give Moore a chance to finish a thought before he butts in?

October 26, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pokiis

Terefe Fikru Posted on It is a great pleasure to pdurage my self so that i'll make a significant contribution to my home country on my return. i do have bachelor's degree in chemistry . Thanks for considering my application !!!

April 2, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Will I Am Too

Piers keeps interrupting Moore. This is no way to have a dialogue! For goodness sake, listen and respond to one topic at a time!

December 6, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. MJ

I was a bit disappointed that Piers kept interrupting Michael Moore. As a viewer, you are trying to get Moore's take on a situation, and I could not because Piers wants to take over. I felt that Pierce Morgan is a bit out of touch when it comes to the lives of every day, hard working Americans. Piers makes it sound all too easy. If it were that easy, we would all be living the American Dream. You can't blame hard working Americans for jobs being shipped overseas or for the lack of opportunity out there for college grads. You can cut back all you want, and still end up in the same boat. Americans don't want jobs that come and go. They want a future. They want careers that take them some place and not the same street called poverty lane. I enjoy watching Piers, and I hope he will give his guest a chance to be heard.

December 7, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Sudheendra

Pretty cool post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wtenad to saythat I have really enjoyed reading your posts. In any caseI'll be subscribing to your blog and I hope you post again soon!

April 5, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. California Wing Tsun

Thank you for any other wonderful article. Where else may just anyone get that type of information in such a perfect manner of writing? I have a presentation next week, and I am on the look for such information.

April 19, 2012 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Hassan Berdes

Teleseminars provide an opportunity for a host to provide information to a large number of people at one time. It allows a trainer to train many participants at once, one on many rather than one on one. It also eliminates the need for travel, expensive preparation and presentation material costs. These factors make teleseminars a very cost effective delivery method.`

Find out more about our personal blog too
    <="http://www.caramoan.ph/history-of-caramoan/

April 14, 2013 at 9:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Jona Bartosik

Cable television is a system of distributing television programs to subscribers via radio frequency (RF) signals transmitted through coaxial cables or light pulses through fiber-optic cables. This contrasts with traditional broadcast television (terrestrial television) in which the television signal is transmitted over the air by radio waves and received by a television antenna attached to the television. FM radio programming, high-speed Internet, telephone service, and similar non-television services may also be provided through these cables...

My current web portal