Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 26th, 2011

Donald Trump on Perry and the birther issue: "It's good for him in the Republican primary"

Gov. Rick Perry recently reintroduced the birther issue back into the public debate. The reason? Donald Trump.

Piers Morgan interviews The Donald for the hour, airing Thursday 9pmET/PT. Trump says the birther issue is good for Perry. "I think it's a positive him," he says. "It's good for him in the Republican primary."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Mary Scott

Mr. Morgan: I do not know why you are giving Donald Trump an interview and I will not be watching it. Donald Trump likes attention and his resurrecting birthing issue is just that. When our country has so many compelling and important issues, it is sad that you and the rest of the press (and Mr. Perry) focus on this ridiculous topic. It is one reason I find myself turning off CNN more often. I want to hear REAL news and issues, not this garbage. Let's move on!

October 26, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Anjell bejanian

I couldn't agree more with you Mary. I will boycott Pierce if "Tramp" comes on again!

December 8, 2011 at 12:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • newman

Obama is the worst president wall street ever invented. They had Trump on TV because many many agree with him, except on this liberal rag

December 12, 2011 at 2:52 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. CAT

MARY SCOTT, I COMPLETELY AGREE!! I used to love CNN too, not now. Anything having to due with Trump is an insult to all Americans.

October 27, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Neil Muchmore

Trump=GOOF

October 27, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Robert Taylor

I think I am going to vomit if I hear again Trump talk about Obama's birth certificate. Pierce Morgan, you should not give Trump the air time for this drivel!

October 27, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Mich

If one parent is American it does not matter where in the world he was born. He is still American and can be president. Stupidmto keep bringing this up.

October 27, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Blanca Molina

Piers this is one of the worst interviews you have ever done. Trump? Seriously? Talking about President Obama yet again.
    It really makes me wonder what really bothers him so much about this President.

October 27, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. william graham wells

l like Trump's idea of slapping a 25% tax on all imports from China but Piers failed to ask the critical, " What do we do when they retaliate by reducing their puchase of our Treasury Bonds ?", that we depend upon so urgently to cover our ENORMOUS trade imbalance with China.

October 27, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Sirwence

I just thought it was curious how Donald Trump made many times reference to the bad presidency of Obama, treating Obama as "negative force" every time he was asked questions about Herman Cain. It means to me that Donald Trump has even made up his mind to never endorse any black man to be President of the United States. Trump is only smart enough to know how to hide the racist side of himself. Yet smart people can always understand who Donald Trump really is. We do respect him for his talent in business. Other than that ...

October 28, 2011 at 2:38 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Agrapo

It was quite obvious to me that Piers was not enthused with anything Trump had to say and appeared relieved once the interview ended.

October 28, 2011 at 5:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Mary

I would have loved to have heard what Donald Trump had to say but unfortunately he kept being cut off and constantly interrupted by Piers! A good interviewer is a good listener! I stopped listening to Bill O'Reilly years ago because of this!

October 28, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Kristal

hello: I and others here de nederlandsl like your shouw but we foundet the donald thump full; haithtres against the best president Barak Obama only becouse he isnot blonde. thump is yellous becouse he is not in the whte house and he think the h'is too smart we hate pieplos like thats, hé is much too races . the same happens to my familys in germany ; but at way we are JEWS...... we knou too much. thanks.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 28, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. johninlongmont

we don't watch videos or support advertisers that force 30 second and longer commercials on us...15 SECONDS MAX!...join the movement

February 18, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse | Reply