Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 26th, 2011

Isaacson on the personal side of Steve Jobs: "Hard to live with" but "deeply emotional"

(Cover Photo credit: Albert Watson)

Steve Jobs biographer Walter Isaacson is a guest on "Piers Morgan Tonight" this evening in his first cable news interview. He opens up about the personal side of the Apple founder. "Everything about Steve is the connection of the romantic, poetic, ethereal side of Steve and the realistic smart, sensible, side," he tells Piers Morgan.

He discusses Jobs crying to him, talking about his wife. "He is a deeply emotional, intensely emotional person," said Isaacson. While "hard to live with as a family guy" their marriage was "incredibly tight, faithful." Watch the full interview tonight, 9pmET/PT. Also tonight – chef Mario Batali.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Jay Woods

Unlike the Genesis biblical story Steve Jobs wasn't afraid to take a bite out of the apple. A 600 word insightful reflection connecting these two subjects Steve and Adam is available for publication. You can reach me by phone @913-780-6545. Thank you, Jay Woods http://www.yesiunderstand.com

October 26, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Chris

I wonder why Steve Jobs felt his father abandoned him when in fact it was his grandparents' racism that prevented the father and son being together.

October 26, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Karen Johnson

You are an absolute moron with your descriptions of biological parents, adoptive parents and real parents....real parents don't give birth...they raise children make them who they are. How dare you insult the family dynamics of this very special process to become a family. Please, please do your research, your vernacular is sooooo outdated...like 20 years or so. What else are you getting wrong.

October 26, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mike Manes

Right on!

October 26, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Zoe

Beautifully said. Piers, I expected better from you.

October 26, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jane

I'm not sure what kind of parent you are, if a parent at all. Maybe read Zoe's comments; she seems to be able to point out the same thing without name calling. Good luck in parenting; think of your choice of words as well, Karen.

October 26, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Zoe

Fair point, Jane. While I wholeheartedly agree with the original poster's sentiments about parents, I don't think "moron" was the best choice of words. However, since I'm giving Piers the benefit of the doubt that his comments weren't intended to be offensive (even though they were). I'll give the original poster the same benefit of the doubt – most likely she was (justifiably) very upset and responded quickly without giving enough thought to word choice. It goes to show – it can happen to all of us including Piers.

October 26, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rachel @ Eggs In A Row

Yep.

October 27, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Mike Manes

Piers – I normally consider you an enlightened conversationalist so I'm disappointed with your interview with Walter Isaacson. I'm the REAL father of two sons – one is hand picked and one is home grown. I'm like millions of other REAL fathers that did not provide the sperm for my handpicked son but I did give my whole heart, soul, time, shelter, love, and would give my life for either and both of my boys – equally. The sperm donor could have and did not. He is the bilogical father but I am the REAL father. You're smarter than the conversation you are having at this very moment. I love you Slade and Seth (equally).

Dad

MGM

October 26, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Zoe

Piers, I'm watching the interview now. It's very interesting, but PLEASE stop referring to Steve Jobs' biological parents as his REAL parents (or his REAL mother and REAL father). His REAL parents are the two people who lovingly raised him. I'm sure your use of the term is not being done out of mailice but rather due to being unaware how offensive saying that is to adoptive families..

October 26, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mike Manes

Right on

October 26, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jane

Right on especially with the wording of your comment.

October 26, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Terri B.

I have found that most people do not know the pc terms for adoption." Real" & " natural" don't work; " biological" and "birth" fit much better. At times I have heard a celebrity defined by his or her adoption; that, too, is not pc. Steve Jobs has an interesting biography; his talents bring up the old debate over nature or nurture. I like the way Piers conducts his interviews with his opinions injected. Perhaps he will learn from his viewers how to speak tactfully about adoption.

October 27, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Andrew ShamRao

Piers – would you PLEASE let your guest finish what he's saying without interrupting him in the middle of answering your previous question. This is my second request with a new guest. Please have some decorum or I will stop watching you show.

October 27, 2011 at 3:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Phyllis Ruderman

Most children put up for adoption are not "abandoned" as you indicated. The birth mother makes a heart-rending decision in order to assure that her child has a better life than she can give. It is a gift of love, not of abandonment. I hope you apologize to all those who have had to make that difficult decision.

October 27, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply