Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

October 31st, 2011

50 Cent on why he never did drugs: "I see them respond so differently that I stay away"

Rapper and actor 50 Cent (Curtis Jackson) is a guest on "Piers Morgan Tonight" this evening, and opens up about his rough childhood, politics and business. He also explains why, while he sold drugs, he never used them. "I don't actually use drugs." he tells Piers Morgan. "I got a chance to watch a lot of my mother's sisters and brothers at different periods experiment with the use of drugs or alcohol and I see them respond so differently that I stay away."

He has tried alcohol, but says he doesn't drink any more. "I've had an experience that made me paranoid because of it and I stayed away from it following that," he said. Read more about the interview here, and watch it in full tonight 9pmET/PT.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Sergio

Piers Morgan Tonight is the main reason I tune in to CNN at night. Great job!

October 31, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Annie

I'm a 49 year-old white woman with a new crush. 50 Cent is adorable, so charming.

October 31, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. 50 Cent Interview

This was one of the most interesting interviews I've seen Piers conduct. I would watch it again. It was "real". 50 cent is a smart man. My view of him totally changed.

October 31, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. jill dean

annoying media blitz by madoff family & profeteers all in the name to make more money off a crime that seems unlikely that only father knew where all the money was coming from. great job piers in hard-nosed interview!!!

October 31, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Maureen

That was one of the most uplifting interviews Piers has ever done.
    Congratulations Piers and 50Cents.

October 31, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. tom

Piers
    Best interview I've every seen. I never really new much about 50 cent except he did rap. I am guilty of prejudging someone.
    He is intelligent, articlate, informing, knowledgeable, and truly someone who wants to help make a difference in the world.
    You did a great job with your questions.

October 31, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. mentinore

Right from his 1st album,I became a big fan of him. Before now,I know he do drugs but never knew he doesn't take it nor drink. Great job piers!

November 1, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. rueben

i like 50cent

November 1, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. klaus

50 cent iz d most wise against d other's i do love hiz idiosyncrasy while he waz on d dael...

November 1, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Jbailey

He was just a poor man that wanted a voice in the world and money its a shame that Americas would rather buy music from an ex drug dealer than to buy audio cd's that deal with education.I never heard him rap anything positive or uplifting like 2pac.

November 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. temmy

Baba 5Ocent we want u to do a collabo with Eedris from nigeria.pls u just hv to do it for ur fans and also stay off drugs

November 3, 2011 at 5:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Adriani

Oi

November 8, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. as

he spoke the true?

November 19, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. music videos

You already know therefore significantly on the subject of this matter, made me individually believe it from so many various angles. Its like men and women aren't interested unless it's something to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your individual stuffs great. At all times deal with it up!

April 24, 2012 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply