Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

November 10th, 2011

Gen. Colin Powell's advice for America: "I think our system needs to take a deep breath"

Piers Morgan sits down with Gen. Colin Powell for the hour tonight to talk about veterans of the military, Herman Cain and much more. Piers asked Powell if he has any advice for President Barack Obama to get America back on its feet. "You can't put it all on one individual," Powell says. "I think our system needs to take a deep breath and start correcting itself."

What does he want to see changed most? The "polarization in our political process." Tune in at 9pmET/PT for the full, revealing hour.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Rose Golubic

Best program ever–keep it going! Look forward to it everyday,

November 10, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chris J

You must not watch a lot of informational television. This guy is a tabloid hack. Too bad he made the decision to go forward with CNN vs. his appearance on a talent show (although I am not sure he has the skills to judge talent either).

November 10, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Chris J

Ten minutes into the interview and this S** for brains has interrupted (or attempted) Gen. Powell no less than five times? Morgan loves nothing more than the sound of his own voice.

November 10, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Susan N

Piers Morgan is a softie! He's too polite! let's be honest and say Colin Powell blew his career by fronting for the Bushies and supporting The War in Iraq. He was WRONG! But tell Piers he needs to get some muscle behind his interviews and ask REAL as opposed to wimpy questions.

November 10, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. David B

Where are they doing this interview?

November 10, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Reichties are Clueless

I was just listening to Colin's explanation of the down fall of the country......It's interesting!!!

Well Colin, if we didn't go to war and invade another country and Reichties spending like Drunken Sailors there wouldn't be a problem......

November 10, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sanju

I need some ideas of i want to start. I want to loose 30lbs by October 19th?Ok i want to start a weight prgoarm for myself. All this is because i want to start my family next year. Ok am currently 170lbs if i get pregnant now i would get to about 200 or 220lbs and i don't want that so if there is any good ideas out there tell me an let know.

September 10, 2012 at 2:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Robert Seagle

Sorry I missed most of the interview but I would like to comment that General Powell is the ONLY Republican that should be running for President. I like President Obama but I would vote for General Powell in a heartbeat.

November 10, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Kirigia

Wonderful interview, we need more Americans like Gen.Powell. Thanks Piers.

November 10, 2011 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Bonnie

I really enjoyed the program tonight. I believe interviewing General Powell was an excellent decision during this Veteran's Day and giving our sincere and wholehearted thanks to all of our current and past soldiers to alllow us to have the freedom we celebrate every day. As he so eloquently stated, we must cease to be polarized and come together as individuals, and as a nation. Thank you for this great interview.

November 10, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Phillip S

As a current Infantry Lieutenant, I want to thank you for choosing this great American to focus on for Veterans Day. Your questions were effective in extracting the numerous lessons we can take from General Powell's extraordinary life and commitment service. The interview brought to mind another veteran who I would like to see as the subject of your show–Ron Paul (former Air Force officer). Any news as to when he will be on Piers Morgan Tonight?

November 10, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. rose macaskie.

Heart rending, Powels description of the state of many veterans.
    Piers you said that people are cross because the bankers got their snoats right back into the trough and payed themselves out big bonuses the minute the tax payer payed out their debt.
    You could have added that after getting their snouts right back into the trough they said that they would not bail out the tax payer at all, that the tax payer ought to take a good plate of austerity to teach them not to over spend instead of being helped.
    In the fairy tale of the goose girl, the king asked the treacherous maid how she would pay out someone who behaves, and he tells her a story of someone who behaves like she has just behaved and she says she would put them in a barrel of spikes and have them dragged through the town by horses and the king said that that shall be her punishment. The banks put the people in a barrel of moral spikes and dragged them round the town and it was the banks greed for loans to swell the bond market that lead those people into trouble. The bankers should be the ones in the austerity barrel full of spikes of moral diasaprobation and solvency worries that they say, with so much moral righteouseness, that the people on main street should suffer from.

I knew the highest paid man in England in my teens and according to my mother that high pay was some thirty or fifty odd thousand pounds a year, I cant remember exactly how much, and there were no signs of his getting millionaire bonuses though he was well enough off with his wage and I suppose reasonable bonuses. The millionaires in England then were all people with some reallly good industry, not the people like bankers who get a wage. I imagine that the new era in which rich bankers decided to tip themselves millionaire bonuses is one of the reasons for the crisis. In this new era the banks are no longer building up stocks of money for their banks that would serve to back up the risks they took. They have defunded their businesses to fund themselves. They have turned into bad business men, though they say they should have high wages because they are the best they are in fact the worst.
    I know someone in banking and he described his boss as a magician of finances, he did not understand, at least then, how his boss earned what he did but if you read books like "The Big Short" of Michel Lewis about what was going on in the financial system, it becomes clear that these incredible business men were not so much geniuses as people who found it hard to explain what they were doing because of the doubtfull nature of their maneouvres.
    In one of Bill Mahers shows, i find it hard to find out which one and it seems to me that the shows shown each week here run a a good bit behind those in America, in a show of two or three weeks ago here in Spain, a guest voluntared to be the voice of the OWS and he gave a very good list of their complaints i have been trying to ifnd it to tak of it. rose macaskie madrid.

November 10, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. CGR

THE MOST interesting interview – a great man General Powell -

November 11, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Gregory

I enjoyed the interview, and I like Colin Powell, however I take exception to General Powell's remark about the large bonuses. He said with great risk comes great reward, implying the bonuses are deserved. It is the American taxpayers who took the risk, because we had to foot the bill for the bailouts. Since we are the underwrites of the risk, shouldn't we benefit from the rewards?

November 11, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Blanca

find calorie/fitness ccltulaaor on the net, enter all your stats and it will tell you how many calories you need a day to maintain, take off 300-400cal off that number and thats how much you need to lose.eat 5-6 small meals a day (eat every 2-3 hours)5-8 servings of fruit and veggies a day8 glasses of waterhave complex carbs for breakfast they give you energyhave lean meat (protein) for dinner repairs musclecardio exercise 4-6 times a week for 30-50min, light weight trainingdont consume foods that are made of white flour (white bread, cakes, past etc.), sugar loaded foods (cookies, icecream, candy etc) and nothing fried, oily.ofcourse you can spoil yourself once in a while with a little treat:)

September 10, 2012 at 12:20 am | Report abuse | Reply