READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For November 10, 2011 – Penn State students turn raucous after Joe Paterno and university president lose jobs, earthquake kills at least 7 in eastern Turkey...
• Penn State students take to streets after Paterno, president lose jobs: "Hundreds spilled into the streets of Penn State early Thursday after news that legendary coach Joe Paterno and the school's president were ousted over a child sex abuse scandal at the university. What started as an apparent celebration of Paterno turned raucous, as the crowd tipped over a news van and decried the media."
• Earthquake kills at least 7 in eastern Turkey: "Rescue crews worked to reach dozens trapped beneath the rubble Thursday after a strong earthquake rocked eastern Turkey, killing at least seven people, officials said. More than 100 people are buried under the debris following the magnitude-5.7 earthquake that struck Wednesday night . Government officials said 25 people have been rescued."
• New prime minister named in Greece: "Lucas Papademos, a former banker and European Central Bank vice president, has been named prime minister of Greece, the Greek president's office said Thursday."
• Few clashes in GOP debate as Herman Cain fends of allegations, Rick Perry stumbles: "The night was not marked by the kind sharp clashes between the candidates that played out in previous debates. Instead, the focus remained largely on financial matters as the candidates issued familiar promises to reduce the size of government, reform entitlements and roll back taxes and regulations. But one major candidate managed to inflict a serious and perhaps fatal wound to his presidential hopes - and without help from his rivals."
• Nancy Grace loses 25 pounds on Dancing with the Stars: "Nancy Grace experienced the highs (a dazzling foxtrot) and lows (a disappointing devilish tango) of Dancing with the Stars. But after a respectable run, the HLN host was sent home on Tuesday. Though she may not have a disco-ball trophy she does have something to show for her efforts: a slimmer figure."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
When extreme specific allegations of child abuse are brought, there is an easy way and a hard way to deal with them. The easy way is to pick up the phone and call the police in. This is what the hard way looks like.
hello Piers..and even i don't send comment i see allmost your show. not everynight...but RE i saw..why you left the USGT SHOW? ok nevermind you very good in cnn and you have sucsses in PMTONIGHT. with me everything is ok .not perfect but ok..i hop for you is everything well ..thank you.
Pope John Paterno looking the other way while his priests diddle the kids.
I agree with you regarding penn state situation, The root of evil is shows like JERRY SPRINGER SHOW. first you need to fight to stop this kind of shows. Society will be lot more better without this kind of shows otherwise when children back from school ealry afternoon and they think , this kind of behavior is normal.
It is sad to say and to think of such, but I think it is in the best interest of the University, our young children and the future Penn State students.
When one is given the Power and the Authority to rule and control the World and the Masses, Vulnerability should not be a solution to one weakness, rather it should be use in the utmost “right way” and “channel” properly so that our World can continue to be a better place for our children and future generation (Matthew 19:14 Suffer Not The Little Children…). One should never stop fighting until justice is serve, were there seems to be an in justice.
No way am I making escuxes for paterno; just trying to explore the Why of all this. Why did Paterno fail to do the right thing? Why did they all fail? Because their allegiance was to protecting the football program, which had grown bloated and out of control. But there has to be more. these are people who have lost sight of right and wrong and the question is why. All I am saying is that part of the answer is that the world had passed them by. these are people who do nothing but eat, sleep and drink football. They do nothing else. They are protected from real life completely. So a guy like paterno is completely unaware of the world that has changed around him since the 1950s. That's not an excuse for his failure. But it does begin to explain a tiny bit of the the why. if you are a sports fan as I am, you know that there is a major difference between joe paterno and some of the more awful people in college sports. Bud Wilkinson, Darrel Royal, Bear Bryant now those were bad guys. And some of these criminals coaching big fime basketball today. They are a whole different universe than paterno. Read Meat on the Hoof for a real view of what college football was like at Texas in the 50s and 60s. It will turn your stomach.
I am sorry but Piers Morgan is a TOOL, it clear he is trying so hard to be investigative, important and the like. It is so PAINFUL to watch….I enjoy CNN but I just CANNOT STAND this TOOL! PLEASE CNN, bring back the LEGEND or put someone else in the chair, I just cannot take it ANYMORE! PLEASE, PLEASE, give us someone with a personality, watching him is like watching grass grow.
I really trust other vitsiors find your blog post listed here as handy as I have. I operate a blog personally and would be pleased for you or the vitsiors on your own site to visit. Please go ahead and search through my website just like I have with your own and leave a comment or two if you find anything interesting. Thank you.
I'm not certain the place you are getting your information, however good topic. I needs to spend a while finding out much more or understanding more. Thank you for magnificent information I used to be in search of this information for my mission.
Notify me of new comments via email.