Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For November 18, 2011 – Syracuse University men’s basketball coach under investigation for inappropriate touching, Congress avoids another shutdown threat...
• Syracuse puts associate basketball coach on leave amid police probe: "Syracuse University placed associate men's basketball coach Bernie Fine on administrative leave Thursday over an inappropriate contact allegation made by a man in 2005. Police said they had reopened an investigation into allegations of inappropriate touching, which allegedly occurred years before the allegation was made."
• Congress passes continuing resolution, avoids another shutdown threat: "Congress passed a temporary spending measure on Thursday that will keep the federal government funded and open for business until December 16. The continuing resolution was necessary because the federal government is set to run out of money by midnight Friday. The House passed the measure by a vote of 298-121 Thursday afternoon, and the Senate followed suit Thursday evening, passing the measure 70-30."
• Occupy 'day of action' simmers down: “New York city authorities ”don't expect delays on subways, buses and tunnels Friday, a day after Occupy Wall Street demonstrators converged on New York City to mark a nationwide "mass day of action." No incidents and additional arrests were reported overnight, authorities said. Scores arrested Thursday and several police officers were reported injured as protesters fanned out across the city moved toward Foley Square in Lower Manhattan and the Brooklyn Bridge.”
• Secret Service to protect Herman Cain: "Presidential candidate Herman Cain will receive protection from the United States Secret Service, the agency confirms to CNN. Cain will be the first candidate in the race for the Republican presidential nomination in the 2012 election cycle to be placed under the protection of this federal law enforcement agency. It is not yet clear why Cain is getting Secret Service protection.”
• Demi Moore says she is divorcing Kutcher: "Actress Demi Moore said Thursday she plans to divorce Ashton Kutcher. "It is with great sadness and a heavy heart that I have decided to end my six-year marriage to Ashton," Moore, 49, said in a statement."