Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

December 1st, 2011

Nikki Sixx on overcoming heroin addiction: 'I didn't want to throw the band away for that'

The legendary rock band Motley Crue are guests on "Piers Morgan Tonight" tomorrow, 9pmET/PT for the hour. Tommy Lee, Vince Neil, Nikki Sixx, Mick Mars open up about women, addiction and more. "For me, it just quit working, and it started to go the other way," Sixx told Piers Morgan about kicking his heroin addiction. "It wasn't fun anymore."

Said Sixx: "I didn't have a family then, the band was the only family I had. I didn't want to throw the band away, the music away for that, it wasn't worth it." Watch tonight at the end of the show at 9pmET/PT for a special announcement from the band.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. charlene

I am so proud of Nikki

December 1, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Michelle

They all have an amazing story....Nikki is such an amazing guy all around

December 1, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Joel

No one partied like the crue! I read their biography and was amazed they are still alive and rockin'!

December 1, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Tom

I agree with you Joel
      . Unbelievable ..

December 1, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Brion

Joel " The Dirt" was the best book I ever read! Righn on!

December 1, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Tracey Bewley

*Congrats To Ya Nikki Sixx!Admire you For All Youve done and Accomplished!!! YOU TRULY ROCK!

December 1, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. pete

Next to Kiss best glam rock band ever .I wil continue to see them .They are as tight musically as they have ever been

December 1, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Jesi

So impressed with the whole band and with Piers Morgan for covering such an inspiring topic.

December 1, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. BobDeal

What about Mick?

December 1, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • SixxFanMT

Mick, is that you?!

December 1, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Brion

Sixx fan I was thinking the same thing. Being Deal is his real name.

December 1, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brion

Robert Allan Deal was his real name, Deal.

December 1, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Angela Cain

hahaha Bob Deal is Mick !!!! =) Question is .... is this Mick asking lol ???

December 2, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. SixxFanMT

Best band, best stories, best live show I've ever seen. STILL rocking. Can't wait to watch. \m/

December 1, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Brion

Crue is the best band on the planet. Long live the Crue!

December 1, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Manda Hilton

I can't wait to see Mötley Crüe! They're my favorite band in the whole world! Even though i'm just a high school student, the Crüe has influenced me so much! They're the reason I love music as much as I do! Because of Nikki Sixx, Im a bass player. He's such an inspiring and influential person!Mötley Crüe is just truly AMAZING!

December 1, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Marcus Lee Sixx

I Agree with you 100%! The Crüe are the best! Nikki inspired me 2 to play bass too!

December 1, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. ashleigh

I can't wait to watch this!! I'm only 22 but I've listened to these guys since I was 2. I thank my Dad everyday for showing me such awesome music/bands. Also to add to all of the comments on The Dirt, one of the best books ever!!!

December 1, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. cruehead4life

crueheads are the best, f@#k the rest. i wish i was in los angeles with crue back in the day, just like ya, crue inspired me to pick up an instrument, but sixx inspired me to play bass, there music and lyrics have lead me to create my own creative style with song writing and music, SAINTS OF LOS ANGELES.

December 1, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Arif

The first effect is done by how a pseorn looks. Attractive plus healthy and balanced skin color is the most important component of an incredible appearance which is step one throughout looking wonderful. Figure out how to maintain your epidermis along with assist skin time with dignity with these natural skin care suggestions. You should bear in mind, keeping younger dermis is much easier than attempting to mend pores and skin that was taken advantage of for years.

March 2, 2012 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Kiss Throw

Thank u ......

Your blog is very nice & informative...

kiss trow

December 2, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. michael holburn

my wife and I attended the 15th annual Skylar Neill golf tournament and i was amazed (speechless really) at how Vince Neill wasnt drinking before the event, STILL a huge fan of the band and all the things i have read and witnessed about the CRUE I thought he would be three sheets to the wind for a golf tournament, but it was to the contrary and that made meeting this Legendary front man of the best band in the world an even more amazing time! thank you Vince ! I hope to play at the 16th tournament and i want to encourage the rest of the band to join and support the cause so i can get the other three autographs for my DIRT bible!

December 2, 2011 at 1:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Allister Fiend

Long Live the Crue!

December 2, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. STEELMAN1691

MÖTLEY CRÜE IS SIMPLY AMAZING.......THEY MAY NOT BE THE BEST MUSICIANS BUT THEY ROCK, I HAD A BLAST THE LAST TIME I SAW THEM.

December 2, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. john

You make me sick how can you have this on your show then set there and don't try this at home. Go back to your dumb county of Jolly ol England. perhaps maybe taking time during the Christmas season and talk about the fact No one once to talk about God or that children here in the US are starving tonight because of the big 1%. But i feel talking about addicts is something to be left on shows like idiot from the waste land. or is that your new show?

December 2, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. idotraumasRN

I live to find new interviews and info about the CRUE. I have seen the band a total of 6 times! And I will pay to see them every time they are in NC or SC. Nothing I would like more than to sit down with each of the guys and discover their passions of life. I have to say though Mick rarely has much to say; I'll bet on a personal level, he is as deep as the ocean. I love Nikki's art; no need to say anything more. I love Tommy's spirited way of loving life. Vince is intriguing to say the least. I am thankful for the books that let us in on their lives as the top rocking band of the 80's. How they made it through is by the grace of God (MOO=My Own Opinion) because their stories will no doubt save some soul from the heartaches and struggles they endured! Love you guys sincerely!!!

January 7, 2012 at 8:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Ereny

There's a lot of stories about heiorn.. but that doesn't sound like what you're looking for. I don't know of many that were addicted to sedatives hypnotics, since those aren't really ones that you hear about. Usually you only hear about their drinking problem or coke addiction. The only one that I can really think of is Michael Jackson. He was supposedly addicted to sleeping pills including lorazepam. This drug my mom use to take and is a powerful hypnotic and sedative. I've taken them too and trust me, they will make you very sedated. Maybe try researching about him and his drug use.Good luck

March 3, 2012 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Sunny

vickijeanna on September 4, 2011 I loved aedring her story of how her business developed. Her products look absolutely amazing and I love that they are eco-friendly and hand-sewn.

March 4, 2012 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply