Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

December 6th, 2011

Michael Moore on Gingrich: "Whatever cred he might have had...has been completely tossed out the window"

Filmmaker and author Michael Moore is a guest on "Piers Morgan Tonight" for the hour, and talks about the 2012 GOP race, the Occupy movement and, yes, how many times he's been properly in love. "He's a smart guy," he tells Piers Morgan about Newt Gingrich. But: "Whatever cred he might have had with intelligent Republicans has been completely tossed out the window."

Of Mitt Romney: "The guy that works every morning on looking like he's going to be the fifth head on Mount Rushmore."

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Free media

Why are people who public threatened to kill Michel Moore in the media not arrested or fired of pay hefty fines for there conduct? Did Anchor Rick Sanchez threatened to kill any one when he was fired? Did Helen Thomas threatened to kill any one when she was fired? She as I remember just made a strong statement that others before and after have all made ? Why is it a crime for one group of people and not the other? Was Rick Sanchez working for Fox news at the time? We need to wake up for the sake of our grandchildren. Why is it so difficult being honest really?

December 6, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Nina Fox

"Why are people who public threatened to kill Michel Moore in the media not arrested or fired of pay hefty fines for there conduct?"

Excellent question!

December 6, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Harpreet Singh

I just love your show. Well done Piers! God Bless you. Harpreet

December 6, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Chris

i feel both piers and michael made valid points -in my opinion – i agree with michael that we should go after the BIG offenders first. but, i mostly agree with piers. i feel it is the MAJORITY of americans who are spending beyond their means. i am not wealthy by any means, but.... i owe NO ONE (other than a mortgage). all my life, i have always paid my bills and never spent beyond my means. i am sick of everyone i know having debt problems. they ALL have charged more than they can afford. i have never charged anything that i couldn't pay off in full. if i couldn't pay it off – guess what...i didn't buy it. i worked as a financial specialist for many years – helping people to budget and get out of debt. the bottom line in the thousands of cases i worked on – they spent beyond their means. i understand when someone unexpectedly looses a job it can put them in a backward spiral that seems endless. but i feel most americans are still living beyond their means. cable tv is not a need it is a want. if you have cable tv and are behind on car payments what is wrong with that picture? i volunteered in haiti after the earthquake and saw people that were in real need and had real life threatening problems due to real poverty! i don't have a lot of sympathy for americans. i actually have had fleeting thoughts of why the heck do i bother to pay all my bills and avoid debt – i think why don't i just go bankrupt and let my debt add to this economic problem like so many others have or are thinking about doing – it seems the MAJORITY does not care to help the situation themselves. it seems americans rather sit on thier ass and occupy somewhere and blame this thing on the rich and/or the government. to me, the majority of americans are just a bunch of over spoiled people who can't live without a phone or tv or some other pointless possession. those that don’t work, feel that social security is not enough to live on or welfare or unemployment doesn't cover their needs. TRULY – the thing is the majority of americans don't realize the difference between actual needs and their selfish wants. i also feel that if americans wanted to be rich – they could be. the opportunity is there. one time i let a homeless guy live with me to help get him on his feet and you know what....i feel he was homeless for a reason – why? because he was lazy! i offered my lawn mower and suggested he go around the neighborhood and see if anyone needed their lawn mowed. also there was a storm and trees down everywhere. i offered my chainsaw i saw opportunity everywhere for him! BUT he was too lazy to do anything. or just didn't try to find the opportunities that are all around this great country. i was in the navy for 20 gruling years and it is very frustrating to me how my fellow americans have been acting with their finances over the years. ask yourself how can YOU help. believe it or not opportunities are all around for YOU to help with this – don’t be lazy! AND please don’t give up! I stated that I had fleeting thoughts of why do I bother keeping my great credit and avoiding debt – but really… i never give up! And by doing so, i am doing MY part to help my country. belive it or not – EACH debt case i worked on as a financial couselor, had one common thread. every one of my clients chose to AVOID the problem .
      by virtue of my job – i made them face the debt problems. and when they did actually face it……. they realized it really truly wasn’t beyond control.

December 7, 2011 at 5:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Chris

and to add......believe it or not, gifts on christmas is not a need! (it is just over commercialized BS!)

December 7, 2011 at 5:18 am | Report abuse |
      • A stephens

I really wish Piers would stop interrupting Michael. I wanted to hear what Michael had to say and not hear Piers go on and on about overspending. Some people have money and they spend it., Many more do not have money in this day of shipping jobs abroad. I agree with you Chris and with PatW. If we keep the uncaring Republicans in the middle class will disappear

December 8, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Chris J

I respect Michael Moore's right to express his views, and probably agree with many of them. But in advance of this interview, I am betting that that tabloid-head and hack Morgan will NOT interrupt Mr Moore at all. Morgan's bias (and CNN's) will show through again.

December 6, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lora

Chris I agree with you as Piers Morgan obviously is part and parcel to the 1%; he is showing his ugly head.

December 6, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Chris J

I did make a bit of a mistake in my prediction. Apparently Morgan doesn't agree with Moore on everything therefore he is continuing his rudeness by interrupting. But then, Moore is doing the same... It is the battle of a pair that loves to hear themselves speak.

December 6, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
      • sandy

Listened to the interview with Moore. Am convinced all of these media people on each side are just into making money. I don't understand how moore could be for Obama when Obama is Wall Streets man. Wall Street helped elect him the last election and he's raised more money from them again this time. It's kinda of ridiculous that probably most of the wall street occupiers are Obama voters and Obama is Wall Streets man? You hear Moore speaking out of two sides of his mouth...yes I want to ask Obama how he can justify taking their money but on the other hand he still defends him. OIY...TV media and Hollywood liberals want socialism/marxism/communism so badly that they're willing to elect the devil if he'll give them what they want. Many of these people are in the 1%. Gee they'd also have to be equal to everyone else and have very little. I wonder if they realizethat? I'd like to send them to Russia or Ukraine for about 6 mo. so they could experience what it's like to live in that system. I know they think they'd do much better. Have they heard that absolute power corrupts and power corrupts absolutely? To be sure Capitalism is legalized corruption but at least we can say what we want to without being prosecuted by the Government. Not yet anyway. However, with the rush for PC speech by liberals that would come. Until every media and hollywood liberal starts paying equal wages to their own employees they need to shut their mouths about taxes. Yes the rich should pay more in taxes, but The middle-class knows the rich will never pay more in taxes but we can be sure that those in the middle-class who make a decent living will pay more in taxes. They don't have the lawyers and tax shelters the rich do.

December 6, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Nancy

We need to hear more from the CNN truth squad before we go starting another war based on lies killing our service men and women in uniform and innocent people.

December 6, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. cmds

NOT ALL OF US WENT OUT ON BLACK FRIDAY. I AM UNEMPLOYED MY HUSBAND IS ABOUT TO LOOSE HIS JOB NO FOOD IN THE FRIDGE AND 10 BUCKS IN THE BACK. THE PEOPLE WHO DID BLK FRI ARE FOOLS WHO THINK THEY HAVE AND SOME MAY DO.

December 6, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lora

Dear cmds,

I lost my job over two years ago due to a corporate buy out; the small business that I worked for had been established for over thirty five years; I ask Piers Morgan if he can live on 800 dollars per month from social security and try to pay rent, utilities, food and gas out of that.

December 6, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. CMDS

I MISSED SPELLED DAMN FINGERS 10 BUCKS IN THE BANK

December 6, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Linda lucas

Pier is off the mark here on how Americans see the economy. Moor e is right on.

December 6, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Dre

Mr. Morgan,

You are losing you're edge. You are being too opinionated and cutting people off if they disagree with you.

Straighten Up or You've lost me!!!

December 6, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Richard Ring

Piers was awful,could not wait to drive home HIS points. Think someone spoke to him,second segment a bit better. I awnted MM,got frequent interruptions and really ticked off by PM. Sad.

December 6, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. amy

piers – would be great if you would let Michael answer the questions you are posing.
    its commercial break now... hopefully we can hear a full response after the break. thanks

December 6, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Antonio

I totally agree

December 6, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mike in California

Amy, are you kidding me? Michael wouldn't answer any questions except to pontificate his own retoric. He says the same thing over and over again, and his stats are way off. That said, even though I'm a republican, there are some major issues that I believe both parties are missing, as are the 99% / occupy group. Our economy is driven by the consumer. The consumer is responsible for buying houses, buying cars, buying consumer goods, buying groceries, etc. If we take away the needs (food, some type of housing) and look at the wants (cars, TVs, iPods, iPads, laptops, nice clothes, etc), the consumer has more power than anyone else, but, we need to be united. The issue facing the US is all about the deterioration of the middle class. That's due to outsourcing, manufacturing going overseas, etc. If we, as consumers, tell Apple, Dell, oh wait no more US TV manufacturer, but tell all BestBuy, etc., that we will not buy one more of their products unless they are manufactured or assembled in the US, their sales will drop and they will be forced to listen to us. As long as we buy iPads, TVs, Cars, etc., that are built overseas, and as long as we call a company and the phone is answered by someone overseas and we refuse to do business with the, NOTHING WILL CHANGE. CONSUMERS, RISE UP AND TAKE CHARGE. DON'T BUY ANYTHING THAT ISN'T US SUPPORTED!!!

December 6, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • sandy

Mike...you are right on!!!!! If you want to look at the enemy look at yourself. I don't get all these shoppers who don't understand what's in their best interest. They buy the cheapest thing on the market it breaks they throw it away and buy again. demand quality and demand american. We're filling up garbage dumps all over the world. Think of the small businesses that would be created just in the repairs business like it used to be....business would straighten up immediately.

December 6, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Antonio

Why did they spend billions during Thanksgiving ? because they advertisers said you could get a 42inch flat screen for $199 and 50-75% off....now let's see how much is returned and how much more spending til Christmas...probably not much I bought a tv because the one I had for 10 years just went my other tv is 20 years old and still kicking

December 6, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Libbell

Antonio (and MM): Apparently a lot of people felt compelled to stock up on $199 42-inch flat screens. Why do you think that is? Seems pretty obvious that they're not going to give them away for xmas. Ebay, anyone? Is Black Friday not seen as an opportunity to stock up on resell items for Ebay/Craigslist/wherever? Can't make $ by actually working these days, after all. The only way to make any serious $ is to buy it 'n' flip it. That's what the housing bubble taught us (shows like "Flip This House," etc). That "flip it" mentality has been extended to anything that can be bought and resold. How much of that is the reason behind the big spending spree on Black Friday?

December 6, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Harold Hill

Piers, I enjoy your enthusiasm in your interviews, but don't interrupt your guests so often! Let them finish their thoughts before jumping in...thanks so much.

HHill

December 6, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Antonio

When is 25% more than 75% Morgan talks as if the bankers have a hand in his pocket

December 6, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Krad

One third of the $ spend on Black Friday was folks replacing house hold items that they could afford to replace without the black friday price cuts.

December 6, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. W Powell

Why does Piers seem to bully his guests? Please give them a chance to answer the question before you interrupt them and answer it yourself. Try listening.

December 6, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. H. James Hulton III

Piers Morgan talks way too much on his show. He does not let his guests speak without interrupting them. Piers Morgan needs to shut up and listen more. I am tired of Piers talking and usurping his guests. It is absolutely ridiculous. Piers is not the entertainer he thinks he is. Period.

December 6, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. P. Gaerlan

About excessive spending in the U.S., spending is often praised and encouraged by pundits, politicians, economists, etc., as good for the economy. It is almost presented as a citizen's duty as a way to keep the economy going. Didn't George Bush tell people after 911 to go out and buy things.

December 6, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Helen Echeverri

Pers, not for anything, I have bought 4 houses in the last 17 years. You made a statment about why people would buy houses they could not afford. A better questions would be, Why would a bank lend money to someone who could never Possibly repay their debt. Like I said, I've bought 4 houses, my last in 2005, my husband and I were told we could qualify for many more hundreds of thousands of dollars than we actually took. Why would someone who never lived in a home, who rented, who never paid taxes, or full utilities understand home ownership

December 6, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Edward Watts

Piers, you have been a millionaire for too long. You are totally clueless, when you make reference to home buyers overextending themselves, implying that it's their own fault. If home buyers overextended themselves, it's because mortgage lenders not only told them that they could afford it, but they gave them the money. Home buyers were also led to believe that they should over extend themselves, as the home's value would rise and years from now, they would not be able to afford even a modest home. How dare you blame the home buyers, when we had lenders, bankers, and everyone else giving them the money, and telling them that their home value would increase or at least remain stable.
    Then you had the rich bankers selling these sub-prime mortgages as being secure. They are the wrong-doers here, not the poor guy just trying to buy a house for his family. Get a clue Piers.

December 6, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. sharon

I AGREE AMY IF YOU ARE GONNA ASK A QUESTION, THEN SHUT-UP AND THE PERSON ANSWER.IF YOU ARE GONNA DO ALL THE TALKING WHY BOTHER HAVING GUESTS. WE WANT TO HEAR WHAT MICHAEL HAVE TO SAY. SO ASK A QUESTION AND SHUT-UP AND LISTEN FOR A CHANGE. MAYBE YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING ALSO. MAYBE THATS NOT THE WAY THEY DO IT IN ENGLAND?

December 6, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Pat Goldberg

Michael was so right on tonight. I was so surprised (maybe not) at Piers. Has he seen Currents Two Americas Its so right on. I suggest he watch it and see what is happening. There is no future for a major portion of X-working Americans today. I am 67. I grew up with a future I would want. My mom and dad both had jobs/ my dad 2. Neither went to college. And they had a future ,, retirement/ social security. Not rich but OK. Same for me and my 2 sisters ,, None of us went to college but had good jobs and a retirement in the future. My brother 10 years younger than me thought he had an OK future too. But he stayed home and worked for the local steel mill... after 25 years they closed and his future was GONE

December 6, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Sig

Do not listen to what Moore is telling you what to do. I work for a bank in the mortgage area and what he is saying in this interview is wrong morally and financially. He is as ignorant about the mortgage industry as is our Federal Government. If you have any issues with your mortgage you should do all you can to work with your bank. Banks are not in the real estate business. We do not won't your home and have no desire to foreclose and try to make money back on what was lost over the course of your mortgage. Stop listening to this radical, because he is wrong and is just trying to ge publicity.

December 6, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. tim

I don't get moore.. Piers is on point- its not only 25pct of americans that made a poor decision to buy to much house! It was all of them that lost their homes! I know as my wife and I were shopping for a house in 2003 and we couldn't buy a house because we were being outbid on everyhome-and only settled in a modest small home for 130k when we had 180k household income! They were all buying big homes and those that shouldn't be qualifies to buy homes were buying- I think its horrible these people expect bailouts from the gov. On the otjer hand the gov shoul be critisized for allowing credit card companies to bury people alive in cc debt- of course if you give a struggling family a 10k cc line they will max it and never pay it off at 30pct. That interest rate should be illegal.

December 6, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Antonio

My house has been paid off 10 years ago...my taxes keep going up every year...the banks got bailed out even the ones who did not need it...you did hear about the secret 16 trillion dollars they received right ? People who bought into the American dream should not be penalized because of predatory lenders....They sold the public on these homes because they get their money on the front end trust me if they got it on the back end they would not have been selling homes to people they more likely than not convinced they could afford and the house is devalued. No one buys a house with intentions of it being foreclosed ...stop being self righteous

December 6, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Helen Echeverri

These bankers and mortgage brokers took advantage of people. Simple as that. I'll be honest, I don't have much sympathy for the house flippers or their ilk. I do feel sorry for people who wanted the American dream and were told that it was in their grasp only to find out that they were sold a false bill of goods. Real estate was considered a safe place to put money, I remember being told years ago that you always would buy higher than you could afford because the home values would increase over time.

December 6, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lora

GO, HELEN, GO! YOU ARE SO VERY RIGHT ON.....THE HOUSING BUBBLE COLLAPSED DUE THE BANKS PUSHING THE REFINANCING OF THEIR HOMES......HOPE YOU VIEWED CAPITALISM, A LOVE STORY, BY MICHAEL.

December 6, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Paul Berkow

I'm watching your interview with Michael Moore. I assume you have him on so people watching your show can listen to his views.
    Please shut your dam mouth and let him talk for at least 4 minutes at a time. He has more important things to say than you on the subject you are talking about. All you do is want to hear yourself talk.
    LEARN TO LISTEN. I can't watch your show as long as you interrupt your guest as much as you do.

December 6, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Marielle

I am watching the interview with Michael Moore. I totally respect Michael Moore's ideas. I love his work. However Piers Morgan is doing a horrible job. He keeps interrupting; he does not know what on earth he is talking about. He obviously has not done his research. And he will not let Michael speak. Fire Piers Morgan. CNN you have to act. You will continue to lose your regular listeners.

December 6, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. kikki K

STOP INTERRUPTING! Mr. Morgan. Please Let Michael Moore finish his sentences.

December 6, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Don

Why do you or anyone else pay the slightest bit of attention to this buffoon? He is one of the biggest idiots in the country and you dopes pay attention to what he says!!! Good lord, people, don't ever have him on the network again-EVER!!!! I did not watch tonight just because he was on and spouting his anti-American drivel. I do wish someone would shoot him and get it over with.

December 6, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. tim

It cracked me up when moore said "well that poor family doesn't know if they will have jobs next year, so they go out and buy that ipad to make themselves feel better gor the day"...really? Well that's not how it wrks-
    Also inflation and taxes are so bad a dolloar hardly goes anywhere anymore, this country is choking everyone out-u have to live like a pauper to save any income. Our PA property taxes are like 8000 and up , its rediculous-well not our home but most normal homes- we live in a small ranch and have a householdincome of over 100k a year!

December 6, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Joanna

Banks allowed people with a 5-figure income to buy a home for $800,000 with little or no money down. Before repeal of Glass Steagall, (1999) banks gave mortgages based on a debt/income ratio and demanded a substantial down-payment. After Glass Steagall banks were allowed to orchestrate a shell game of mortgages based on nothing more than a prospect with a pulse.

December 6, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. Richard G.

OK Michael-why don't the banks lower the mortgage payment when the value falls? Well, why didn't the banks raise the mortgage when the value went up in the early 2000's. The answer is obvious-mortgages are not casinos
    and the value of the asset rises and falls with the market forces just like they always have! For most of the 20th century, values rose, but the mortgage agreement didn't change. Are you kidding? Where are the obvious questions?

December 6, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Kevin

Moore thinks homeowners should only have to pay what a home is worth today. They can... it's called renting! The problem is when buyers don't have the money to purchase and they have to borrow it. If I loaned someone $200K, I would want it ALL paid back, plus interest. Whether the loan was offered by a bank or my grandmother is irrelevant. If you borrow it, you pay it back. I'm upside down in three rental houses. I would love a do-over as much as the next guy, but who should have to pay for it? Probably me.... right?

December 6, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Ed

Great Michael Moore show.

December 6, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. tim

Edward watts- seriously? So you were one of the bunch that went to a builder or got a loan for upto 300k and took ot bc yóu were approved without crunching the numbers to see if it was in yóur budget?
    Haha! When the builder told me that I asked "how can we be approved for so much!!? He was a decent guy and said its not me paying it its you, you need to know u can afford it- so I don't feel sorry for these foreclosures because they just wanyted to keep up with the jones'

December 6, 2011 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Edward Watts

Hi Tim, I was not. But I have great compassion for people I see all over my city, and surrounding towns who have lost their homes. Now these homes are vacant, bank owned, deserted. Instead of the banks trying to work with them in loan modifications, they simply foreclosed, and now in many cases the banks own vandalized homes, that are worth even less. Many of these good honest hard working people were simply trying to buy a home for their family to live in, not trying to 'keep up with the Jones'". They were told in many cases by predatory lenders, that they could, and should afford it.

December 6, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Christi

Michael Moore's assertion that it's just about criminal for banks to hold people responsible for paying the original value of a house when they purchased it is completely idiotic on so many levels. Everyone knows the housing market fluctuates. A house might not be worth as much now as it was before the economy crashed, but that is a risk people take when purchasing a home. I'm sure nobody would be complaining if the opposite situation were true. If those same people took out a 200,000 mortgage on a house and the house gained in value, I'm sure they wouldn't be crying for an increase in their mortgage because their house is now more expensive. You took a risk. You lost. Don't expect a bailout. And honestly, you don't lose any money unless you sell the house. Ten years from now those houses which are underwater might have regained their original value.

December 6, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  34. FSTEDDIE

MIKE MOORE is #1 in my book. He's trying to wake up working people that think Republicans are on their side.
    I'm in Ohio we just had a Republican Govenor try to turn this state into a right to work state.
    You da MAN MIKE!!!!!

December 6, 2011 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. angela

Thank you Michael for sticking up for the 99% !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are of the 1% that earned your money without
    big corporate scandels!!!!! and help us to see the flip side of what really goes on behind BIG BUSINESS AND POLITICAL GREED IN THIS COUNTRY!!!!!!!!! GO OCCUPY WALL STREET!!!!!!!!!!!!! MICHAEL YOU DID AWESOME ON PIERS MORGAN!!!!!!!!!!

December 6, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Nina Fox

Thank You Michael Moore for your dedication to the American People even when your life has been threatened, and receiving horrid treatment from others! The world is a much better place with you in it! You are the “man” of the hour! Loved your book! Stay Safe as it would be a terrible loss if anything ever happened to you.

December 6, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Marjorie

After saving diligently for 25 years I retired with more than a million in investments and a level of debt I could easily pay with the income I drew from them. Suddenly, through no fault of my own, my investments are less than half resulting in a commensurate reduction in my income. Now my debt level is very hard to manage. So, are you saying it's MY fault for getting in over my head? I think not! I played by the rules for my entire adult life, made a plan and followed it. Now we have different rules and I, and others like me, are told to "deal with it" and stop spending beyond our means. You are way off track with that line of thinking.

December 6, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • scon

I hear you. I am in the same boat you are, except it took me 50 years to get the now nonexistent million. I am much to old to recoup it. God Bless America as it once was.

December 6, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  38. tim

Pepiers is right on point- moore is totally ignoring the majority of people caused this-
    All the disgruntled people that are losing your homes- you over extended on credit cards, you took out home lines of credit and went on vacations and bought cars-
    That's why you are foreclosing – stop expecting th gov to pay off your house.

December 6, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. KA Vaughn

Piers Morgan, you are wrong on many issues. 1. This year more shopping was done with cash or debit card. 2. Most people can't keep up house payments not because they took on more than they could pay, they took on what they could when they had a job. 3. You have a language issue, when the President says we all have to share the hardships of the recovery, Americans in the middle and lower class take that on board and tighten their belts. One of the reason the recover has been so slow is due to more middle class people saving, than spending. (you can check this data) the 1% are spending wildly and avoiding taxes. 4. Responsible people who are using credit generally are doing so while they are looking for a job or a full time job. 5. Tell Newt – the 1% are using roads they didn't pay for, hiring (some) people who were trained in public schools, they expect fire dept (they don't pay for) to take care of them in case of fire etc.
    6. Americans are not playing victims, they are just asking to be allowed to play the game.

December 6, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Diana

Mr Moore- for telling the "fat cats" what is really happening in America !!

December 6, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Diana

I thank you !!

December 6, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Mukesh

Dear Mr Piers Morgan,

Can you dare to call the anchor of RT channel, Tom Hartman and Max Keisar to your show?

Mukesh
    India.

December 6, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. SHARON

TOMORROW I WANT TO SEE IF ITS GOING TO BE ALL PIERS WITH TRUMP, OR IS THEIR GONNA BE A LOT OF ASS KISSING GOING ON AS USUAL WHEN THERE REPUBLICANS AT THE TABLE . WAKE UP AMERICA!

December 6, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. Marielle

The program has ended. However, I believe Michael did not have a fair opportunity to express his views completely. As a result as a viewer I feel cheated. I do not want to hear Piers Morgan's views. Repeat this program without Piers Morgan or bring on Larry King. I was a faithful viewer for all those years.

December 6, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Jack

I sure hope that Piers will not be kissing Trumps Ring just like the other show hosts.

December 6, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Terry

CNN what is happening to you? Why would you allow Pierce to be rude to your guest like that? Mr. Moore was not allowed to finish his answers. Mr. Moore Came across as being threatening to Pierce. I, and apparently not the only one, noticed the anger Michael was bringing out of Pierce. Not GOOD, and yes, I would rather have had King in that seat! And Anderson, I am somewhat disappointed in you. This ridiculist segment sometimes doesn't come across like you want it to and ends up making YOU look like a bully. Consider something else, like John Quinones's "what would you do". His show teaches, entertains, and makes one think and consider the things that are important to all of us. I just don't find myself wanting to watch CNN anymore.

December 6, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  47. scon

Not only does Piers Morgan talk too much, he seems to be unaware of England's WWII history. Without America's entry into the European theater, it is unlikely England would exist today. According to Morgan, England pulled itself out of the post war period independently – without help from America. England is only one of the countries that America and it's citizens helped rebuild after WWII and we are still at it today. Morgan should be sent to school to learn history and remove some of his arrogance. In addition, who in the hell has ever helped America. We extend a hand in friendship and so often it is bitten off by the recipient of the help. There is nothing we need more than an Englishman critiquing American and it's citizens. ENOUGH!!!

December 6, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Glenda Militano

Peirce I am the 75% that Michael was talking about. A teacher in Florida that makes 36,000 a year. Homeowner paying on a mortgage worth at the time bought $175,000 and now is worth only 90,000. My mortgage is 1400 a month and I cannot afford it so it is in forclosure now. I am still living in the house and have not paid the mortgage in over a year. I feel really bad and have called the bank numerous times to get them ot do a loan modification based on what the home is worth today and they refuse to work with me. The were willing to take $200 off, but that means my mortgage is still $1200 a month. When I bought the house my mortgage was only $1000. I bring home only $2400 a month and putting my daughter through college on a single income. No more childsupport just me. I want to do the right thing, but feel helpless. I never thought I would be in this situation it's aweful!!! I'm an educated school teacher who has put two children through college and now a third one and will eventually lose my house I've been in for almost 6 years. I know I'm not the only one!! The banks should pay for this!! If I didn't have to work I would be apart of occupy wallstreet!!

December 6, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  49. Maggie

Mr. Morgan kept talking over and interrupting Mr. Moore. The first 15 minutes of the show was awful just because of that. I would suggest Mr. Morgan take some lessons from Larry King who knew how to bring out the most interesting stories from guests. When the show is over, I want to have a sense of who the guest is and what he or she is all about. I don't care what the host believes or thinks. I wanted to hear more of Mr. Moore's ideas about Occupy Wall Street, the Republican candidates, the economy, and the healthcare system . I only needed Mr. Morgan to facilitate that and not try to argue his own points.

December 6, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • scon

My thoughts exactly. Larry King listened to his guests and because of that asked excellent questions.. Piers Morgan talks and seldom, if ever, listens – an irritating and boring program.

December 6, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  50. leda sim

I LIKE PIERS MORGAN AND HIS STYLE. HE IS A PROFESSIONNEL AND DO NOT LET ANYBODY INTIMATE HIM BECAUSE OF HIS ACCENT. I LOVED HIS RESPONSE TO AL ROCKER ABOUT THAT HE SHOULD TALK LIKE AMERICAN PEOPLE AND HE SAID ; i am not hired to be an American ; good job Piers

December 7, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  51. listener

Piers you need to talk less and not take over the whole show! We are not here to listen to you talk. I want to know what Moore has in mind and what he is doing! Not to have you talk the whole time! Getting sick of your show!

December 7, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  52. Sanity Please

I could only watch less than 60 seconds of the MM interview before I hit off button on remote. Both MM's and PM's views are too extreme for me. Everyone likes to talk about how America is in dire trouble. I see a lot of good, hard working folks every day. I see them on public transit, at shops, walking on the street, in hotels, in doctors' offices.....if we spent as much time talking about what we all have in common and all worked towards common goals we would be much more prosperous. We are the most educated and productive nation on earth. No, we are not perfect. But when we spend time on divisive issues, it drags the populace down and perks up entertainers, like MM and PM. Turn off the TV folks and spend time with your fellow neighbor. Whether you are the CEO of a major corporation or sleeping in a tent protesting Wall Street, I say....lend a helping hand to your neighbor, find common ground, and stop fueling unproductive extreme opinions. We have more in common than entertainers will ever admit to.

December 7, 2011 at 12:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  53. fmoh

Michael Moore rationalizes everything with little facts to back them up. On Piers Morgan he advocates for adjusting mortgage rates based on present value as have many others. Here is how I see it. When the home builder built the home he paid present building materials costs and labor costs at the time of building it and expected a fair profit. Now they are saying that the house is not worth what it was when it was purchased. The building materials costs and labor costs have already been paid so those are fixed costs that go into the value of the house. How is it that someone can now say the house is no longer worth what it was based on the fixed costs that went into building the home originally. It appears that Michael Moore and others assume that their is a guarantee either by the government or the bank that states that the value of a home will always increase and can never decrease for whatever reasons. If someone purchased a home as an investment, then they are taking a risk and should accept that risk. If someone purchased a home to be used as their personal dwelling then that is how they should look at it. There should be no guarantee from our government as to what a home value should be. If that guarantee exists as some people seem to believe it does then the government owes me an adjustment on my car as it depreciated as soon as I drove it off of the lot and I should have the right to go back to the dealership and demand an adjustment on the loan based on present value. As usual, anyone can rationalize any thing. They just cannot rationalize facts.
    How does anyone rationalize that if something is no longer worth what it was when it was purchased and is not fully paid for that an adjustment should be made based on present value.

December 7, 2011 at 3:49 am | Report abuse | Reply
  54. DJ

That is right, Michael Moore.... Where is Larry King? Piers asks excellent questions ( probably written by producer ) but does not allow Michael to answer. It is maddening to watch. I have literally stopped watching Piers because he is so rude. It really is the Piers Morgan show, because it is about what Piers thinks. Who cares?

December 7, 2011 at 7:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  55. elenem

Piers Morgan did not allow Michael Moore to even answer the question about Obama and that makes it clear that he is racist and does not like any praise for obama.AN egg waiting for you the day you land in london again yo disgusting person and the way he isnults the americans and almost saying they should blame themselves for spending into a reccession....dull comments. If people here of 10percent discount in london they almost kill each other and on thanksgiving there were up to 50percent sales and piers doesnt understand people shopping ...how daft

December 7, 2011 at 7:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • sandy

Piers let Moore answer everything. Obama is a bought and paid for man by Wall Street. You should really get yourself educated before you comment. Wall Street bought him the last election and they're doing it again. How can yo call Piers a racist? What proof do you have of that? Stop talking stupid.

December 7, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  56. cristinalaird

piers, I think that you are too opinionated and superficial, you are talking like a true conservative english person, trying to understand the american system. You unconsciously and consciously want the PEOPLE to pay for not only the greed of the banks and big corporations but the absolute arrogance and disconnection with reality of the super millionaire. NOBODY makes that amount of money because of their talents, making that amount of money involves some kind of dishonesty, a lot of luck, like having been born in a well off family, who could send you to Harvard and taught you that making money is the most important thing in the world and an insurmountable ambition which does not care about anybody else well being. You'll NEVER be like Larry KIng, he is absolutely irreplaceable!!!! Go back to school to learn that when you do an interview, your opinion is not important.

December 7, 2011 at 7:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • sandy

Piers did a good interview and asked Moore some tough questions that he couldn't answer. Shouldn't a good interviewer play the devils advocate?. were people bothered that Michael Moore came out looking like he didn't know everything. I used to respect him but, don't anymore. While I agree with lots of what he says. He's now depending too much on the same old rhetoric. Basically, he's not for anyone but himself and making money on liberals.

December 7, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  57. jen s

I am a single mother and a teacher. I've worked hard for the little that I have and I am grateful for it. How insulting to assume that Americans are all greedy and reckless. After a lifetime of being bombarded with images of wealth, I have felt slightly left out of the life that television portrays as "American" such as, Mtv's Sweet 16, Desperate Housewives, Dynasty...the list goes on and on. We have been brainwashed into thinking that we need money and many material things to be an American. I have lived my entire adult life frugally and feeling like I was missing out on the American dream because of this type of media bombardment. I have gone without luxuries that I only get to see the 1% enjoy day after day on television. As a mother, I was sucked into thinking I had to buy a house when banks were selling loans as if they were nothing. I simply thought, "This is what we do in America, and if I want to be a good mother, I need to buy a house for my son” So I did even though I was scared because I did not really understand what I was doing or how I could ever buy anything for such a large amount of money? But, my friends, the bank, television all told me this was what I should do. I do not come from a family of money, nor do I have financial advisors–I simply did what I was told I should do. My house is now under water. I'm stuck paying for a house that is not worth its value. I'm stuck in my home, and am literally paying for nothing. I did not need a down payment (I did not have one) and I have a 30 year mortgage. The six years that I was paying was purely interest and now this will be extended for at least another six. I was trying to be a responsible parent by providing my son a home, thinking I was investing in our future. I was scammed. I do feel ashamed, but I literally did not know any better. In retrospect, of course I see it now. Unfortunately, I am left with a lifelong price to pay for my trust in the banking system. Now we are getting blamed by as being irresponsible and reckless by Morgan and republicans. Get a reality check. We are hardworking Americans trying to do what we can for our families! Call us stupid for trusting the banks, once, I accept this. But, trust me; we have learned not to trust corporate American for raping us blind. As a victim, I have learned

December 7, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • chris

you are not a victim. you are a responsible adult. go to places like Haiti, as i have and then try to type what you did. you are lucky you have a home, electricity, running water...a bathroom, FOOD...i could go on. bottom line....don't feel sorry for you. you stated you are ashamed so you do take responsibility for your ignorance which is good. my house is not worth what i owe either but...i am thankful to have one.

December 8, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  58. Thomas Leach

It is so easy for Michael Moore to trash everyone in America that doesn't share HIS VISION. I am proud of my and my childs contribution to the positive things that keep our country going forward. It is not that we have achieved something and don't give something back. We have however have worked hard and continue to do so. We realize we have alot to show for it but it was not given to us, we earned it. It will continue to be part of the human element that 20% of the people will always do 80% of the work. It also will always be that those 80% will always want what the 20% has earned.

December 7, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • PatW

I agree with Michael more than your view. My parents both worked. My dad had 2 jobs and was in the CostGuard/ then National Guards too. Neither went to collage. Both worked for a future.... health care, retirement. Would never be alot but comfortable. My sister and I did the same thing. All my family did the same thing worked in a job that would bring them retirement and health care. My sister and I did the same. No college for any of us. But decent jobs with retirement, health care, and social security in the future. Nothing that would ever make any of us more than comfortable. My brother 10 years younger worked in the steel mills at home... for 25 years/ then the mills closed in Pa. and all the retirement, heathcare were gone.. and income has never again kept up with the payments on the house. So what happens. Where is the "future" generations worked for. Where are the jobs so many people lost along with their futures ?

December 8, 2011 at 5:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  59. Brandt Hardin

Trump is a windbag and full of hot air… all that fuss and guffaw will drop like his blood pressure after a double-tap shotgun blast to the head. Watch him get his and see if that hair is even real when the guns come out on the Zombie Walk of Fame at http://dregstudiosart.blogspot.com/2011/10/07-countdown-to-halloween-donald-trump.html

December 7, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  60. ErinJax

Someone should make a movie about Michael Moore and Call it "Extremely Loud and Incredibly Gross".

January 17, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply