READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For December 8, 2011 – Sandusky remains in jail after arrest on new charges, Corzine claims he doesn't know where the money is, EU leaders can't afford failure...
• Jerry Sandusky remains in jail after arrest on new charges: “Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky remained in jail early Thursday morning on additional child sex charges involving two more alleged victims, bringing the total to 10. His attorney, Joe Amendola, said his client was unable to post the $250,000 bail before Thursday because he didn't have time to make arrangements ahead of time.”
• Jon Corzine claims, 'I don't know where the money is': "Jon Corzine, the former chief executive officer of the bankrupt broker MF Global, apologized for his firm's failure Thursday and told a House committee that he doesn't know where the missing money went. 'I simply do not know where the money is, or why the accounts have not been reconciled to date,' said Corzine, in prepared testimony to the House Agriculture Committee on Thursday."
• EU leaders told they can't afford failure: "The euro could "explode" and Europe could "unravel," France's minister for European affairs, Jean Leonetti, warned Thursday. That would be a "disaster not only for Europe but for the whole world," Leonetti told the French TV station Canal+ as European leaders gathered in Brussels to try to save the common currency."
• American gets 2.5 years for insulting Thai monarchy: “A Thai criminal court has sentenced a Thai-born American to 2 1/2 years in prison for insulting the monarchy, the latest case involving controversial laws for defaming, insulting or threatening the royal family. Joe W. Gordon, whose Thai name is Lerpong Wichaicommart, cooperated during the investigation of his case and pleaded guilty, resulting in a lenient sentence, his lawyer said.”
• 'MythBusters' cannonball sails through neighborhood: “The Discovery Channel's San Francisco-based series 'MythBusters' caught some California residents by surprise when a cannonball accidentally tore through a neighborhood during filming. The San Francisco Chronicle reports that the television show was taping an experiment Tuesday afternoon at the Alameda County Sheriff's Department bomb disposal range.”
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
An englishman commenting on american sport politics mmmmmmmm yea Does piers really give a hoot? I suspect not
So you are going to have "Hanoi Jane" on tonight. Well as a Vietnam veteran you will not catch me watching your program anymore. She gave support to the North Vietnamese while we were losing thousands of our Soldiers and some of my men, so put a traitor on to get your ratings up. I hope all Vietnam Veterans boycott you and maybe CNN for letting you Have her on.
I am a veteran of the Vietnam War, I have read a lot of Jane Fonda's invovlement with the protest of the Vietnam war, she has publicly said she made some mistakes concerning this part of her life. I found the interview with Piers Morgan absolutely riveting and have forgotten what a remarkable life Jane Fonda has led and continues to lead. Jane Fonda is an incredible woman and at age 74 she looks marvelous. She comes across as a very deep thinking intelligent person and I couldn't help as famous and as great as her father was, Jane Fonda may be even more great in her accomplishments.
NOT LIABILITIES OR DISCRIMINATION, BUT INSTEAD ASSASSINATIONS !!! http://myshortbiography.blogspot.com/ LEARN TRUTH ABOUT EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY COMMISSION, UNITED NATIONS, AMNESTY INTERNATIONAL AS WELL AS NEW WORLD ORDER(MULTICULTURALISM = TERRORISM) GOVERNMENTS !!! NOT THERE TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS, BUT TO DENY YOUR RIGHT TO EXISTENCE !!! 66 YEARS OF GENOCIDE AGAINST WHITES WORLDWIDE IS NO LONGER ACCEPTABLE !!! STOP THE ANIMAL APARTHEID NOW !!!
Notify me of new comments via email.