READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For December 8, 2011 – Sandusky remains in jail after arrest on new charges, Corzine claims he doesn't know where the money is, EU leaders can't afford failure...
• Jerry Sandusky remains in jail after arrest on new charges: “Former Penn State assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky remained in jail early Thursday morning on additional child sex charges involving two more alleged victims, bringing the total to 10. His attorney, Joe Amendola, said his client was unable to post the $250,000 bail before Thursday because he didn't have time to make arrangements ahead of time.”
• Jon Corzine claims, 'I don't know where the money is': "Jon Corzine, the former chief executive officer of the bankrupt broker MF Global, apologized for his firm's failure Thursday and told a House committee that he doesn't know where the missing money went. 'I simply do not know where the money is, or why the accounts have not been reconciled to date,' said Corzine, in prepared testimony to the House Agriculture Committee on Thursday."
• EU leaders told they can't afford failure: "The euro could "explode" and Europe could "unravel," France's minister for European affairs, Jean Leonetti, warned Thursday. That would be a "disaster not only for Europe but for the whole world," Leonetti told the French TV station Canal+ as European leaders gathered in Brussels to try to save the common currency."
• American gets 2.5 years for insulting Thai monarchy: “A Thai criminal court has sentenced a Thai-born American to 2 1/2 years in prison for insulting the monarchy, the latest case involving controversial laws for defaming, insulting or threatening the royal family. Joe W. Gordon, whose Thai name is Lerpong Wichaicommart, cooperated during the investigation of his case and pleaded guilty, resulting in a lenient sentence, his lawyer said.”
• 'MythBusters' cannonball sails through neighborhood: “The Discovery Channel's San Francisco-based series 'MythBusters' caught some California residents by surprise when a cannonball accidentally tore through a neighborhood during filming. The San Francisco Chronicle reports that the television show was taping an experiment Tuesday afternoon at the Alameda County Sheriff's Department bomb disposal range.”