Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

December 27th, 2011

Piers Morgan's greatest hits: Kelsey Grammer on his ex-wife, and his tea party support

All this week CNN is airing some of Piers Morgan's greatest hits – tonight at 9pmET/PT, watch the emotional, surprising hour with Kelsey Grammer (recently nominated for a Golden Globe for his work in "Boss").

Here's a look at what Grammer had to say during the show:

When Morgan asked Grammer whether he is sympathetic to the tea party, the actor answered, "I'm sympathetic to some of the principles, but I'm not sure that the tea party has behavioral problems, other than the ones that can be identified by people who are inimical to them."

The actor pointed out that, like the tea party, he believes "smaller government's a good idea. Always have. I think lower taxes are a good idea. Always have."

Above, watch why Grammer says the "Real Housewives" was a "parting gift" to his ex-wife. Watch the full hour tonight at 9pmET/PT.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Announcements
  1. Zeituna

It is so clear why you were choosen to have your own show over Wolfey Blister! I just listened to his interview with Newt and was amused at how terrified he is to ask any real questions. He actually said to Newt "so that's all you want to say about that?". Cheers to you Piers! I was not a fan at first but I have come to really appreciate how deeply you reflect what is broken in American media. If you can't badger a bit and have the spine to ask direct questions then go happy with Rush and leave the news circus.

December 27, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Deborah

Piers Morgan I love your interviewing technics. AND stop referring to Obama as the first black president. He is not a black man, he is a Mulatto, 1/2 black, 1/2 white. Nothing wrong with that but it is wrong to continue calling him a black man. I guess that's called using the "race card" by you and many others. I will NEVER refer to him as our first black president. What a crock.

December 27, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Carol Parker

I suggest Piers that you allow the guest to finish answering before cutting him/her off and ask another question. Just slow down and then we would enjoy the show more. You ask good questions. It is just that you jump around too much asking questions in rapid fire. .
    Best of luck!

December 27, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Ada jane

Just watched the Kelsey Grammer show. Have always thought Piers is an idiot who panders to his guests. This was over the top. That Kelsey is an egomaniacal idiot who made a complete fool out of himself on the
    show, yet Piers was like his lapdog – gross!

December 27, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Ada jane

The only other show of Piers that I watched this year was when I happened on it when he interviewed the Kardashians. It was so pathetic, he was practically ejaculating over Kim when he said he had her life-sized cardboard cutout in his office.. So now I have seen Kardashians and Kelsey Grammer. Strike one and two. Won't stick around for three.

December 27, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Sherie

Piers: I am extremely disappointed that you would give Kelsey Grammer a chance to spin the facts that he cheated on his wife and has now for the first time found 'true love' (i believe he said for the fifth time as the cameras ban over to the mistress now wife). You seemed to be gushing all over him. I would have expected a balanced interview with some tough questions instead of this 'softball' interview. Good ole' boys.... Expected more.

December 27, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Kristi

Amazing interview. I have enjoyed Mr. Grammer as an entertainer for 30 years. Listening to his life's story, to all the hardships he endured was difficult ... to see and hear his current joy ... brought me to tears. I couldn't be happier for him/them. That by far was one of the most enjoyable interviews I've watched. Thank you very much for the well spent time and terrific hosting.

December 27, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Larissa

Exceptional items by you, person. Ive eaimxne your current stuff just before and you happen to be just in addition amazing. I quite like what you've received below, appreciate exactly what you're stating and the way anyone point out that. You make the idea entertaining and you still find a way to maintain it sensible. I find it difficult to wait to study a lot more from you. That is a legitimate excellent website.

March 2, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. domenic

mater it you ders

December 27, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. bh

Looked forward to the interview with Kelsey Grammar, but instead got the most redundantly redundant coverage of the death of the N Korea despot. Was the idea of interviewing a republican pulled by the cnn officials.

December 28, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Richard Cox

I was able to see the first few minutes of the Kelsey Grammer interview, and looked forward to his discussing his experience as Frasier. Unfortunately, CNN then switched to the boring coverage of the North Korean funeral. Vehicle after vehicle after vehicle. What a dumb decision.

December 28, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Kim

I think Grammer is a total CREEP for leaving his wife and kids and then trying to make himself look like the victim! How sickening! He needs to stand up and be a man about the entire situation and just admit what a low down dog he is! Nobody is saying that Camille was the perfect wife but Grammer is nothing more than an egotistical ass and I sympathize a lot more with her than with him.

December 28, 2011 at 5:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sherie

Kim, you are 'right on the mark' with your assessment. I can not believe that guy and Piers for pandering the entire time. AHHHGH.

December 28, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Jack Sciaudone

The Kelsey Grammer interview was outstanding! Pier's questions were exellent, and Kelsey's candor made the interview riveting.

December 28, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Patrizia

What i don't understood is if truth be told how you're now not laautlcy much more neatly-appreciated than you may be now. You are so intelligent. You understand thus considerably relating to this matter, produced me for my part consider it from so many numerous angles. Its like men and women don't seem to be fascinated except it is one thing to accomplish with Lady gaga! Your personal stuffs great. All the time take care of it up!

March 3, 2012 at 2:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Liann

Why do I get so many results (15,000,000) when I Google search terms ORGANIZED CRIME TEA PARTY? Maybe http://organized-crime-tea-party.blogspot.com/ has some answers...

December 28, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. pauline bird

Kelsey Grammar will clearly be heading for his fourth divorce not too far in the future. His over-the-top gushing for his present wife, how fantastic she is and endless other words of praise, suggest he's seeing her through pink glasses and his disappointment is soon going to take a dive. The man is not rooted in reality and Piers, as usual, didn't challenge his interviewee.

December 30, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. James

Piers Morgan is superb at ambushing his guests and making them feel like they are guilty of something illegal or immoral–What a guy–

January 1, 2012 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. Fabiana

-especially since I don't omoeschhol-Lord, bless the child I omoeschhol!). Hope this helps! Miss you and all your sweet kids!

March 5, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse | Reply