Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

December 29th, 2011

Piers Morgan's greatest hits: Morgan Freeman on the tea party, racism and Obama

All this week CNN is airing some of Piers Morgan's greatest hits – tonight at 9pmET/PT, watch the hour with Oscar-winner Morgan Freeman.

Here's Freeman on the right wing and the tea party in this country:

"The tea partiers who are controlling the Republican party...their stated policy, publicly stated, is to do whatever it takes to see to it that Obama only serves one term," he tells Piers Morgan. "What underlines that? Screw the country, we're going to do whatever we can to get this black man out of here."

He continues: "It is a racist thing." Is he disappointed in Pres. Obama?

"Kind of, but I so understood that he was trying to hold onto his own promise," says Freeman. "He would be President of all the people.""

Watch the preview above – and also in the interview, Freeman on love and dating, his movie career and much more. See the full interview tonight at 9pmET/PT.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Announcements
  1. davidson

Obama is not a fool like him,what ever he calls himself is racist by saying all that still yet obama did not say anything that shows that he is king,he is a leader not a ruler he control his temperament bcos he loves his people,I advice u mr freeman to join obama and fight corruptions in this world

December 29, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Megatrends

God this show is so awful. I feel like I've just watched Wayne Gale ... that fake butt kissing laugh Piers had was pathetic at every little thing Mr. Freeman said. I think AC should get double air time and CNN should can this show.

December 30, 2011 at 3:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. peyton

Morgan Freeman is stupid and CNN is stupid for having him on to give his dumb comments. He should stick to acting as he knows nothing about politics. He just wants a Black man like himself to stay in office and mess up the country more than he has already. What a shame he can't see the truth and just see color.

December 29, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. JUDY

I HAVE SEEN MORGAN FREEMAN ON OTHER SHOWS & HE IS A VERY SMART, HONEST TELL IT LIKE IT IS PERSON. THERE IS NO NEED TO SUGAR COAT ANYTHING & I FEEL HE SPEAKS THE TRUTH WHETHER IT IS LIKED OR NOT.

December 29, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. david newton

Well what a rubbish week you had this week. Repeats repeats and more repeats. Best you close down if you cant think of new exciting and interesting things to talk about.

nope sorry defiantly going down the drain. sorry. and that's from another Brit

December 29, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Carrie

I can't believe the questions posed to Mr. Freeman. They were absurd and had nothing to do with current events. This is one of the first episodes I have watched with Piers taking over for Larry King and I am appalled. Mr. Freeman, I love and respect and is a fantastic actor and very noble that is exceptional and genuine in all he has interviewed. I can't believe Piers has treated him this way and has verbally insulted the intelligence of Mr. Freeman. I'm just appalled. And referring to his "Death Bed" over three times... he is alive and he will do more than ever now in his career. Mr. Freeman is very humble.
    Piers, you aren't Mr King and I don't think you should take on this role. You need to ask more relevant questions rather than trying to stir up dirt for the tabloid. Please do not laugh at your own questions/answers... it's not funny. Ask facts not things that tabloids want to hear. This is what the late night show is about.
    Having been one of the first shows I have watched, I do feel sorry for Mr. Freeman being put in that situation and I am definitely glad I have not watched a show before this. Please think before you speak.

December 29, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • peter

I catch Piers Morgan at miday here in Spain and find his shows far far better than Larry King.He has had some fantastic guests on just recently topped by Morgan Freeman.Keep it up Mr Morgan.

December 31, 2011 at 5:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • james

Oh please, Morgan's a greedy socio pathological sleaze. He phone stalks, sets up journalists to assassinate their character to make profits, gets fired regularly for poor ethics and only got a job at CNN because CNN is trying to out do Fox's criminals and ethically failed politician talking heads. Morgan should be fired or put in jail, or both.

January 1, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Muhamad

I have seen so many different stleys and layouts of squeeze pages that I am inclined to think that the key factor to gaining an edge and getting more sign ups is in how creative you can be with regard to the bonus throw in gift that you provide each person when they complete the sign up form. I know the layout of the squeeze page is very important. I am certainly not disputing that. I am simply contending that it would help more if you offer a bonus offer that is not typical.

September 8, 2012 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. kimMN

Gretta on FNC made huge ratings interviewing Rush Limbaugh on 12/29/2011.
    Why is Pierce afraid to interview Rush? This would be a hit, especially as a followup to an actor that knows nothing about the facts in politics and world events.

December 29, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Paul

Morgan is great!!!! Obama is great !!!!! America come to grip with that you have
    a black president and for another term too oh yesssssssssss

December 29, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Bernard

Respect to Morgan Freeman for speaking his mind and telling it like it is. Could've said something popular, told the truth instead. Tea Partiers are a bunch of racist, bigotted relics of the past with a new name and a common enemy (Barack Obama).

December 29, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • mike

Sir ! read your tweet , and agree ,hey I now live in the south ,I am 70 years old ,was born and raised in brooklyn ny,know racism when it rears its ugly head,tea party people are racist ,they picked herman cain when they were in trouble,I believe it was a political move, hey we stould cain ,where not racist!! Obama will win again !! YES!!!

January 2, 2012 at 9:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. janice

i want to comment on morgams injury i was in an accident 3 months ago ,im also left handed ,had 3 surgeries and have lost my index finger ,most of the use of my hand ,im 48 and devastated, is there any way cnn could link me to morgan to exchange information ,or coments i have graphic photos from mayo clinic about my injury and seems that we have alot in common ,im also on face book ,and have posted the photos , so sorry morgan i genuinely know how u feel feel free to contact me ,please ,thank you janice fox

December 29, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Andrea Shriver

It was wonderful to see Morgan Freeman on Piers Morgan. I was sorry to hear about Morgan Freeman's problem with his left hand. I want to suggest that Morgan try mirror therapy. He should place a mirror between his knnes and move his right hand in front of the mirror. To his brain it will look like his left hand and may just wake up the connection in his brain. It is nice to see him back in the singles scene. I am sure he will do very well. May 2012 be a great year for Morgan and all of us. Thank you Andrea

December 29, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. WATCHMAN

JEZEBEL, TRUMP AND RON PAUL SHOULD RUN AS INDEPENDENTS. WE DO NOT NEED ANOTHER BUSH. LORD BRING YOUR JUSTICE TO THIS NATION. MARANATHA

December 30, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. murray sauchuk

I would love to see Naom Chomsky as a guest on Piers Morgan. He would be more interesting than Micheal Moore We would here the truth about many political topics!

December 30, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Jesgrate

I always admired Morgan Freeman and go to see most of his movies. However, I was appalled to hear him say that the Tea Party was basically fear mongering in order to make sure a "Black Man" would not seve a second term – stating that their motives were pure racism. WHOA! Mr. Freeman are you living so remotely in your Hollywood riches bubble that you fail to see how the rest of the country is sinking under Obama's failed attempt to control the economy? That was a very poor choice of words and frankly I am a little sick of people crying "racism" whenever things don't go their way. What about the facts that we are NOT doing better under Obama and maybe it is time for a new administration with new ideas?

December 30, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • faith

Bush had 8 years and we seen what he did .So now its Obama's turn lets see what will be said when he's done .That's the way it works.You will see a difference in the two if you are even halfway open-minded watch.

January 3, 2012 at 10:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. ray

i can tell you how to pick a president, you give the person or persons applying for office an application and let him or her fill it out, and if they are qualified then you hire the one most qualified to run that position, a 90 day trial period and if he or she fails to to the job, then you let that person go and start all over till you get the right person for the position.

December 30, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Martha

This is an excellent leossn and I thank the author / sponsor for offering this information which is a vital part of list building for any web site owner. I urge everyone to get this CD even if you have already seen countless squeeze pages on Internet, you probably are not aware of certain nuances which make up an effective converting squeeze page. You need to know every aspect / section and why it is constructed that way. I used to dismiss those who offered this knowledge thining I already knew enough about squeeze pages, until I took a leossn from an expert and realized there were things about its construction and the psychology of visitors which I did not know.

September 8, 2012 at 4:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  15. John Van De Brook

Only a Brit would interview a traitor namely Jame Fonda. Maybe if you were in Hanoi Hilton you wouldn't be interviewing a traitor to the United States of America. I am a Vietnam Veteran 1965-1967 and will never forgive her. You are totally shameful your show stinks and above all you should be ashamed of yourself as a commentator especially after we saved Britain's ass during WW 2.

December 30, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Nate Poole

No more television in my home. Fewer overpriced movie tickets I have to buy. One more Hollywood aristocrat for me to boycott.

Please stop abusing the mentally handicapped. Stop enabling actors to believe they have anything relevant to say.

Turn off the televisions. Get off your asses. Go outside and say hi to your neighbors. Folks, the world is a wonderful place.

December 30, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. LJC

Dear Piers or Ted turner CEO somebody!!!! We love the show, but what about interviewing "A random American" Yes we find some celebs stories interesting, but We peasents can never connect! – Just a random american their story their views on life and politics- How interesting would that be!!!! no screening either just a random invitation- ok some screening so you don't get a psycho, but you get the point. – You know we want a vioce and we don't always want to hear from people more forunate or so called experts. who just over analized everything and assumes to understand and speak for us. For others in this blog please comment if you agree maybe they will Hear US!

December 31, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Robert Jabour

Hanoi Jane best ever time is when she gave the North Viet Nam guards note from the U.S. soldiers and the VC beat them and I think even killed one. Now for Hanoi Jane that has to be her greatest hour.

December 31, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Amy Baker

On Piers Morgan Tonight, Morgan Freeman mentioned that he does not have complete use of one of his hands due to an automobile accident. I have a friend, Kathy, who had a stroke and has regained the used of her hand using a Bioness arm and hand exerciser. Please ask Mr. Freeman to watch and listen to Kathy tell about her experience at
    http://www.youtube.com. Her first posted video can be accessed by typing, "Bioness Arm and Hand Rehabilitation", in the search box and the later video showing Kathy's progress can be accessed by typing," Bioness Arm and Hand
    Rehabilitation 2". My best wishes to Mr. Freeman and my congratulations to Piers Morgan for his excellent TV show. Amy Baker

January 1, 2012 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Evie

THIS IS SO VERY UNFAIR. Difference between Obama and Clinton.. Obama is much more progressive. HIS STATED GOALS are to redistribute the wealth. The Republican Congress (America who elected them) held Clinton in check and moved him to the center.
    The Republicans would be saying GET HER OUT, if it were Pelosi, a WHITE WOMAN.
    Please, media, call people like Morgan Freeman (whom I like) on these things!
    The Tea Party does not show that it is racist. Please, please THIS rhetoric without the media calling them on it is very destructive!!!!

January 1, 2012 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Abubakar

What is the limit of text you can have on FaceBook? I am not sure I can get what I want to say out in 140 words so short posts are not going to be my forte. Is there a limit of text when you are replying to semoone else's post? Maybe I could come up with a humorous short post that would grab their attention and then make my dear aunt Betty letters in the comments to the questions asked. Using Twitter may be the answer I have been looking for because I want something where you can explain what it is you do with out having to pay per word. Thanks for posting this idea I will let you know what comes of it.

September 7, 2012 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. Stan

Why does CNN waste our time by interviewing and posting the lies and left-wing statements by people like Morgan Freeman? Why does Freeman and others on CNN keep using the "race card" to blast the right or GOP, when it doesn't make any sense?! None of the conservatives I know care a bit about skin color. The reason they want Obama to only serve one term is because of his policies, and his refusal to STOP THE RUNAWAY SPENDING! His so-called "stimulus" programs didn't work, and he insists on giving billions to foreign countries that hate us, rather than using the money for America and the people who are out of work here. What are we supposed to do to get a job; move to China? Look at the Solyndra fiasco, 500 million in taxpayers' money down the drain, and yet he wants more. Even if all the millionares were taxed at 50% or more, it wouldn't erase the debt, because he just keeps spending more....!

January 2, 2012 at 12:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Tyrone

Chris Matthew panel are a bunch of elitist liar! The nerve of one of his panel member to say that President Obama has no record to run on! LIE LIE LIE! Everyone one on that panel benefited from the Bush Tax Cuts” under Bush and Obama! Many are millionaires! Saving the automobile industry negotiating what was a 75 million dollar cap BP had in place. President Obama got a 20 billion dollar cap. The stimulus package save nearly a million jobs and continue to create over a million jobs! Gave 90% of American a tax break! Republican rhetoric demonizing and straight up lying about the stimulus! SHOULD NOT be repeated by the elitist pundits! Chris Mathew should be a shame of himself ...Total disgrace to his profession!

Then their is foreign policy President Obama leadership and direction capture and killed Bin Laden in two in a half years. Something Republican President G.W. Bush couldn't do in eight years! Under his leadership 37 plus top terrorist either capture or killed! When it came to leadership about Israel President Obama gave his opinion and direction to their leadership! President Obama have travel to more country in his first term then all the Presidents before him! President Obama end the needless war in Iraq! When President Obama came both wars had no plan.....President Obama corrected Bush mistake!
    President Obama Seven decade of President tried and fail to get a “Universal Health Plan” President Obama did it in less then 5 months in office! When President Obama found out that military personnel were being charge for phone calls while hospitalize. President Obama immediately change the policy! 17 years of “Don't ask don't tell” over turn by President Obama. President Obama also got a bill past that will encourage employer to employ veteran! Today unemployment is going down and American purchasing products going up!

President Obama put in regulation to protect the American people after the deregulation under G.W. Bush brought the country DOWN! The bottom line these pundit know President Obama has a strong record to run on.......The truth there is no President EVER...that receive the country in worse condition......The truth all the claims of over spending ...Not one Republican or pundit acknowledge that the Obama administration paid the bills left by the Bush's administration. Two wars and a proscription plan for senior citizen ...ALL NOT PAID for by the Bush's administration!

President Obama recovery of the mess he inherit from the Bush's administration is WORKING!

January 2, 2012 at 5:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Samuel

It is hard for me to believe that we still hope to obtain any type of sensible informative programming from the networks. Are we that naive? Are we sleep so deep not to see that all these programs are for "entertainment " only regardless of how serious they claim or appear to be. True informative programming is dead in America. It has been dead for quite sometime. Let's not be part of the circus. I tell you what let's all turn our tv's off for a month make all the ratings go to zero until these networks give the American public real unbiased information. I love dreaming!!!!!!!

January 2, 2012 at 9:30 am | Report abuse | Reply