Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

January 6th, 2012

Bruno Mars on getting dropped by Motown and picking up the pieces: "I didn't want to give up"

Tonight Piers Morgan sits down with Bruno Mars in The Bardot Club, where Mars got his career started. They talk about everything from his six Grammy nominations to getting dropped by Motown records. "I used to be able to walk into a room and say, hey, I’m Bruno Mars, I’m signed with Motown Records," Mars says. "And then - now I have to say I got dropped from Motown Records."

The massive blow gave Mars a change to grow up and get back on track. He says "I grew as an artist." Tune in at 9pm ET/PT for more on how he picked himself up and turned into the pop sensation he is now.

-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Desiree

He reminds me of Michael Jackson.

January 6, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • millrose11

Motown will regret the day they dropped a singer like Bruno Mars. The executives there need to re- examine their decision and find some way to get him back. He is one of the best singers of this millinuem, what's wrong with Motown?

April 9, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • The Magnolia

LOVE BRUNO!!! Motown must be unable to meet the demands of such a strong force of sound. Its so to bad. The strength of the company could not hold such a super artist. Bruno will continue to succeed because his voice and style is soulful and different from what we are feeling out here now. Super surprised but I know a true BOSS will sign him and do what is necessary to let us keep hearing him.

March 5, 2013 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bon

My 10 year old granddaughter has got to be Bruno Mars' biggest fan. She's absolutely crazy about him!

January 6, 2012 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Courtney

Omg, I'm literally obsessed with Bruno. This is the only clipof the interview I've been able to watch cause they don't have this channel in the UK. I need to see it NOW.

January 6, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Renie

He ist the best singer, songwriter, producer and dancer ;) in the whole wide world!!!

January 7, 2012 at 2:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Josie

am I in heaven yet <3-<3

January 7, 2012 at 4:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. rasha

he's just so sweet and down to earth I watched the whole intreview and you can see that he comes from a good family his parents have done a great job and what I like about him is that he's actually talented and his voice is just breath taking

January 7, 2012 at 6:36 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. alisha

Bruno mars is the best singer and dancer he's the best and I'm obsessed with bruno mars his voice is breath taking!x

January 7, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. isabella

he`s so bautiful. And he has a so beautiful voice!!!! his songs are the best songs ever. I love you , bruno! <3

January 7, 2012 at 8:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. MINX

60 and a Bruno Mars fan – be good, Bruno . . .

January 9, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. georgette beltran

I admire Bruno Mars. I think he has a gorgeous voice, a fabulous stage persona, and enormous talent in songwriting and producing. As a Song Artist myself, I am definitely a serious fan of this young man.

February 9, 2012 at 7:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. doreen

When it comes to my daughter Marissa, there is nothing I would'nt do for her like hop in the car and drive all night to get to a free consert Bruno was performing. Totally worth it because as we all know Bruno Mars is amazing !!!!!

February 11, 2012 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Gamat

You can definitely see your skills within the paintings you write. The sector hopes for even more passionate writers like you who aren't afraid to say how they believe. All the time go after your heart.

March 31, 2012 at 5:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Indriratnasari

hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely piekcd up something new from right here. I did however expertise a few technical issues using this web site, as I experienced to reload the website a lot of times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web hosting is OK? Not that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for much more of your respective intriguing content. Make sure you update this again soon..

September 8, 2012 at 6:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. PalmIslandStyle

I'm 58 & a music nut since the age of 3. My nieces & nephews know, that I know music. Throw backs & current. Motown & beyond. The first time I heard Bruno Mars sing....I was in awe. This beautiful kid is amazing! He's going to be a soul & voice thats going to be around for a long time. Congratulations, Bruno. Keep playing whats in your heart & never let anyone stop you. Leaving the love....

February 15, 2013 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply