READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For January 9, 2012 – Tebow makes Steelers pay with big passes in big OT upset, Iran sentences American to death in spy case and Papa John's apologizes for receipt's racial slur...
• Tebow makes Steelers pay in OT: “Challenged to let it rip by Broncos team president John Elway last week, and by the Steelers defense on Sunday, Tim Tebow cut it loose in spectacular fashion Sunday afternoon at Sports Authority Field, throwing for a career-high 316 yards and two touchdown passes in Denver's stunning 29-23 overtime upset of Pittsburgh in the first round of the AFC playoffs."
• Iran sentences American to death in spy case: "American Amir Mirzaei Hekmati, on trial in Iran for espionage, has been sentenced to death nearly five months after he was arrested, Iran's semi-official Fars news agency reported Monday. A court convicted Hekmati of "working for an enemy country ... for membership in the CIA and also for his efforts to accuse Iran of involvement in terrorism," according to Fars."
• Rivals turn up heat on Romney as N.H. primary closes in: “With one day to go until the New Hampshire primary, Republican presidential front-runner Mitt Romney is facing attacks from all sides. Romney, who is making his second bid for the GOP nomination, kicks off a full day of campaigning Monday by speaking at a chamber of commerce breakfast in Nashua, New Hampshire.”
• Novartis issues voluntary recall because of broken, mislabeled pills: "Pharmaceutical company Novartis on Sunday voluntarily recalled a number of over-the-counter drugs - including certain bottles of Excedrin and Bufferin - because of complaints about mislabeled and broken pills."
• Papa John's apologizes for receipt's racial slur: “Papa John's Pizza fired a cashier at one of its New York restaurants and apologized to an Asian-American customer for a receipt that identified her as 'lady chinky eyes.' 'We were extremely concerned to learn of the receipt issued in New York,' the company said in a statement posted on its Facebook page Saturday.”