Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

January 25th, 2012

Alec Baldwin, on a future career in politics: "I do want to run for office one day"

In a candid and exclusive interview with Piers Morgan airing tonight at 9pm ET/PT, actor Alec Baldwin shares the timeline of his potential run for office: "There's so many different things that happen in the political world over the course of two years," says Baldwin. "In that amount of time – in maybe the not too distant future - I'll survey that again and think about is there an opportunity for me."

In the meantime, the two-time Emmy Award winner says he still has some unfinished business left on his day job.

"I'm not done doing what I'm doing now," he tells Piers Morgan. "I've got at least a couple more years of this kind of work I want to do, on the drawing board." Tune in to "Piers Morgan Tonight" this evening at 9pm ET/PT as Baldwin discusses the Republican presidential race and reveals what exactly happened when he played "Words With Friends" on an airplane.

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Larry

Baldwin credits Obama with Dow 12,000? Clera he understands nothing about how FED money through the big banks is driving equities and commodities.

January 25, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Ron Decker

Do not disrespect the flight attendants – they are only enforcing FAA policy.

January 25, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Maura

Which one of the Baldwins does Piers want to be in bed with or is it obvious.

January 25, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Marilyn

He is soo boring, why does anyone care about this person that keeps acting like a spoiled baby.

January 25, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Judy

Why are we listening to a man who calls his daughter a "pig"? Who does that?

January 26, 2012 at 12:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Bret Smith

Hi Piers -

Alec Baldwin may in fact have "correct opinions" on certain points this evening, however in he is in my opinion a sycophant/poser who has no original ideas. He is definitely not a statesman. It's a sad commentary on our "culture" that popular figures get so much respect and reverence outside their area of expertise simply because they are "popular". Alec Baldwin is an actor. Do you think he could persuade you to hire him to fix your car the next time is breaks down? Read Plato dude, and stop contributing to the dummying down of serious subjects. Cheers, Bret Smith

January 26, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Doug Webb

Piers Morgan is even more of a pandering c**t than his predecessor. I would shove the phone down his puftah throat if he or Baldwin caused my flight to be delayed.

January 26, 2012 at 12:44 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Etty

Why do we have to hear Alec Baldwin talk politics.... Is this another way for the media again to persuade Americans to vote for Obama.. I used to like piers Morgan until he started talking politics..

January 26, 2012 at 3:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. kyranlisa

I will definitely vote for Obama, but Alec Baldwin?? Does he have any credibility at all?? Get over his problems with his spoiled teenager... maybe not the best way to handle it, but..... is that really a big deal??
    Statesman?? are you kidding?

January 26, 2012 at 3:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Connie Pierce

Alec Baldwin is a great actor, but that's it! Celebrities should stay out of politics all together! If we Americans are so desperate for a leader we should start picking out some of the common people who actually live real lives and work 9-5 jobs. Who don't make promises that they know they cant keep and are overall capable of living on a budget.

January 29, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Carla

If you had no money or fame let's see how much that younger woman would like you

January 29, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. fastprogt

Фаст Проджект – студия web дизайна (создание сайтов, продвижение, сопровождение) Создание сайта под ключ

March 13, 2012 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Twitter for Beginners

Helpful information. Lucky me I discovered your web site unintentionally, and I'm stunned why this twist of fate did not took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

April 12, 2012 at 2:31 am | Report abuse | Reply
  14. создание сайта в Крыму

You really make it appear really easy with your presentation however I find this topic to be really one thing that I think I would never understand. It kind of feels too complex and extremely huge for me. I'm looking forward in your subsequent publish, I'll attempt to get the grasp of it!

May 15, 2012 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. создание и продвижение сайтов

Hello there, I discovered your blog by way of Google whilst searching for a comparable topic, your web site came up, it appears to be like great. I have bookmarked to my favourites|added to bookmarks.

July 9, 2012 at 9:28 am | Report abuse | Reply