READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For February 2, 2012 – Egypt mourns as soccer riot death toll rises to 79, American Airlines to cut 13,000 jobs and Tracy Morgan's mom pleads for his help saving home...
• Egypt mourns as soccer riot death toll rises to 79: "Egyptians began three days of mourning Thursday for the 79 people who perished at a violent soccer riot, as the nation's fledgling parliament erupted in anger over the national tragedy."
• American Airlines to cut 13,000 jobs: "American Airlines told its unions Wednesday it plans to cut 13,000 jobs from the staff of 88,000 at the nation's No. 3 airline. The cuts will fall most heavily on the airline's maintenance operations, which will lose 4,600 jobs."
• Job cuts increased in January: "The U.S. job market stumbled out of the gates in 2012 - at least according to one report. Planned job cuts for the month of January totaled 53,486, according to a report from outplacement consulting firm Challenger, Gray & Christmas. That's a 28% increase from December and the highest total since the 116,000 cuts announced in September."
• 238 rescued after ferry sinks off Papua New Guinea: "Rescuers plucked more than 200 survivors from the sea after a passenger ship sunk off the east coast of Papua New Guinea, a spokeswoman for the Australian Maritime Safety Authority said Thursday."
• Tracy Morgan's mom pleads for his help saving home: "Tracy Morgan's mother says she struggled for years to provide the comedian with everything he needed as a child, but now that she's out of work and facing foreclosure he's refusing to help her."