Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 16th, 2012

Ricky Gervais on Steve Carell: "He's nearly handsome"

This evening Piers Morgan welcomes his fellow countryman Ricky Gervais to the program, for a no holds barred, primetime exclusive.

Amongst such topics as religion, health, love, and fame, the two Brits also discuss Steve Carell, the American actor who reprised Gervais' role from the original British sitcom television series, "The Office":

"He's great. He's fantastic. He's not only brilliant, but he's one of the loveliest people in Hollywood, untouched by it," says Gervais on Thursday's "Piers Morgan Tonight". "Family man. Nice, honest, hardest working guy. I mean, I don't know how he does it."

Carell will appear on a future airing of "Piers Morgan Tonight", and after viewing a clip of the upcoming interview, Gervais took time to offer his opinion of Carell, from a physical perspective:

"He's nearly handsome," says Gervais. "If you look at him, he's chiseled, he's great. But he's got something. He's got beady eyes. He's good, I like him. That was a compliment by the way."

Tune in to "Piers Morgan Tonight" at 9pm ET/PT as the actor and comedian keeps Morgan on his toes, and nearly falling out of his chair with laughter.

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Marilyn

I tried to watch this and got ill listening to these two idiots that come to our country and take over, they seem selfish, and opportunistic that don't care about anyone but themselves. I thought I was in another country, not a good feeling.

February 17, 2012 at 7:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Shant

Obviously you're the one who's an idiot believing they're coming to our country and trying to take over apparently because they have British accents. You're comment makes ME ill because it's people like you who make our country look bad. I don't know about Piers, but you should look up the charitable work Ricky Gervais has done before making asinine comments about being selfish and opportunistic, and only caring about himself.

March 7, 2012 at 1:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Donna

Shant, I agree with you completely. Obviously these two guys realize the value of living in the U.S. They're taking over NOTHING, they're just sharing their intelligence with us. But let Marilyn get sick on her own time, while we laugh our asses off.

April 8, 2012 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Laloo

I have a bolt hole a beach house which I run to with my partner and good books any time my cdhesule will allow (sadly not very often). Just getting away from the same environments and quietly decompressing does wonders for my health physically, mentally and emotionally. Vacation wise, last year I travelled around New Zealand absolutley stunning and truly inspiring! Lovely beaches, misty rainforests, huge mountains i hope to return next year!

April 3, 2012 at 7:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Donna

What the hell does your statement have to do with this topic. And what the are you talking about, you seem to make up your own vocabulary of words.

April 8, 2012 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  2. domiethan

Well,he is handsome. Just not in an usual way. He's just the tipical guy who is described like "not ugly,but noy handsome". But i really like him,he really seems a good person.

November 9, 2012 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply