Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

February 24th, 2012

Newt Gingrich on Barack Obama: "He's a left-wing radical"

On the heels of Wednesday's CNN Arizona Republican Presidential Debate, tonight Piers Morgan sits down with Newt Gingrich for an honest and revealing interview.

Joining "Piers Morgan Tonight" from Seattle, Washington, the former House Speaker shares candid commentary on Barack Obama, in regards to the President's views on drilling, and energy policy.

"Well look, the President is a left-wing radical," proclaims Gingrich. "I don't know if you've actually read the president's speech, but it could be on 'Saturday Night Live'."

Looking ahead to Tuesday's Florida and Michigan Primaries, the candidate for the 2012 Republican Party presidential nomination offers three solutions which he insists could be instituted immediately:

"Just a signing of the pen, no change the law from Congress: build the pipeline, re-open the Gulf, open up the areas in Alaska. He could do it today. What does he have?"

Tune in tonight at 9pm ET/PT as Gingrich discusses the recently reported Quran burnings in Afghanistan, and shares his reaction to the apologies that followed.

-–

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Piers Morgan Live
  1. Doug Peterson

Mr Gingrich forgets we invaded their country, if they invaded us then they might be expected to apologize. Why did you let him get away with that garbage? Does he really think the way to fight religious extremism is to ignore the fact that the Koran was burned on our military base? Churches are burned all over the world but not by American soldiers. This is the "great thinker" of the Republican party? No wonder they're in trouble.

February 24, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lobo Ferrol

I wonder if anyone will hold Mr Gingrich (aka Ginger Itch) accountable for anything he says during his debates and on camera!

February 25, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • scott

You left wing numb nuts haven't a clue. And you take Piers Morgan seriously. You should watch him on the fox soccer channel. His time there will be short. None of the other commentators appear to really care what spews from his pie hole. He's a joke, just like our president. Come to think of it, those two have something in common. They will soon be fired. Thank god for that.

February 28, 2012 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Aryzezyari

I do not have knowledge of any bunlidng agreements or plans, but we are making a Graffiti release for WHS that is an actual WHS add-on and uses the API. So it will be simple to install and manage.Whereas Community Server will certainly run on WHS (I use WHS at home and have a test CS install on it), but would require a manual install and Telligent will not provide any WHS-specific support for it.

May 20, 2012 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Charles Wightman

Keystone pipeline benefits only the oil companies...not one drop is staying in the USA....refined in Port Arthur...shipped to China, South America, Canada and Europe which means that it is all non-taxable and of no use to America other than 5000 temporary jobs...

February 24, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. kc aamah

Piers:
    This is Barack. I appreciate you always being a Democrat loyalist and a member of the Democrat Defamation Team (DDT) against the Republicans. But you're letting Newt make me and my administration look bad. He has just about castrated you. Find some balls and do your part for the O (your boss).

February 24, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jenny

The problem with the use of a term like neo-con is that nefferidt people use it to mean nefferidt things. The modern day use of the term has come to represent ultra-conservative thought supply side economics, low tolerance for diplomacy, pre-emptive warfare, etc. The traditional use of the term, before Bush came into office, was to mean a former liberal whose experience in dealing with reality rather than pipe-dreams has moved him into a more moderate stance. I embrace that philosophy, as I consider myself to be a true moderate .someone who allows himself to see and understand all sides of an issue before taking a stance. However, I have come to shun the term neo-con due to the modern-day stigmatism that is now associated with it.

April 4, 2012 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Charles Wightman

have a problem with voting for a guy that doesn't know right from wrong....bailout saved 1.4 million jobs...people working and paying taxes as opposed to 1.4 million more collecting unemployment and welfare and medicaid.....gm is #1 in the world again and although Chrysler threw in with Fiat, the company is making cars in America with American workers and paying American taxes....How was the bailout wrong???

February 24, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • scott

Proof? Where's the proof? Just use facts and data. If you relied on that you wouldn't make such stupid comments.

February 28, 2012 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. EVELYN LANE

Well look, Newt, you're a righ-wing radical and at least the left-wing has done more for working class Americans than nuts like you. Why don't you and Rove just go away somewhere and start your own Facist country? You could arm wrestle to see who would be top dog.

February 24, 2012 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Goldy

In regards to?

February 25, 2012 at 8:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Ferrol Lobo

Mr Gingrich easily confuses matters and issues like he does with his three wives. Of all the GOP candidates this is the single most dangerous candidate that is likely to say anything against Obama and/or that isn't the right thing to say! Wonder if he is simply incapable of doing the right thing! Appears his grey hair is from the shining of the sun!

February 25, 2012 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Lobo Ferrol

Err Mr Gingrich ... are you always going to confuse issues like you confuse your three wives?

February 25, 2012 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Kimberly

The only problem with Obama is that he's not radically left enough! And as for Newt, he should talk! He's a right wing fanatic and misogynist. HE is the one living in a fantasy!

February 27, 2012 at 8:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ariez

Hello!! I survived. No voice loss. Great boots (the truiuoqse ones). Great kids. Couple of surreal moments like being locked into a school playground (what kind of school has to lock the playground to keep kids in??) and me running through the school (in truiuoqse boots) trying to finding the janiotr and only finding a really angry secretary who couldn't understand why I wanted to get out (either that or she was jealous of my imminent escape; and Vanessa (bookseller) arriving in my house soaked to the skin and asking for my hairdryer. All with the added stress of having very ill daughter at home so complicated arrangements of care. Not to mention the dog's ears Oh gosh. But all done. World record duly set, and if anyone tries to break it they are welcome to it. (Joanna, no, I wasn't driving!)

April 2, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Sadiya

hey there and thank you for your information – I have celnaitry picked up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this site, as I experienced to reload the site many times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web host is OK? Not that I am complaining, but sluggish loading instances times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my email and could look out for a lot more of your respective fascinating content. Make sure you update this again soon..

May 22, 2012 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply