READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For March 1, 2012 – Well-known conservative blogger Andrew Breitbart dead at 43, U.N. resolution slams Syria and urges aid and Maryland governor to sign same-sex marriage bill...
• Andrew Breitbart, well-known conservative blogger, dead at 43: "Andrew Breitbart, a well-known conservative blogger, has died, his attorney confirmed Thursday. He was 43. Breitbart was also known as a taking head on conservative television shows as well as the right-hand man to Matt Drudge of Drudge Report."
• U.N. resolution slams Syria, urges aid: "The U.N. Human Rights Council adopted a resolution Thursday condemning Syria's 'widespread and systematic violations of human rights' and called on the regime to permit aid groups in to distribute relief. Thirty-seven of the nations meeting in Geneva, Switzerland, voted for the resolution, including the United States and several Arab countries."
• Maryland governor to sign same-sex marriage bill: "Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley will sign into law Thursday a bill legalizing same-sex marriage. 'All children deserve the opportunity to live in a loving, caring, committed and stable home, protected equally under the law,' O'Malley said in a statement after last week's vote."
• Federal judge blocks anti-smoking images required on tobacco products: " A federal mandate requiring tobacco companies to place graphic images on their products warning of the dangers of smoking was tossed out Wednesday by a judge in Washington, with the judge saying the requirements were a violation of free speech."
• The Monkees' Davy Jones dead at 66: "Davy Jones, whose charming grin and British accent won the hearts of millions of fans on the 1960s television series "The Monkees," died Wednesday, according to the Martin County, Florida, sheriff's office. He was 66."