Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 9th, 2012

Montel Williams on the GOP candidates: "We're supposed to be setting an example for the world"

Coming up this evening on "Piers Morgan Tonight," Emmy-Winning Talk Show Host Montel Williams sits down for an emotional interview on a wide range of topics, including his ongoing battle with Multiple Sclerosis and his take on the current state of politics in America.

Before becoming the host of "The Montel Williams Show," tonight's guest served America for more than two decades – both as a marine and in the navy – and speaks with great pride about his experiences:

"I did 22 years in the military, put a uniform on my back, was willing to take a bullet for anybody, in this country, period," Williams tells Piers Morgan. "Didn't matter if they were black, white, didn't matter!"

Nearly four decades since first enlisting, Williams is deeply concerned about the lack of military experience amongst the current crop of GOP presidential candidates:

"Neither one of the Republicans that are running ever put a uniform on," he says. "This is the first time, I think, in American history that we have a larger percentage of elected officials who never put on a uniform, [yet] have the nerve to send our children off to die?"

Tune in this evening at 9 p.m. ET/PT as Williams opens up about his battle with MS, and reveals the ways in which he thinks people can transform their life.

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. Pat Riot

RON PAUL SERVED. Ron Paul not only wont send your kids to war, HE WANTS THEM HOME. Why do you NOT mention RON PAUL!?

March 9, 2012 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • James

He didn't mention Ron Paul because, like it or not, Ron isn't getting the Republican Nomination. The math just isn't there, he couldn't even win Alaska, the one he was supposed to have tied up. His reference was to the two frontrunners – notice he said two, not three or four, so he excluded Newt as well.

March 10, 2012 at 10:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Pat Riot

Uh Ron Paul was doing BETTER then Santorum if you even understand at all how delegates worked or were paying attention.

They want you to think Ron Paul didnt stand a chance from the beginning so less sheep supported him. And it worked.

March 10, 2012 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Fran

Funny Mr. Montel, while noble for having served our country, never mentioned Mr. Obama as one of his non-military politicians.

March 9, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jenny

Fascinating how they missed that one glaring point

March 11, 2012 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Wayne Vermilya

No disrespect to anyone who serves or has served in the military, but I see a big difference between warriors and politicians. Being a good one doesn't necessarily make a good other one!

March 12, 2012 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Charles

The comment wasn't about whether one made a good other one.The comment was that there are Republican Politicians serving who would never send their sons into battle while not mentioning that the Head Democrat in the oval office never served in any capacity. Another comment regarded the name calling of Fluke only while not mentioning Maher calling Palin the "C: word which women consider to be more derogatory and Jerry Brown when running for Governor of Calif calling Whitman a "wh_ _e" I guess that Montel doesn't think that they are the daughters of anybody etc. Can't you spell hypocrisy? Aren't they a part of his "We the people"?I used to respect him. What a disappointment.

March 12, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Duffy

Thanks for pointing out that President Obama never served in the Armed Services.

March 12, 2012 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Charles

Shame on Montel. I have lost all respect for him.I wore the uniform for 20 years. You constantly run into both officers and enlisted who are selfish and biased and then use the cover of "I wore the uniform" to try and make it right. He never mentioned that Obama never served and that Maher made a more vulgar comment about Palin and Jerry Brown called Whitman the "W" word while running for Governor of California. Talk about hypocrisy.

March 12, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
      • nan

Oh you mean like W Bush? please don't tell me about his bogus service which he never reported to ...better not to drill down on that fairy tale...another gimme doled out to BUSH by the media

May 30, 2014 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
      • nan

CHARLES is using the same modis he is offended by..does that sound familiar?
        pot calling the kettle black...aren't you giving yourself more credit due to "I wore the uniform for 20 yrs"?????
        um...yea....

May 30, 2014 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  3. david

Ron Paul served in the military. What is Montel talking about?

March 9, 2012 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Frank

What a terribly unprofessional interview with Pastor Mark Driscoll ! Why have the guy as a guest if you have no intention of letting him explain his positions on his book? Why not just give a commentary on your belief system? You spoke about tolerance towards the gay community while demonstrating no tolerance towards Christians or the Bible. Guess what, Piers? You qualify as a proud, card-carrying hypocrite. Maybe you should be "dragged kicking and screaming into the modern era" and along the way, stop by a journalism school to learn how to interview and church and learn some manners. I know, you're too "tolerant" to make a change...

March 9, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • nickles

I agree with you !!

March 9, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • kim

well said

March 9, 2012 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Judy Drake

Shame on you Piers Morgan. You just raked that poor guy, Pastor Mark Driscoll, over the coals on a fundamental teaching of your RomanCatholic faith about gays and marriage. As a practising Catholic, I was shocked that you would approve of gays marrying, (that's the easy way out, but is it right?). Only a man and a woman can procreate and marriage is the protective umbrella of the family. Two men or two women are cohabiltating and they can call it whatever they like, just not marriage.

March 9, 2012 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cathlene

I agree too!!
      It was like Piers used the night to tell only HIS point of view without letting the Pastor get a word in edge-wise! What are you so afraid of Piers that you constantly had to put words in your guest's mouth, then never gave him an opportunity to speak?!

March 12, 2012 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Charles

What else is new. This is an Ultra Liberal show that promotes it and bashes others

March 12, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Michele in Maryland

I was very impressed with Montel on the show tonight. I think he just forgot that Ron Paul served in the military, and that 's OK. He made a lot of sense in what he said, regarding Americans' health habits and our growing negative rhetoric. Keep speaking out Montel, and please keep featuring such insightful and passionate guests, Mr. Morgan!!!!

March 9, 2012 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • PacNWcitizen

I agree. I was never a Montel fan, and he said he was a Republcan, which normally makes me wary (I'm a democract) but he made ALOT of sense on this show. It was like, 'finally, someone who talks sense!" I was very impressed by his views, especially on health care. I thought I was alone out there harping about how each of us has a primary responsibility to take care of ourselves, first and foremost, if we're going healthcare insurance is ever going to work.

March 11, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Colleen in Texas

Thank you Montel for your passionate speech on the discord in our current political climate. I am also dismayed at the angry tone to any communication I see about the current race. I do not understand why it has become so difficult for us all to find acceptable compromised solutions to our problems. I don't expect to get my way all the time. I know that if I do, at least half my countrymen and women will be very unhappy.

March 12, 2012 at 1:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Navy Veteran

Though Mr. Williams may not have mentioned Ron Paul or Obama as his non-military politicians, do not forget that as a Republican and card carrying and donor of the Republican party, he ifs focused on the 2 people most likely to represent HIS party. Also, instead of nitpicking his comments, for minor oversights, how about championing his overall stance? Or is that too much for you to support, give you probably never served. I do not agree with his politics, but greatly echo his views. We The People!!

March 9, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Barbara Gilson

Montel and Piers, you display such sanctimonious passion for the "S" word spoken by Rush. Where were
    you when Bill Mahr used the "C" word on someone's daughter?

March 9, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Felicia

They only remember what they want to. It's called selective memory.

March 9, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jan

I heartily agree with you Barbara. Where is the outrage when a conservative woman is called those names and worse. By the way, Bill or David Letterman do this constantly and are rarely asked to apoligize and do so only when there is much public pressure. Piers, it seems that when you interview a conservative person and/or a Christian you use it as a forum to air your own liberal opinins. Why not let them speak their minds? It doesn't mean that you agree with them. We would rather hear from them than hear your predictible liberal opinions ad nauseum. That pastor should have been given a chance to explain his stance instead of having words put in his mouth. Don't you want to be a professional interviewer or is this just a one sided forum for your preferences?

March 10, 2012 at 4:16 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Judy

I do not believe Montel is a republican.. He would have been outraged about the treatment Sarah Palin has received over the years and names she has been called by the left to suppress her freedom of speech.. Her whole family was and still is stolked and brutilized by the left and the news pundents. I found this interview so pathetic and biased and there is no way Montel is a republican and to bring in the militarty to back his assault up without pointing out the other side.
      The tea party also has been llied about and called murders after the gabby Gifford incident and Palin again brutilized.. It is blood libal. Get you liberal house in order before you spew your rants.. Pathetic

March 10, 2012 at 10:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. tom

Where was Williams outrage when Maher called several women even worse names? Williams has degraded this show just by being on it. As a vet myself let me just say Williams please quit bragging about your service over and over again.

March 9, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Kim

LOVED what Mr Williams said about supporting the military!!! My son is a Marine stationed in Hawaii right now, and if someone is going to go to war anywhere, my son will be one of the ones who go. America should honor the sacrifices and the potential sacrifices that the men and women are giving or has given to the Country.

March 9, 2012 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Barb Again

Oh, I forgot to mention, Bill Mahr, a million dollar contributor to the Obama campaign.

March 9, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Eliza

You so quickly brought up Rush Limbaugh's name when you felt he had insulted "someonone's daughter". Why haven't you or your left leaning co-horts mentioned Bill Maher and his vicious comments about women? You are so much like all the other leftist in the media. Weak, finger- pointing, limp wristed, follow the crowd types against all conservatives. I thought you were supposed to be better than that, but you have fallen into the trap with the rest of the media who cannot even see the light of day on your own. Bill Maher should not be allowed on television, yet you don't even mention his indiscretions because you can't see them.

March 9, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Marilyn

I have always liked Montel but he acts like he doesn't contribute to america's decline. Everytime I see him have that stupid lady that thinks she can tell the future on his show, or his latest commercial about borrowing money so they can charge big interest. He is not innocent in the decline of America he is helping bring it down too. Wish him well.

March 9, 2012 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. David Foxworth

For Piers Morgan..Usually I do not watch your show due your bias. However I did see part of the show with Montiel Williams. And again it was a mistake, especially your remark re Russ Limbaugh. Ur criticism was correct. however your statement that you had never heard anything so appalling, reflects your liberal bias. Perhaps you've never listened to Bill Mahar, or to the black"ladies" from the House of Representatives? And many more on the radical left..? I served in the Marines for 22 years, and the majority of the Democratic Party disgust me,(some Republicans too !).I am 84 years old, and seeing my country destroy itself from the inside out.....it hurts !!!!!!!!!

March 9, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Pat Doyle

I so very much appreciated your political views this evening! Moreover, I realized how much I missed you. We need you to help America - help lead us with a strong voice in American politics. I pray you will be able to stand up for America as long as it doesn't jeopardize your heath! God Bless You. Please let me know how I can help. Love you lots and miss you on TV/.

March 9, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. nickles

Piers only thinks that the left has free speech,to say anything they want to. I thought in America,we had free speech. Only LIBERALS HAVE FREE SPEECH . They are always whinning about something. Does anyone have some pacifiers to give out. They can't cope with anything.I think they need to get a LIFE.

March 9, 2012 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. jamie

wow nice interview with montel, his view on health care was a breath of fresh air not just for the US but canada where i live. I have not been to a doctor in 10 years. i don't need to see one but i still pay. As for the wars we are all caught up in we have a highway of death from are main military base. To bring are kids home, but like montel said we have the same crap in politics that the US has but are leaders just rig elections instead of winning them. I think just like you its time to get rid of these life time politians.

March 9, 2012 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. craig visser

thank you montel for speaking the truth they are always very fast to send others kids off to fight and die with out knowing the cost of war they should go .

March 10, 2012 at 12:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Donna

I totally agree with you. Anyone who find this interview anything but passionate and truthful has a problem with the truth.

March 10, 2012 at 5:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pat Riot

So you support Ron Paul? Hes the only one that agrees with you.

March 10, 2012 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. bonnie

i agree with montel williams wholeheartedly. he said things i have been thinking for weeks.

March 10, 2012 at 1:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  19. Ed

Piers – thanks for your equality support. Would you ask some of these one issue religious leaders about other parts of the Bible – e.g., stoning children, mixing fabrics, eating shellfish, men cutting their hair, etc. I'm curious why they choose to express such anger at gay people yet conviently ignore so many other "teachings" in the Bible. Here's just one reference as an example: http://skepticsannotatedbible.com/dt/21.html ; notice the "21:15 If a man have two wives..." passage... oops, so much for that so often touted "one man one women" stuff.

March 10, 2012 at 1:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Pete

WHY WHY WHY when a guest says "the scriptures say" marriage is between a man a women does the host (that's you Piers) not challenge the guest with other scriptures regarding slavery, eating shellfish, stoning your children, etc.?

March 10, 2012 at 1:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. violet

Montel Williams showed such passion on the show tonight. I wish everyone could see and hear what he had to say about his 3 daughters and how no one has the right to say personal cruel things over the air about someone's chid simply for appearing in front of a congressional committee.. Montel Williams is a republican .

March 10, 2012 at 1:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Rex Elmers

Montel's a Republican like I'm from Mars. Why did Montel suggest Michele Bachmann kill herself? That wasn't very nice. That seems WAY worse than what Rush Limbaugh said about a 30-year old professional student and "reproductive rights activist" who was "testifying" in front of a fake sham session set up by Nancy Pelosi.

March 11, 2012 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ajay

Thank you so much for giving eyvoerne an extraordinarily memorable chance to read in detail from this website. It is always very excellent and as well , jam-packed with a lot of fun for me and my office peers to visit your site not less than 3 times every week to find out the latest secrets you will have. Of course, I am at all times pleased with all the fantastic concepts you give. Selected 3 points in this post are completely the simplest I have had.VA:F [1.9.17_1161]please wait...

June 27, 2012 at 10:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. beth

Mr. Montel Williams......why does everything America stands for have to be about "power" and "WAR" . America invades countries for their oil and their soldiers kill innocent women and children in the process.
    Maybe America will come right when they stop being such a 'BULLY" towards the rest of the world. Also why are there so many child murders in America.....it's really horrific what is going on in your country! You should be crying over that!
    As for Piers Morgan – your "political correctness" is getting sickening to listen to. Your wife must definitely wear the pants in your family because you are "whipped".

March 10, 2012 at 1:53 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Zool

hello there and thank you for your info ?I have certainly pieckd up something new from right here. I did however expertise several technical issues using this web site, as I experienced to reload the web site a lot of times previous to I could get it to load correctly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and can damage your high-quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords. Well I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much more of your respective interesting content. Make sure you update this again soon..

June 30, 2012 at 5:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  23. meg

Every time I try to watch Piers Morgan, I realized how very much I miss Larry King. Yes, I know Larry was a liberal, but he didn't wear it on his sleeve constantly. He let his guests actually talk without interjecting his own personal beliefs constantly. Piers, how you could have just sat there and let Montel rant on about the Republiicans and name calling was abomnible. I certainly don't approve of the gutter talk on EITHER side, but why don't you call out all the democrats who have resorted to crass name-calling. Oh, that's right. Only Republicans do that. And yeah, Obama didn't serve in the military either, Montel.

March 10, 2012 at 3:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Kevin

Everything he said is what Ron Paul has been trying to say all along but no one embraces him? Dumb Americans.

March 10, 2012 at 3:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Pat Riot

Yes its like we are screaming into space where no one can hear us :(
      bunch of air heads. Sucking off the government teat and scared of the boogieman. Ladies and gentleman, Your government is the boggiest men. not only that, but you cant suck milk out of the teat of a man, you just end up with hair in your teeth.

Also, if we are fighting a war on terror, why are we not helping our friend, Mexico, rid it self of the most dangerous group of terrorist this side of the equator by getting rid of our drug laws? Why are we still buying Oil from "terrorist" countries!? Because my friends, we are not in a war on terror. The only thing to fear, is fear itself.

March 10, 2012 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • I_being_Ce#$#red

You are correct. and they are afraid very very afraid.. -_- THE PIGS ARE WALKING!

March 12, 2012 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  25. Judy ODonnell

I cannot resist sharing my disgust with Piers Morgan as a host replacing the great Larry King. Bad choice. Mr. Morgan is condescending, passive aggressive, a terrible interviewer and host, and I would safely say antiAmerican (while ranting that he "loves AMerica but...". "only in America..." Most recently he has asked the same questions of all of his guests yet I would assume that each guest was invited there to speak about something unique to them. He can't get away from the Kirk Cameron issue even though most of his guests just have not seen the interview. He insists on tolerance from his guests and yet has none for anybody with an opinion remotely different from his.
    BUT my biggest issue is his lack of professionalism and obvious inability to conduct an interview. He does not want to hear anybody but himself.
    Try again CNN.
    I would love to know what Larry King thinks.

March 10, 2012 at 9:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. Blake

Piers I like your show and your excellent variety of guests. Larry King was a nice guy and his show was almost a feel good celbrity thing. Your interviews strike at the heart of all those questions people want asked. I chuckled when you said you were a conservative (and you are in England) and Backmann winced in a negative way! Americas right and America's neo-conservative fundamentalists are so far right of you Piers – have you not seen that? Keep up the good work.

March 10, 2012 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. lori

I get pretty tired of montel telling how everything clicked for him about 7 mos ago- and only mentioning nutrition. Wasn't 7 mos ago when he had the ccsvi ? That has helped many of us- alot or a little. What about the upper cervical chiro? I could use that- or the daily pot smoking- that could help me too!! He is telling only half a story- and that makes it hard on the rest of us. I wish all of the facts were told!

March 10, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Terry

I like Montel Williams ,I don't agree with everything he says but Im tolerate and he has the right to say what he believes. But the interview with Pastor Mark Driscoll was terrible. Piers ask the questions and then answered them. He also told the Pastor what to believe. It was the worst interview I have EVER seen. Larry King never treated his quest like that. They were just that, quest.

March 10, 2012 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lilith

Hi Mr.Montell Williams i been trying so many times to loan some money for a short term cash for my bills and my rent but seems that i cant onnlie.They keep putting me to lots of lenders,it is so hard for me noow cause i work by myself and my husband is not working right now,my work cut my hours so i really need your help right now.I still need help,please.

May 20, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. George Hofer

Hi Piers Morgan.
    I was watching you interview Montel Williams on Mar 9. and he was telling you how he helps him self with MS, that Yellow stuff that you were drinking, He said what it was, but I could not understand what it is made off. so could you please email the stuff that he mixes , It helps to get the fat in the stomach.disapear. Thanks George.

March 10, 2012 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Liz

Yes! Please post or send the information about that supplement!

March 10, 2012 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • jack

it's called Safslim.

March 12, 2012 at 4:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  30. Scott

Montel Williams condemns Rush Limbaugh, but then he refuses to apologize for saying that Michelle Bachmann should slit her throat? Shame on him.

March 11, 2012 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • ARALE NORIMAKI

You know that very few individuals, which doesn't include Romney or Santorum, have actually spoken out about this unnecessary, unwarranted abuse on women? They'll remember who the misogynists are come election time

Why did Howard Stern get fired from CC?

From the moment when Clear Channel Communications suspended Howard Stern’s syndicated morning show from the company’s radio stations, denouncing it as “vulgar, offensive and insulting,” speculation erupted that the move had more to do with Stern’s politics than his raunchy shock-jock shtick.

Stern’s loyal listeners, Clear Channel foes and many Bush administration critics immediately reached the same conclusion: The notorious jock was yanked off the air because he had recently begun trashing Bush, and Bush-friendly Clear Channel used the guise of “indecency” to shut him up

March 11, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. Lori Batchelor

This interview really angered me. First of all, Montel never once mentioned the REAL reason that his MS has improved so dramatically–he had venous angioplasty to relieve his chronic cerebrospinal venous insufficiency (CCSVI). This is a vascular condition that has been found to be linked to MS and thousands of people have seen improvements, some even more dramatic than Montel, following treatment. I'm glad he is following a diet that is useful for maintaining his veins, but the supplement he is pitching is for the maintenance of his veins following the procedure and not what "caused" the improvement. I know he can't make money promoting this medical procedure but I feel he is betraying others with MS by not being completely honest. I'm also very disappointed that Piers Morgan just gave him a national platform to sell a product, misleading everybody.

March 11, 2012 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  32. arale norimkai

You control our world. You’ve poisoned the air we breathe, contaminated the water we drink, and copyrighted the food we eat. We fight in your wars, die for your causes, and sacrifice our freedoms to protect you. You’ve liquidated our savings, destroyed our middle class, and used our tax dollars to bailout your unending greed. We are slaves to your corporations, zombies to your airwaves, servants to your decadence. You’ve stolen our elections, assassinated our leaders, and abolished our basic rights as human beings. You own our property, shipped away our jobs, and shredded our unions. You’ve profited off of disaster, destabilized our currencies, and raised our cost of living. You’ve monopolized our freedom, stripped away our education, and have almost extinguished our flame. We are hit… we are bleeding… but we ain’t got time to bleed. We will bring the giants to their knees and you will witness our revolution!

Rebloodicans /democrips party

jesse ventura

To the politicians War is good for business invest own your children!

How come politicians never join the military when they are sending other people children to war?

March 11, 2012 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Nora

I hold a lot of respect for Montel Williams, but his thoughts and opinions are just his, so why is everybody knocking him for expressing them? Some of you have brought up Sarah Palin and the way she was treated, well how about Gerri Ferrar, and Hillary Clinton, the warriors of the womens plight. The media is dominated by males and they continuously knock women for their dress, hair, makeup, you name it but rarely knock the guys for their balding heads, or protruding bellies, and yellowing teeth.Yeah, Yeah they knock John Edwards for his expensive haircuts, big deal!

March 11, 2012 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • arale norimaki

Sarah Palin is a complete idiot and an American embarrassment. she is a joke, a laughing stock. It's entertaining. Sarah Palin is mean spirited and completely phony, a quitter, and an imbicile.

March 11, 2012 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Elaine Bersoza

Sarah Palin does not think like you so she is to be detested? What has she ever done to you personally?

March 12, 2012 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  34. Jenny

Did Obama serve in the military?

March 11, 2012 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Debbie

Because I'm open-minded, I turned on the Piers Morgan show tonight and really saw tonight your bias along with Montel Williams against those Americans that value human life, family values and the christian way of life........Unbelievable........thank goodness, I still have the choice to turn off CNN.

March 11, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. Rex Elmers

I'm confused. Montel says that his suggestion to Ms. Bachmann that she kill herself is not nearly as bad as what Rush did said??? Huh??? That's liberal logic right there. Piers Morgan's antagonizing tone with Pastor Driscoll was annoying. But, I wish the pastor would have told him, Hey, I'm not running in a popularity contest, I'm trying to serve God. Jesus said, in Matthew 10:34 that he was going to be the reason for a lot of relational difficulties. You either embrace Him, or you don't. Liberals are intimidated by a committed, spirit-filled Christian and have to name-call them in order to try and categorize them.

March 11, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Elaine Bersoza

I watched Piers this evening and was glad to see Mr. Williams as a guest; however, I was very disappointed that the two of them mentioned Rush as being offensive to women. I do not condone what Rush said about the Fluke girl and I was waiting to hear what they had to say about Maher and his vitriolic spewing, name-calling, low-class opinions but of course they made no mention of him. Why are the general news media protecting Maher? He is extremely offensive! Now he should be taken off the air, in my opinion.

March 12, 2012 at 12:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  38. I_being_Ce#$#red

Ok so I just have one question for CNN Journalist and such. Now Please be honest with us Americans. WHY?!? is there only about 5 minutes of the Montel Williams interview available? That of which only 4 is about his amazing diet plan, and 1:15 is about none of the republican candidates serving in the military ( but more importantly their quick implication to send Americans to wars) That's it nothing else out approximantely 20+ minute Call to Arms from Montel. and yet. when I search for Kony ( in the same search engine) there is an 8 min video from the survivor interview, 12 minutes available from the Creators and over half a dozen 3+ minute video clips about "kony goes viral"! So I ask you again Why?

Your CENSORSHIP Has NOT gone unoticed!!!!!! -_____-

March 12, 2012 at 12:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
  39. Cathlene

I LOVE Montel Williams comments!!! He's a breath of fresh air! Thanks for giving him a platform to speak! I hope we will hear more from him.

March 12, 2012 at 1:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cuquita

There needs to be more people like Montel, soolooo many people of status are closet smokers, more of them need to step up and show the rest of the world that marijuana isn't harmful

May 22, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  40. Judee

I love Montel Williams–i'm happy he's doing well living with MS. I agree with the comments he said about politicians slinging mud when our men and women serving overseas are being maimed and killed. I google Montel (interestingly enough, he lives in Jackson, TN near me where his wife is from), and the interview in 2009 by Dr. Oz is interesting–he said his fruits and vegetables may only help 2% and his MS symptoms were so bad he even attempted suicide by jumping in front of a NYC taxi.

March 12, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Charles Moore

I was just cruising the channels and saw Montel Williams . and stopped fora few minutes. I put on a uniform for twenty years. I used to have a lot of respect for Montel and lost it tonight. He mentioned Limbaugh but not Maher using the "C" word,Of course, Piers didn't correct him. Just another Republican bashing show, He is so concerned about "we the people" ,however, he didn't mention that the Senate controlled by the Democrats have shelved over 25 pieces of major legislation passed by the Republican House and not even allowed a vote. What about "we the people" who elected these Senators and don;t get to hear their positions . How do you spell "hypocrisy". Just another Republican bashing show.

March 12, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  42. scott

"lack of tolerance" is much more important than "properly in love"
    Thanks Piers!!!

March 12, 2012 at 3:43 am | Report abuse | Reply
  43. : )

Thank you. We need more people like Montel on your show who are not afraid to speak the truth as it is.
    It is shameful to see all the Rupublican leaders lie away wanting to kill and nuke Iran yet calling them self Christians except Ron Paul. Let us not forget our men and women were killed by Bushes lie looking for WMD nothing Christian like killing your own and 1.60 million innocent people is there?
    Free America, free media.

March 12, 2012 at 7:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  44. tangonut

Montel made a clarion call for a health turnaround in the nation last night- he is a hero. This is how a LOT of us think.
    ".........By the people, FOR THE PEOPLE".......
    What a great human being!!
    Thanks for having him on the show

March 12, 2012 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Charles

Want to see a major problem in this Country . Look in the mirror.. Montel talked about only the Republican Politicians who don;t serve in the Military and don't send their sons while not mentioning the chief Democrat in the Oval office who has never had any kind of Military service and dissing Limbaugh while not mentioning Maher who called Palin the "C:" word which is much more derogatory to Women or Brown calling Whitman a "wh–e".He is a hypocrite

March 12, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  45. Hasan

Call Your Local Walmart Store(Pharmacy) They have a program for $4.00 Medications in Most States. Try ainlclg GlaxcoSmith also. Walmart Pharmacy is a very new program, so call and see if you have the program where you live.

April 2, 2012 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  46. Donna

I'd also like to state that most individuals who find thseeelvms with no health insurance are generally students, self-employed and those that are jobless. More than half of those uninsured are really under the age of 35. They do not sense they are requiring health insurance simply because they're young along with healthy. Their own income is often spent on housing, food, and entertainment. Many people that do work either whole or part-time are not given insurance via their jobs so they move without owing to the rising tariff of health insurance in the country. Thanks for the thoughts you share through your blog.VA:F [1.9.17_1161]please wait...

June 27, 2012 at 9:24 am | Report abuse | Reply