Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 12th, 2012

Pastor Mark Driscoll on why he didn't become a priest: "The vow of life-long celibacy wouldn't have worked for me"

On Friday, "Piers Morgan Tonight" invited Pastor Mark Driscoll to the program for a remarkably candid and honest discussion on faith and relationships.

The author of a new book, "Real Marriage," Driscoll endorses intimacy between a husband and wife:

"If you're married, you should enjoy one another. And it helps to safeguard the marriage from all kinds of problems," Driscoll tells host Piers Morgan.

A former Catholic who has since adopted a more "Protestant position," Driscoll explains his personal path:

"I couldn't have become a priest, because the vow of life-long celibacy wouldn't have worked for me.

Watch the clip, and listen to the interview, as Driscoll details the ways in which he looks at "biblical principles" and stays "faithful to the scriptures."

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. Frank

I thought Piers Morgan did a horrible interview with Pastor Mark Driscoll. Piers would ask question and not let the pastor answer the question fully. Piers was trying to trap Pastor Mark is saying something that altered the meaning of the book. Then Piers didn't even talk much about the book and the meaning behind it, but rather push so many question on the Pastor about other issue. On the interview before with Nick Cannon, Piers allowed him to talk and explain his life and how Cannon and his wife were, but when it comes to a topic about GOD or a Pastor Explaining GOD, Piers didn't want to hear it. If he is going to have Pastors on his TV Program, Piers needs to give the same respect as to all guest. I was Mad and discouraged about Piers Morgan, because of that I will no longer watch his TV Program. Piers just wants to give his on opinions and not here what the Pastor had to say about the goodness of Christ. Shame on CNN and Piers Morgan.

March 12, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Teresa

Wholeheartedley agree with you...

March 12, 2012 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dre

I agree. Here I am thinking Pierce Morgan was an intellectual host, but he has turned off probably 50% of his viewers, not just Christians, but those who appreciate an intellectual and yet exciting interview/discussion. Never had any high expectations for the show but still thought you were better than this: Pierce & CNN.

May 17, 2012 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Alfredo

Piers Morgan is not a journalist, he is a sensationalist. He should be working for the Enquirer or some other british pop star or Hollywood "newspaper" or TV show. He is not serious at all. He obviously tries to trap his guests into saying politically incorrect things to rise his ratings or have his viewers respond with passionate views. I didn't appreciate what he did to Kirk Cameron and I thought it was cowardly and unprofesional the way he quoted Kirk later with other guests and destroyed him.

January 5, 2013 at 4:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Carlos

What a disgusting journalist....

March 12, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Elena

Piers is not professional journalist. Every time he invites a pastor he tries to twist every word out of their mouth and shows his aggression. To be honest, i don`t know how CNN allows this kind of behavior. Very disturbing.

March 13, 2012 at 7:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. JD

WHAT?! CNN viewers that respect faith AND hold CNN to journalistic standards!? Did someone say it was my birthday??

March 14, 2012 at 1:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Muhammad

Wonderfully relaxing video, Piers! Really helps get rid of my rtsess. Been having a lot of headaches lately and your videos work better than headache medicine. I appreciate every video you make, thanks. p.s. How are your cats doing?

April 3, 2012 at 11:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Sidney Pozzuoli

I’m not sure where you’re getting your information, but good topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding more. Thanks for fantastic info I was looking for this info for my mission.

May 16, 2012 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Kaior

My coder is trying to cocvinne me to move to .net from PHP. I have always disliked the idea because of the costs. But he's tryiong none the less. I've been using Movable-type on a variety of websites for about a year and am nervous about switching to another platform. I have heard great things about blogengine.net. Is there a way I can transfer all my wordpress content into it? Any help would be really appreciated!

June 27, 2012 at 11:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Michaela

he helped raise for an imtanport part of her life… GASP! “E’Dena wants Morgan’s baby,” a close source told The Enquirer. “She believes that will give her a final hold on Morgan and, after his divorce with Myrna is

May 21, 2012 at 12:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Ali

that, I beg your pardon, besuace I do not subscribe to your entire plan, all be it refreshing none the less. It appears to us that your commentary are actually not entirely justified and in fact you are generally yourself not really thoroughly certain of the argument. In any case I did take pleasure in reading it.

June 27, 2012 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. louis vuiton

You are my inhalation , I own few web logs and sometimes run out from to post .

July 2, 2012 at 4:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. build quality website

Excellent post, very informative. I'm wondering why the opposite experts of this sector don't understand this. You must proceed your writing. I'm confident, you have a great readers' base already!|What's Taking place i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It absolutely useful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & assist different users like its aided me. Great job.

July 9, 2012 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Jaylinw Piccuillog

I might also like to state that most individuals who find themselves with out health insurance are usually students, self-employed and those that are jobless. More than half from the uninsured are under the age of Thirty-five. They do not feel they are wanting health insurance because they're young plus healthy. The income is often spent on real estate, food, as well as entertainment. Many people that do work either 100 % or part-time are not made available insurance by way of their jobs so they get along without with the rising valuation on health insurance in the United States. Thanks for the ideas you discuss through this website.

July 28, 2012 at 11:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. CCD/3D Wheel aligner

I loved up to you'll receive performed proper here. The sketch is tasteful, your authored material stylish. nevertheless, you command get got an edginess over that you want be delivering the following. sick for sure come more in the past again since precisely the similar just about very ceaselessly within case you defend this increase.

August 9, 2012 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. baby crib

hello there and thanks to your information ? I have certainly picked up anything new from proper here. I did then again experience several technical issues the use of this website, as I skilled to reload the site many occasions prior to I could get it to load properly. I have been brooding about if your web host is OK? No longer that I am complaining, but slow loading cases times will very frequently affect your placement in google and could damage your quality rating if ads and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I'm including this RSS to my email and can look out for much more of your respective interesting content. Ensure that you update this once more very soon..

September 13, 2012 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. google

Hi there, i read your blog from time to time and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam feedback? If so how do you prevent it, any plugin or anything you can advise? I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any assistance is very much appreciated. google http://google.com

April 1, 2013 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Rich

Why is Piers Morgan so unkind, rude, abrupt, negative and disgruntled towards the Bible and people who follow it – if you don't like it Piers and you don't understand it, nor the people who follow it, perhaps you should stop talking about it and stop inviting guests onto your show if you can't treat them with dignity and respect – unless you do it for ratings which is really sad. Piers is the Bill O'Reilly of the left – both of them are bullies towards people who don't agree with their viewpoints and both of them contribute to the heaps of negativity in the world today – both of them need to go away.

October 25, 2013 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. celebrity photographers

Now i'm sincerely taking the type as well as structure of the web-site. It could be wonderful

December 5, 2013 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. grozny wypadek

w ciagu. Takie udogodnienia zapewniaja.

March 2, 2014 at 7:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Trey Villasana

Helpful info. Fortunate me I discovered your web site accidentally, and I'm surprised why this accident did not took place earlier! I bookmarked it.

May 20, 2014 at 2:35 am | Report abuse | Reply