Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 13th, 2012

Luis Fortuno on being a potential VP candidate: "Wolf I love my job"

As Guest Host Week continues this evening, CNN's Wolf Blitzer stands in for Piers Morgan, anchoring a special midnight edition of the program.

Following in the footsteps of Jane Lynch – who set an awfully high bar on Monday – the host of "The Situation Room" welcomes Governor Luis Fortuno to "Piers Morgan Tonight" for an engaging discussion on GOP politics.

A Mitt Romney surrogate, the Republican governor from the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico is considered a rising star in the party, and has been mentioned as a potential vice presidential candidate.

"It is not about the faces that actually are going to be seen in our ticket in November. It's about the values that will be behind those faces," insists Fortuno. "And the Hispanic community share many values with the Republican Party, we just have to stress those regardless of which faces will appear on our ticket."

As Blitzer further presses Fortuno on his political aspirations, he receives a classic politicians answer:

"Wolf I love my job. And I really, I want to stay here if I can. I really enjoy what I'm doing. I'm looking forward to another four years."

Tune in this evening for a special midnight edition of "Piers Morgan Tonight," as Blitzer asks Fortuno about his faith in Romney on the heels of Rick Santorum's primary wins in Alabama and Mississippi.

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Guest Host Week
  1. Peter Guillena

i'm a canadian from nova scotia, so i believe i can question this... I understand the want and desire of any politician to be the leader of the party after the convention, but what i can't understand is why Mr. Paul and Mr. Gingrich just don't swallow their pride and back out and ask their followers to back who they feel is the best choice for leadership. Wouldn't it be great if the convention came forward and the only two choices were one moderate or one conservative, wouldn't it great if the could agree to run together, the stronger candidate running for president and the weaker as his running mate. I mean, really, is it just too hard for them to comprehend. All i know is, time to start finding a candidate for 2016, because right now, unless they stop the chaos, they are just handing the president four more years. I doubt if i'm the only who believes this.... looking forward to see what happens in the following weeks.

March 14, 2012 at 12:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Brutus

Please, recruit him for Vice-President and free PR from his Republicanism and misgovernment, Please, Please free the island from this guy.

March 14, 2012 at 11:29 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Dan

Best VP Choice by far.

March 15, 2012 at 10:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Jonathan

Can someone please answer this question for me please?: Is he even elegible to be VP? I mean, say something happens to the President, wouldn't he have to step in afterward? I thought people who weren't born on the mainland couldn't be president? I know he's an American citizen but how does it apply to being born in US territories, considering Puerto Rico is a colony?

March 18, 2012 at 11:40 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Alison Trazzera

Really? The US Territory of PR is in shambles. Population decreasing by the second.....animal welfare non-existent....oh but hell......the Dupont factory done in time for the election. I love the people of Puerto Rico, and they deserve to be a State which is run effectively......unless we endorse him as VP, then the StateS can be run like PR. Ugh. Seriously.

March 28, 2012 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Dr, Salvatore Trazzera

how are we related?

August 3, 2012 at 4:05 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. one stop one shop

Excellent goods from you, man. I have keep in mind your stuff prior to and you're simply extremely fantastic. I really like what you've got right here, certainly like what you're saying and the way through which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still care for to stay it sensible. I can not wait to read far more from you. This is really a great web site.

September 27, 2012 at 7:28 am | Report abuse | Reply