Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

Piers Morgan reveals himself as a fashion trendsetter and budding film star
March 19th, 2012

Piers Morgan reveals himself as a fashion trendsetter and budding film star

The latest edition of Piers Morgan's weekly diary as published in the U.K.'s "Daily Mail" is out.

Titled "Bill Roache said he's slept with many more than 100 women. He's the Bill Wyman of TV," the CNN host reveals himself as a fashion trendsetter and budding film star.

Referencing a recent magazine article, the host of "Piers Morgan Tonight" admits that while he's surprised to find himself mentioned amongst England's best-dressed, he isn't exactly complaining:

"Ozwald Boateng, arguably the coolest designer in Britain, today named his Top Ten great British male style icons in this very magazine – and to general astonishment, not least to myself, he included me at number ten. It’s not often I’ve seen myself in the same list as David Bowie, Michael Fassbender, Daniel Day-Lewis, Sir Winston Churchill and Tinie Tempah. Ozwald’s explanatory citation read: ‘Since moving to CNN, Piers’ sense of style has evolved dramatically...He’s now one of the best-dressed men on TV...Piers seems to make the right decisions every time. He knows instinctively what looks good on him. With or without a tie, his suits give him this quiet authority that sits well with him as a host.’ I have absolutely nothing I wish to add to this. I just wanted to repeat it, in full, in case you missed it the first time."

Elsewhere in Mr. Morgan's recently penned journal, the author touches upon his upcoming appearances on the silver screen. As usual, his tone is the perfect hybrid of hubris and humility:

"Hot on the heels of being asked to shoot two scenes for Denzel Washington’s new thriller, I’ve now been asked to interview Will Ferrell on my CNN studio set in New York for a forthcoming comedy based on a scandal-hit politician. So I could end up starring in more hit films this summer than Hugh Grant – which will doubtless give him something else to whine about. I don’t know where all this big-screen work is leading. But let’s just say that a) I know Daniel Craig’s getting bored with playing James Bond, and b) I’ve spent the past six years in America being mistaken for Pierce Brosnan."

For more of Morgan's musings – including his reaction to Davis Guggenheim's 17-minute Barack Obama documentary – read the entire diary entry here.

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Across The Pond
  1. Charles Ramadan

THE RUSSIANS HAVE LANDED BY AIR AND SEA ONTO THE SYRIAN SHORES OF TARTOUS AND IN THE CITY OF DAMASCUSS AND WHY ARE WE HEARING ANDERSON COOPER TALKING ABOUT SOMEONE STEALING TOILET PAPER? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE AND HOW DEEP ARE YOU INVOLVED IN THIS COVER UP GAME ?

March 19, 2012 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Zelda

This Brit should pack his bags and get back across the pond as quickly as he can. He is with out a doubt the rudest man I have ever hear. He looks like he smells something awful. He sure has a lame outlook. Talking over some one you invited
      to be a guest and all you really want to do is insult the. I guess I should not be surprised coming from a rag of a newspaper as you have. I think you are going to get a free tick to England, maybe even a little to get the hell outta her'

March 21, 2013 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. : )

Mrs Santorum sure wants to be in the White House and will say any thing she is told sadly.
    Are any of the Santorum children willing to go to war because Daddy is trigger happy and not truthfully.
    Fact check com
    Love America vote wisely.

March 19, 2012 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Paula Ohlmann

Really! Typical fat cat white republican politician- Scott Brown's comment insinuating women are watching Piers Morgan/CNN only because Piers is handsome. This is what is wrong with most male politicians. I can't believe a politician would actually say this on primetime tv!

March 19, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lori

I, for one, as a democratic woman from Boston, do not think Piers Morgan is handsome. Whassup? Scott jealous?

March 20, 2012 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Mario gonzalez

Mr Morgan

You love to discuss the social or gossip issues instead of the most important topics that you need to ask. Mrs Satorum was professional and you keep hammering her about women's rights issues. How about American debt, foreclosures, jobs, etc. America's problems should be the main topic of the questions you need to ask, Mr Morgan. Oh yea! Mr Morgan is NOT an American and doesn't have the true pulse of American problems. So CNN, need to get someone else. Larry was a true professional and Mr Morgan's British ideas or questions he asks may work better in England but its not what we expect from CNN. It's becoming a gossip network.

Just my two cents
    Mario

March 19, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Marge

Thanks, Piers, for commenting on the movie industry. I go to the movies every Friday–it's my entertainment for the week. The movies that are put out now make me wonder what's happened to the minds of today. I went to see the "21 Jump" and only lasted about 15 minutes and walked out. I knew I shouldn't even go, but I thought I'd give it a try, since Ebert said it was funny ... well, NOT! Please, movie industry, bring back some intelligent good movies and quit trying to placate the 'empty' minds out there. My most enjoyment seems to come from Foreign films ... they always have a good story and are done very well. Addressing the other comments here - I love the fact that you're British and don't play 'American' politics by trying to say the right thing. You ask questions that all of us want to know the answer to. I watch you nightly - thanks!

March 19, 2012 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Cliff Richardson

I wonder if Pier Morgan ,during his newpaper years constantly refered to the Queen as "Elizabeth" or Prime minister Thacher ,as "Tacher" It is disrespectfull of Piers to constantly refer to the President as Barack , Barack , Barack I never once heard him say President Obama NEVER ! As to Fashion ? get a Grip Pier you are very low on the list of well dressed men. Trust me I have been on Wall Street and in London ! plus I am Trinidadian !! Fareed Zakaria and Bill Moyers always say Obama but they also refer to him as President Obama. Have some respect its a British tradition !!

March 20, 2012 at 11:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Kent Hughes

Piers, I really enjoy your show. As a white male, I tend to agree with the black commentator's comment who appeared on your show tonight. There is NO way a white person can truly relate to or empathize with the Black Experience in America – there is no way a White British rich person can have the same feelings as a Black American. While I commend you for having someone on the show to express their opinions, questioning their beliefs and life experience, and assuming you understand how they feel - whether they are right are wrong – is arrogant and insensitive.

March 30, 2012 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Petra Weiz

Good for Morgan to be fair and fact based in his interview with this African American guy that was berating him on TV, and attacking him out of anger and uncontrolled hate. I have a new respect for you Morgan.

March 31, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Rodney Chalfant

Good for you Morgan as you did a fair job in interviewing all the facts to this case. Toure' is a young man who hasn't yet found his place in life as journalism isn't his niche. I've asked his news organization to Fire him immediately before he brings the Fox like reporting image to NBC. He was a . . . . & Pierce I'm a minister of the Gospel, Retired U.S Army Chaplain, who is white married to an African American women with several teenage children which most attend College finishing their degree's in the medial field wanting to be Physicians like their mother. This young man stepped out of bounce.

Pierce You have the best news program on not just CNN, but all of television. I can see that your a father & husband first, your an A+ reporter who knows how to tell the Stories of the day with facts, and you are a person of integrity. Don't let anyone tell you different. We support your

March 31, 2012 at 5:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Rodney Chalfant

program daily. Keep up the good work. A+ reporting all week.

Your friends from Sunny Orlando, FL

March 31, 2012 at 5:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Rodney Chalfant

Ps. Toure' doesn't represent the African American race as he throw racial slurs at you on your show last night saying that your a English man that doesn't . . . This young man needs to be humbled by going back to school and learning how to communicate to all people as he doesn't even know how to communicate to his own race. Yes, my family is half white and half black, but this young man crossed a lot of lines which made us ashamed of our own race. His voice needs to be silenced before he causes the Black Panthers to come out of hibernation. I know who the Black Panthers are as I'm on their list because I married a black women. This doesn't effect my relationship with my wife or my family, but this young man sounds like one of Malcolm X followers from the 1960's. Where is Martin Luther King Jr. in all of this?

March 31, 2012 at 5:32 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Jennifer Daniel

OMG ! Piers you have lost it ! You are totally out of control. Your program tonight put the nail in your coffin for me. Your over the top leftist views are rediculous. Car Insurance v health care ....really . I am an independent voter and do not appreciate your Obama bias.Is it impossible to keep your views to yourself ? Give us all a program with the views of any guest without you going mad. You had zero respect for any of your guests tonight. I am embarrassed for you !

July 2, 2012 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. John

Pierce- The Texas Medical Center in Houston was shut in a storm several years back, 'several hospital, not just one. It was a state disaster. It happen for the same reason as what happen with Bellview. " This has happened before and if they had paid attention to what happened in Houston, this would not be the case at Bellview. Check your records, it was a major incident in Houston!!

October 31, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. David Cook

Mr. Morgan, if you don't like OUR laws here in America, LEAVE, you asked to come here and now you complain about our gun laws?? Take your sniveling, whining butt out of America!!

December 3, 2012 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. katarungan

he should be deported.

December 24, 2012 at 1:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
  16. Allan

Mr. Morgan, Your comments regarding the Bible as "inherently flawed" along with needing "amendments changing its stance" are quite pompous to say the least. When will you have on your show an Imam to tell him the same about the Koran? Not at all likely is it?

December 28, 2012 at 8:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Bombar

Heve you ever heard of Amanda Collins and her ordeal?

February 22, 2013 at 10:30 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. Ronald Mikita

Mr Morgan would be speaking German if it wasn't for the hundreds of thousands American fighting men who saved England from Hitler. His smug demeanor while telling us what to do about our 2nd amendment rights is not appreciated by his U S listeners. He should apologize to us for overt MEDDLING! His snobbish facial expressions and enunciation is demeaning.. He's supposed to report news, not engage in left-wing politics..

September 17, 2013 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply