Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 26th, 2012

Clips From Friday: Gloria Allred subpoenas Piers Morgan, shares her views on unfaithful politicians

American attorney, civil rights activist and feminist Gloria Allred and her daughter, lawyer and television personality Lisa Bloom, sat down with Piers Morgan for a very lively and candid discussion on "hot-button" issues such as abortion and gay rights.

Always the passionate crusader for equality, Allred leveled the interview playing field on behalf of the "Piers Morgan Tonight" audience by handing Piers a subpoena to answer his own signature question, "How many times you have been properly in love?" "Take it like a woman," Allred said to Piers regarding the deposition on his life love. "In other words, with courage and strength."

Earlier in the program Allred shared her views on unfaithful politicians and how they should "not be hypocrites" when addressing the American public:

"If they've played around, if they've had an affair, just put it out there and the public will decide whether they think it matters or not."

-–

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. Wellington Stewart Holder

Piers: Can you research the comments President Obama made after the horrific incident in which Rep. Gabrielle Giffords was shot, and almost killed.I would like for u to specifically research the President's comments when he referenced the death of the little girl who was unfortunately killed in said incident. Please compare the President's comments about the little girl in said incident, to that of the comments he (President) recently made about the tragic death of Trayvon Martin. My question: Was there anything racially, and, or politically divisive in the Presifent's comments about the unfortunate,and tragic death of that beautiful little girl? If so, can you find any comment(s) from Gingrich,Santorum,and Romney about the President's comments then? Please share your findings with the viewing publicThanks!

March 26, 2012 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • RevRunn

Well said Wellington Stewart Holder! Dont you all think years of sitting in church listening to a anit white and anit American pastor had some influence on his thinking?

March 27, 2012 at 10:41 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Ronny

Krishna Sir, Nice to hear from you about our village.Although we are away,we alywas eagar to hear & see prosperity of Ghandruk and the Ghandruke.Thank you very much and hopeto hear from you very soon. Krishna Gurung Kot Gaon(residing in The U.K.)

May 20, 2012 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Cnn User 2931112

Wellington Stewart Holder: F¬ck off.

March 26, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Republican Voter

WELL SAID!!!

March 27, 2012 at 8:11 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Missoula

Wow - what a logical well thought out statement – it just shows everyone how intelligent you are with such an argument. I am sure everyone is amazed at such logic and is at this very moment changing their thinking.

March 28, 2012 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Steve

Who cares who Pierce has on tonight. It will just end up in a religion bashing session.

Cannot wait for this ignorant Brit to be canceled and gets sent back home.

March 26, 2012 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Science And Reason

If you believe in God, you're the one who's ignorant.

March 26, 2012 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • CC

OOOOH snap. Good burn! It's true though. You are the ignorant one. Truth hurts bruh.

March 26, 2012 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
      • spoton

Comment is spot on! F#$% religion.

March 26, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
      • mike

no one can come to the Father unless they are drawn by his spirit. the bible says that the god of this world has blinded the mind of the unbelievers. don't allow satan to discourage u. Satan comes only to steal , kill , and destroy but Jesus has come to give u life . Jesus is the way, the way , the truth and the life and no one comes to the Father unless they show respect and honor for the SON of GOD first Please know that GOD loves u and cares for u. Don't listen to the religious folks of this day. Get yourself and bible and humble yourself before God. His yoke is easy and his burdens are light.

March 27, 2012 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
      • Menicy

Who says I want to "come to the Father"? The same father that says Thou shall not just and then tells people to judge or deem others as sinners for not believing the same as they do do? Right.....
        I would choose a different religion, but you all seem to be on the same hypocritic path.

March 27, 2012 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
      • Hans

Hello Science and Reason,
        With few words, you say everything IMPORTANT !
        Have a nice day, Hans

March 27, 2012 at 6:40 pm | Report abuse |
      • Sakonkiet

Mze apne phn pr ivr sewa active krawni hai...aur yhe jan na hai ki isme daily bapu ji ka live satsang sun skte hai kya.. Monthly rent kitna hai Plz tell me

May 22, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hans

What are you afraid of ? The Mirage in the Sky ? Mama Mia, someone but a lot of fear in you ! HH

April 3, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Anabella

sam tagai ko ug link ani inong mga earning mnchiaes beh? izea ra man ug blogsvertise akoang nabaw an ani? i hope i can earn too from oDesk and direct client. unsaon man ni?tnax sam for saharing these info.

May 20, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Republican Voter

Hello my fellow Republican Party. I am just letting you know that Obama is getting my vote this year. If you vote anyone of those two T ur ds into office, well lets just say this, The Mayans had it right.

March 27, 2012 at 8:15 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Gesstt

Mike, please stop the fairy tale garbage. There is no SON of GOD. It's all made up.

March 27, 2012 at 10:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Hans

Thank you very much GESSTT for your great comment ! Can you believe there are people like Mike around US ?
      Have a great day, Hans

March 27, 2012 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. AJR

"If you could reason with religious people, there would be no religious people."

March 27, 2012 at 10:37 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • JG

It's funny that you say that because people that 'reason' have become just as blindly stubborn about conclusions that others used reason to come to.
      In fact some of the same people that used reason to come to these conclusions that people blindly defend have since decided that the universe is too complex to have occured randomly, they haven't necessarily joined any particular faith, but they find it quite clear that the universe could not exist in it's current state without intelligent interference.

Why? For several combined reasons, the universe exists and remains within tolerances so fine that even excluding the existence of life the odds of it existing at all are so ludicrously low as to make it unbelievable.
      Then within living organisms there are elements that are essential to the existence of life such as the flajellar motor. Without it a significant portion of living creatures simply would not exist, and the flajellar motor has 23 irreducably complex components within it, which is to say without even one of these 23 parts it would have no function whatsoever and therefore due to the principles upon which evolutionary theory is based would have to have had all 23 of those components fit together in their exact formation in one go or have been rendered useless and discarded. Also, none of those 23 components has a use anywhere else in the organism and couldn't have been borrowed from somewhere else, and had to be made for their purpose. The consequence of this failure is that the orgnism dies because the flajellar motor wasn't successfully evolved. Because the orgnism is now dead, there is no genetic record of the attempt to make the motor and therefore no step by step progress in it's evolution. It's a case of all or nothing.
      Then comes the current theory of the formation of the universe, which essentially reads like this. There was before the universe existed something called the unified force, then for no apparent reason the big band occurs, within the first moments of everything (time had hitherto not existed) the unified force splits and the two thermodynamic forces come into being along with the two nuclear forces. Cue rapid expansion, planets forming, gravitational pulls, stars forming etc etc... The only part of this entire process that is actually observable to us in any way is the expansion, red shift suggests very strongly that this expansion exists, and for all intents and purposes our idea of the formation of the universe is probably fairly accurate. However, what we cannot observe, explain, or understand, is the period before the universe was already large. We know the expansion happened, because it is still happening, not because we can see when the universe was small. So when you claim the Big Bang as fact as if we understand it what you're really doing is claiming that a scientific guess based on limited observable information is actually true. In fact you're using about as much faith as any religious person. You believe in a force you cannot see, that isn't observable, has no beginning or creator, that is responsible for everything.. In fact the force you believe in no longer even exists in it's original form.

Understand what you believe before you use it to try to tear down what other people believe.

March 27, 2012 at 11:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Eric B.

Good grief you've made an awful lot of assertions with an apparent certainty that ironically undermines your initial point. To claim that flagellum motor are irreducible is completely and utterly false. I'm sure most people don't bother responding to tripe such as you've posted simply because of the assumption that it's so incredibly and obviously ignorant that it wasn't worth a response. I, however, feel for you. I feel for you the way I used to feel for the mentally handicapped kid in high school. Even more so for you if only because your ignorance is one of choice, not genetic disposition. The choice is yours though. I can only bring the information to you, I can't force you to educate yourself.

Which is it pal? Ignorance or education?

Check it out. It's replete with a bibliography and everything. Much better than a hastily typed response such as yours which makes some incredibly inaccurate statements.

I guess I'll close by throwing a quote from you right back at you:

"Understand what you believe [falsely] before you use it to try to tear down what other people believe [i.e.- learn]."

March 27, 2012 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
      • JG

Eric B, For some reason the option to reply to your post isn't present so technically I'm replying to me. Not sure if this is normal as I don't post on these threads frequently, just had a quiet week at work.

I appreciate the fact that you actually responded with useful information.
        Also, my initial intent was not to be hostile, but I realise that by the time I was done it was somewhat that way.

March 28, 2012 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
      • Eric B.

Fair enough. I can't respond to your second post either. Probably soemthing to do with their system. I appreciate the tone of your second response much more than your initial one so I'd like to extend my apologies for coming off as a bit of a jerk. I'll be honest though, I really do hate seeing people post such inaccurate information. I really hope you give it a read and try to understand it (the link I provided). The world is far more complex than most people realize, but we also have begun to understand a lot more than many realize. This is one of those things.

March 28, 2012 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
      • Eric B.

Oh, also, the original guy was quoting the fictional character "House" from the tv show of the same name. I am not sure if it is really a quote originating with someone else though.

March 28, 2012 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
      • Richard

Hey I feel you! Sometimes we dare not to say so much about ourselves, buseace someone nasty might use that against us and make us stumble on our very own words. But I guess in life we have to risk something, buseace if we don't, we never truly live. Keep up the good work~

July 31, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  7. MissingKing

I really miss Larry King. I don't really watch any more.

March 27, 2012 at 11:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Lass

For all of you commenting on whether you believe in God or not......no one has the right to judge another. I believe in
    God, absolutely, but I do understand why some of you do not, largely because of the false teachings most preachers
    continue to force on their followers. God is love, not one who tortures humans, no matter what they do. It's amazing how many think it is foolish, ignorant or whatever to believe in an Almighty God, but then believe that every human, puppy, kitten, fish, baby, ant, flower, kiss, sunrise, sunset... just "happened", but cars, computers, rockets, cinnamon rolls, tv's, iPhones..... had to have a creator. Go figure. But hey, if I am wrong what happens? If you are wrong think of what you have missed, and will miss. Knowing the one who knows you the best and loves you the most!

March 27, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Jeff

I know that these commetns have nothing to do with the story above, but I did read some of the rhetoric regarding religion. I am a follower of Christ. I believe that we can arrive at our beliefs through different paths. In my particular situation, I simply could not believe in God because it did not make sense. It was too much like other things that I had heard in my life such as Greek gods, Santa Clause, etc. It seemed to be easier to believe in God than to face life without a creator. But, I began to ponder things like the fact that I had higher thought and consciousness. I started to look at the order and majesty of nature. As I pondered, I simply asked God if He was really real. I guess you would call it a prayer, but it was not very elegant. All I can really say is that God revealed himself to me in such a special way that I have not doubted His exisitence ever since. I am not saying that He reveales himself to everyone in the same way, but this is what He did for me. With regards to who is right and who is wrong regarding doctrinal faith and how certain scriptures are interpreted, I can't judge that. All I can say is that God is real. His "realness" does not depend on our belief in his existence. I do not understand everything about Him, but what He let me know that day is that He loves me and that He cares about my life. I am certain that He feels that way about all of us.

March 27, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. GRACE & PEACE

Before birth to death you need health care. How many people need Health Care?????????

Only those who drive need Car Insurance. How many people need Car Insurance?????

Car Insurance is mandatory by Law or you are fined.

Health Insurance needed by everyone Infant to Senior and you do not want to mandate.

Pass the Health Care bill and add Public Option.

No More Case or Argument

March 27, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Hans

Hello Piers, there is a great article " Parents Spoil Kid's Easter Fun ", about Helicopter parents in the Cal. Orange County Register under Nation@ World from March 27. Thank you for giving the "BLIND and IGNORANT Parents a lesson.
    I love your Show, may fewer Celebrities would too.
    Sincerely Hans

March 27, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  12. Olasunkanmi

dall'ultima volta che l'ho visto, migliorato mtoloa mio avviso graficamente si potrebbe fare ancora qualcosina di pi ad ogni modo, anke cos direi ke siamo ad un buon livello

April 2, 2012 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. Esme

Hi from sunny Lake Havusa City, nice and warmm heading to Phoenix in the mrninog for 2 weeks. Safe travels to those heading out and keep warm to those staying and minding the park .Garry and Judy

May 21, 2012 at 2:37 am | Report abuse | Reply