Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 27th, 2012

Piers to JetBlue: "Call these guys right now and thank them profusely"

UPDATE March 28 at 1:40pm: After Tony Antolino and Paul Babakitis spoke with Piers Morgan a representative from JetBlue contacted "Piers Morgan Tonight." The spokesperson said seven members of JetBlue's Care team and local leadership met the plane in Amarillo and flew with them to their original destination of Las Vegas. In addition she wrote, "All customers on Flight 191 were handed individual letters upon arrival, offering them full compensation for the original leg of the journey as well as a voucher for two times the value of their original ticket price."

Tonight Piers Morgan talked exclusively with two of the passengers on Jet Blue flight 191 who have become heroes after subduing the pilot. Tony Antolino and Paul Babakitis> subdued the pilot on a flight from JFK to Las Vegas after the pilot exhibited "erratic" behavior. The men told Piers that they have not heard from anyone higher up at the airline since their heroic work today holding down the "erratic" pilot until the plane was safely on the ground.

"Call these guys right now and thank them profusely," Piers said. "As far as I'm concerned Paul Babakitis and Tony Antolino you are All-American heroes today and you saved this plane probably from going down with all the passengers on board with your extraordinary courage."

-–

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: The Big Story
  1. Barry Alter

Please inform Mr. Morgan that in this counrty we investigate a crime first and then make arrests if warranted. On tonights show Piers suggested that Mr. Zimmerman be arrested first, and then the investigation should follow.

March 27, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bugsy

Correct. Piers has become quite an ass, hasn't he?

March 27, 2012 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Nana

How dare you. A little respect please. Piers is doing just fine.

March 27, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doyle Bray

I totally agree. Mr Piers should take some common sense lessons from Larry King.

March 28, 2012 at 11:09 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jack Johnson

Piers is a h0mo!

March 28, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Chuck

I don't need some pompous ass like Mr. O'Meara (morgans real name) telling me anything and I wish he would return to his slime hole in England, which probably had the same disdain we have for him here and shuffled him across the pond to spread his tripe here. Please do us a favor and pack it in and ship yourself off to Darfur where you could be really useful.

March 28, 2012 at 9:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Doyle Bray

Contrary to what Mr Piers thinks a 150 pound athlete can over come a 240 pound out of shape individual. I'm not taking sides here but he should wait until all the information is in before making stupid statements. He needs to take a lesson from Larry King.

March 28, 2012 at 11:03 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Laney

So, I take it, you havent looked at the police surveillance video? Or are you choosing to ignore it? Zimmerbeoch is going DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 29, 2012 at 9:07 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Doyle Bray

I didn't see the video at the time I wrote my comment. Also, if you were able to read I did state that I was not taking sides until all the information was it. I would suggest you do the same. The video was not all that clear.

March 29, 2012 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
      • Lisa

If you would take a close look at the video, you can obviously see something is on his back, just like the reports stated. Does anyone remember Duke?? What happened to Jessie Jackson when those young men were cleared? Never heard an apology out of his big blow hole but here he is again, blowing in the wind, spewing his usual hate.

March 29, 2012 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
      • Doyle Bray

Lisa- You're so right and I agree with you.

March 30, 2012 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  4. Tim Johnson

Two things: First; I wish Mr. Morgan or Anderson Cooper or somebody would start listing the names of companies who want your Facebook password or as in my case, your social security number. Home Depot won't let you fill out an application without your social security number, which has nothing to do with one's qualifications for the job. U-haul is the same and if you fill in a bogus number, it is kicked back. I wasn't sure if I wanted the job, they hadn't even talked to me about it, no interviews, nothing. Until there is an offer on the table of some sort, they don't need my SSN.

Second; I was disappointed to Piers cut off Arlen Specter whose thoughts and information are relevant to everyone in the nation and instead chose to subject us to even more gossip and speculation which is interesting to perhaps one third of the country.

P.S. Why not do a show about how "potential employers" lie in their job descriptions with impunity and yet if we are caught lying on our resumes, we are branded? And God forbid you try to post a comment like that in any of the "forums" like Linkedin or Monster has. Your comments will be summarily deleted.

March 28, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Carol

These Jet Blue passengers are real heroes. I am 65 and kind of a rickety old lady. Regardless of my seat assignment, if I get an aisle seat I give it to a man just in case something like this comes up. Us old ladies can sit in the inner seats and give the big guys who can and will handle such an event the aisle. Good job, Guys!!! A lot of people on that plane had their life saved by your actions.

March 29, 2012 at 11:04 am | Report abuse | Reply
  6. cheap las Vegas Dubai

Great blog here! Also your site a lot up very fast! What host are you the use of? Can I am getting your associate hyperlink in your host? I want my web site loaded up as quickly as yours lol

August 10, 2012 at 2:27 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. matt.

piers, i see that the cnn poll shows that stricter gun laws "are not" favored by the majority of americans by 52% to 43%. so would you "please" update us tonight on your show and tell us the truth. please piers the truth,not opinon.

March 21, 2013 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. docmccarthy

There have been times when the CNN host Piers Morgan didn’t seem to like America very much... It seems, Piers, that you, like the liberal left, don't like America. However, the backlash that has driven you out is the fickle left. They are tired of all the bad press you have been receiving on account of your brash attacks on heart and soul that is America. The left grew tired of the spotlight on you. They are looking for a much more subtlety pernicious lefty that can attack the right w/o drawing fire. Bye, bye Piers. Hopefully, you will be pulling up stakes and heading home.

February 23, 2014 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply