Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 28th, 2012

Trayvon Martin's mom on George Zimmerman: He "hunted my son like an animal"

Tonight Piers Morgan talked with Trayvon Martin's parents Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton as well as their attorney Benjamin Crump. New video released today shows George Zimmerman arriving at the police station on the night of Martin's death. His parents saw the video tonight and shared their reactions for the first time: "We were surprised because according to the police report he sustained injuries," Fulton said. "It was obvious that there were no visible injuries."

Crump thinks the video is a smoking gun. "This clearly shows that that police report was a fabrication."

But what does Fulton believe is the most likely set of circumstances that led to her son being killed? "I believe that George Zimmerman hunted my son like an animal, tried to detain my son. My son tried to get away and because he could not detain my son, an altercation ensued and my son was shot and killed."

-–

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: The Big Story
  1. MJ

Please verify this fact with your subject matter experts,.. I am a health professional who works with PTSD on a daily basis. The friend of George Zimmerman, Joe Oliver, is on the air frequently stating that doctor's for Zimmerman have actually diagnosed him with PTSD and this is how much he is suffering. This is not possible. In order to be diagnosed with PTSD, symptoms have to persist and be unresponsive to treatment for AT LEAST THREE MONTHS. It is normal to have an acute stress reaction to a violent event and is expected. That is the real support that would have been shown, and he would not have been told yet that he has PTSD. For Mr Oliver to say that PTSD was diagnosed by physicians is a knowing distortion, and as a journalist himself, he is likely to understand this.

March 28, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jamie M Studer

Sir, I have suffered from PTSD, and yes, as a health professional, you are 100% correct. Thank you for your post. Jamie M Studer

March 28, 2012 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Apri

I was with you up until the last phrase. Christianity could offer a model for morialty and reason, but it is not supernatural. You seem to leave opened the possibility that non-Christians can also have virtuous character. If we can, then can you really claim that your transformation is supernatural? If you draw the line and say that we can never have this virtue, then you must find all of us somehow lacking virtue. Like racism, it cuts both ways. Also, if the supernatural is necessary, then what is the point of critical thinking? I argue that both critical thinking and a spiritual desire to love and be good is what is necessary. If the supernatual is part of the experiment, then poor critical thinking should be just as good as more rigorous thinking since God will fix it. Why can't the godhead simply inspire and fire the imagination? This is to me both reasonable and spiritual.

June 27, 2012 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
      • David

B-b-but....You mean that folks should apply conisstent, rational, fair (wow, there's a word-du-jour) principles when making judgments?Boy, you sure know how to ruin a good ol' histrionic, phlegm-flinging White-Liberal-Guilt, Dem-Plantation-Black hissy fit wet dream.Dang....

September 10, 2012 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
    • AM

The uncle tom known as JOE OLIVER was lying.

YOU CAN TELL BY HIS FACIAL QUIRKS

I'VE STUDIED PSYCHOLOGY AND FACIAL EXPRESSIONS

HE'S A LIAR. HE'S JUST DOING WHAT IT TAKES TO DEFEND SOMEONE WHO IN HIS MIND, THINKS "MAKES HIS RACE LOOK BAD"

LARRY ELDERS IS ANOTHER BLACK DUDE, ARGUING FOR ZIMMERMAN, AGAINST TWO WHITE REPORTERS ON OTHER VIDEOS WHO WERE PRO TRAYVON

March 29, 2012 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • synthia

he probably just got the terms mixed up. Why would you say he did this intentionally? that is an unnecessary accusation.

March 31, 2012 at 4:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Beth

MJ, Thanks for the info. The PTSD is just another dramatic claim (like the near-death injuries his brother Roger said Treyvon inflicted on George) that is intended to gain public sympathy. I never cease to be amazed at how self-centered this man is. He might have thought about the consequences of his actions before he shot Treyvan. Does he give a thought to the trauma his actions have caused Treyvan's parents?

April 23, 2012 at 11:45 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mary Grace

It seems that everyone has a verdict but the judicial system. This whole ordeal has sickened me how the African American people have come out claiming all sorts of things, when you all was not even there... SO YOU DONT KNOW WHAT TOOK PLACE!!! I hope you never get in a situation where everyone goes ahead and passes judgement on you when you may or may not be innocent. ENOUGH ALREADY!!! Everyone Ive talked to are sick of this . REMEMBER when you point fingers you have three pointing back at you. Matt. Chp. 7 Judge not lest you be judged by the same measure.

April 23, 2012 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
      • Cristian

I guess I would just re-emphasize that if you're worried about laws being unqlauley applied, then I don't see how one more law will help. AA laws, I think, do more to cause tension and racism rather than to alleviate it. They make minorities out to be (and to feel like) the victim, which is never a good thing. Work hard, don't play the victim, realize that racism is still alive and well in some people's minds, challenge it when you see it, get to know lots of people and have honest discussions, but don't favor one person over another merely on the basis of his skin color; that's racism. I appreciate the exchange.

June 27, 2012 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Jamie M Studer

Piers, All I am going to say is "You are one Sharp Cookie". That is a compliment. Great Job!! Jamie M Studer

March 28, 2012 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. rose macaskie

Someone said Zimmerman was not white, as in, so he woulld not commit a racial crime. They dont study race related problllllems to any depth, one thing people of race suffer from is other people of race discriminating against them because they are darker then them. I know of a mother whose first reaction on the sight of her baby was, he is darker than me and that same baby grew up to be a paki basher in london. He was a South American and Mauritian, paki bashing, he did not know his father was from Mauritious.
    Also, they had, a fw years back in the color supplement of El Pais, the paper of the more socialist party here in Spain an article about the Watts district of Los Angeles were illegality is rife and children daren't leave the house when they get home from school for fear of getting caught up in gang warfare and killed, in this catholic country Spain they delight in stories that make north america look barbaric, it seems that now communism is nearly vanquished they are after what htey term materialists which is to say those who have wellfare states and democracies were attendance at mass drops sharply. The gang warfare in the Watts district was principally between latino gangs and afro american ones, those who did not land on plymouth rock but on whom plymouth rock landed. So that ZIimmerman is of South American origen rather increases the possiblity that he would have prejudices, it does not reduce it. rose macaskie madrid.

March 28, 2012 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Rev (SPC) Rodney Chalfant U.S. Army Wounded Warrior (Previous Army Chaplain)

PROTECT YOUR CHILDREN BEFORE ONE OF THEM IS NEXT:

Our community is less than 10minutes from where Trayvon Martin was gun down. I keep hearing that this isn't a racial issue over & over or is it? We have 6 teens & 2b children 2, 11b,15b,18g,18g.19b,19b, & 21g. We are a mixed black & white couple as our children reflects from my spouse 1st marriage black. Do I need to have my spouse take my boys & girls to the gun rang as well as buy them a 9mm weapon to protect themselves? Heaven, yes! Since the incident if followed by a stranger like TM was approached they will be trained to use common sense first, but if their lives seem to be threatened they are to take down the threat with the 9mm immediately to protect themselves.
    Yes, they will be licensed as George was licensed, and yes even though we live in mostly a White community if they feel threaten even by unmarked government officials which tend to follow them around the community they are to shoot first in order to protect themselves from these well trained & heavily armed unmarked government officials who are usually not working at that time for the government, but a private contractor in which they bend the rules.
    HEY, THE DOOR JUST OPENED FOR MY CHILDREN, MY WIFE, & I TO PROTECT OURSELVES AT ALL COST. WE WILL SHOOT FIRST, AS GEORGE DID, BUT THIS TIME AT A STRANGE ADULT & ASK QUESTION LATER AS THE STANFORD POLICE DID. BEWARE IF YOU COME TO OUR NEIGHBORHOOD (AVALON PARK) & APPROACH MY CHILDREN AS THEY WILL BE ARMED TO PROTECT THEMSELVES SINCE THE OFFICIALS WE HAVE ELECTED HAVE CHOSEN NOT TO DO SO. THIS ISN'T A THREAT, BUT A FACT OF LIFE.

Wounded Warrior
    U.S. Army

March 29, 2012 at 3:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary Grace

IF I HAD A SON " HE WOULD LOOK LIKE GEORGE ZIMMERMAN "
      To recieve a license or permit to carry a weapon, you first go thru a class or course. You are not taught to shoot first and ask questions later.... So two wrongs make a Right Mr. Chalfant? If your life is in imminent danger, you are under attack, you have every right to defend yourself. I am a white female, mother, wife, grandmother, and bet you me... anyone comes at me to attack me, or cause great bodily harm... they are going down. After the fact is tooo late to stop and ask an attacker.. " Hey you gonna attack me, are you gonna kill me.... Give me a break... No one will take the time to stop and ask an attacker if they are armed or how old they are.Someone comes up on you from behind, and you are in full motion of being attacked, you will find a way to survive. And as to the pics of this young man that got killed, they are projecting he was a child, when he was much bigger, and appeared older. It is a sad situation, on both parties. But to come across as those have , putting a bounty on someones head, or critizing someone who defended himself, has turn back time a few decades. I believe in STAND YOUR GROUND LAW, and I dont want to see it abolished either just because of a few who want to make it an issue. It was not the gun, it was the decision in a split second to use deadly force when attacked, I probably would have done the same thing. Before I would let some one injure me or kill me, I would use deadly force.

April 23, 2012 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Ritch

Mary grace you are an idiot, as many who champion george zimmerman. He had no right to confront Travon, he ignored law enforcement that requested that he not confront individual in question and as a direct result of HIS ACTIONS a young man lost his life. Those are the only important facts, not race, social economic advantage, or neighborhood. He should have been arrested immediately and charged with Manslaugter which is customary when ones actions leads to the death of another that is not premediated and let the courts decide if his actions where justified. That is the law! Stand your ground has no bearing on this case, Travon was walking down a public side walk not private property. Learn the facts set your bias aside.

April 23, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
      • Mary Grace

RICHIE so you are into name calling now. Shows your intellect .

April 23, 2012 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
      • tnwoman

Mary Grace:

You are one SAD piece of WORK! Would that Zimmerman look alike son favor the chubby one in the ORANGE PRISON JUMPSUIT MUGSHOT or the DARK GRAY PRISON JUMPSUIT MUGSHOT where he has LOST weight from his CONSCIENCE eating at him for rashly KILLING this INNOCENT young man AND his telling LIES about what really happened that DARK, RAINY night. I SMH at your COLDNESS and IGNORANCE.

April 25, 2012 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
      • dvb

Mary Grace, first of all, trayvon was minding his own business going back to his fathers house. it is my understanding that he was visiting his father. he was not from the neighborhood, so george should have let trayvon know who he was and what he was doing instead of treating him like a gangster and assuming all the negative things about him. to trayvon, george could have been someone trying to attack him, so trayvon did what any normal person would do. he tried getting away from george, but he kept on following him and as a result, this innocent young man was murdered. people need to see this for what it is, cold-blooded murder of an unarmed person. there is no other explanation.

May 2, 2012 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
      • JusticeW.

You weren't there, you don't know if Zimmerman was truly defending himself and he pursued Trayvon Martin, therefore Trayvon is ultimately protected by the stand your ground law.

May 4, 2012 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
      • Jamie Scott

Funny how the people resorting to childish insults are the ones claiming George continued following TM and confronted him when there is NO PROOF that George continued following him or was the one that did the confronting.....Maybe they can tell me HOW George could follow TM for more than 4 minutes and than confront him when the shooting took place less than 30 yards from George's truck and in the EXACT same place George lost sight of Trayvon when he was talking to the 911 operator?...If you are following someone for more than 4 minutes wouldn't you move more than a couple feet?

May 11, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
      • Brenda

You are speaking from information from the news media. You don't know the true facts so why are you commenting.

May 11, 2012 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
      • Nonotagain

Jamie Scott, what the hell are you talking about... That info is for the birds, and has no bearing, so on that note you happy to hear about some black teen getting shot and killed. You do realize this tells others who were thinking of doing this to people like you that such violence is accepted right? RIGHT?!!!???!!

January 22, 2013 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • franklovesfl

You have to me 21 to get a license.

May 11, 2012 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. EAS

Regrettably, Piers Morgan said George Zimmerman was not white during his interview with Lionel Richie on March 28. Why don't you look closely Piers? Zimmerman IS white. He may be half Hispanic, but Hispanic is not a color, it is an ethnic background. Hispanics come in all colors (races) and, in fact, there is quite a bit of racial discrimination among them. While we continue classifying people by race (Census included) we will perpetuate racism. Let's instead try to understand people's socio-economic status, educational background, and other more important factors to address the needs and motives of our people. A change in direction from our leaders (focus on socio-economic need) may well change the way we all look at each other. I am sure George Zimmerman did not intend to kill a black man for the sake of killing a black man. However, I do not doubt that he distrusted Trayvon Martin because he was a black young man (conscious or unconsciously), and Zimmerman is obviously mentally unstable to begin with. What was he doing with a gun, anyhow?

March 29, 2012 at 7:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary Grace

Well if there had been breakins in the community and it apparently was a problem in that neighbor, Im sure he was carrying a gun for protection. As I would do too. Just because he had a gun does not make him a hater. He defended himself. End of story. The bloody pics of his head and face was reason enough to feel he was threatened, and that his life was endanger. I am sick of all this one sided racial issue brought on by the African Americans. They have made it a racial issue, when it is not. It is a legal issue. One which the judicial system will go its course. And if Zimmerman is aquitted, or found not guilty... that needs to be the end of it. It is sickening to listen to those who are asking questions of the family... what you gonna do if he is found innocent... There is nothing they should do, but let it be. When the judicial system goes its course, then let peace be still. Stop this ongoing "what if's" Leave it be. Anyone who is guilty, or not guilty, there is one Judge who will judge us all. Dont ever think you can escape his judgement, for he sees all and knows all, and only God knows. NOT EVERYONE OUT THERE SCREAMING HE's GONNA PAY... He has already. Im sure if I was in his position and going this mess, I would probably rather be dead, but that is not the answer, the answers will come in due time, Everyone needs to stop and think about this, WHAT IF THAT HAD BEEN ME THAT SHOT SOMEONE , TRYING TO DEFEND MY LIFE? HOW WOULD YOU FEEL RIGHT NOW? IM sure he is not happy of this situation, Im sure he is very sorry it happened, ;but that does not change things. But the people can settle down and wait on the process. And Stop igniting more hate.

April 23, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • ELENA

Ahhh, Freedom of the Press. The freedom of the few to feed bushllit to the rest in order to keep us fat lazy and stupid with a 24 hour repeating news cycle. The freedom to blow smoke up our butts about nothing while covering our eyes blinding us from the real issues. They have it down to a fine tuned science. I'm told as a middle aged straight white man that I'm a bigot. I've been told that the better part of my life. I'm told that because I was born a white male, I somehow owe a debt to all those who were wronged before I was born into this melting pot'. It doesn't surprise me that people tend to gravitate to likeness and I refuse to slap them on the knuckles for it. I don't have to go very far from my home to find all the diversity I need. I can point out where the black people live, the arabic people, the jewish people, the polish, the mexicans, etc. Guess what.. They all hate each other too. Everyone tends to stick to their own. I'll guarantee you, I am not welcome in most of those neighborhoods as a visitor. Then they have the nerve to wonder Why I gravitate towards my own kind' and tell me I'm a bigot for doing so without looking in their own damn mirrors. I have had people call the police and tell them I was Exposing myself to kids because I had the nerve to be in their neighborhoods, INVITED. I don't have to look very far to see why people hate each other so much. It takes two to have a conversation and exchange of ideas and I for one, tired a Long time ago of trying. I'll live and let live. That's it. You can correct me if I'm wrong, but that Black kid was killed by a White not, the Mexican, Right? Our last president blew up the levies in N.O. in order to get rid of the blacks living in ocean front property, Right? As long as we let the press at large tell us how we're supposed to all just get along out of one side of their mouths and and with the other, continue to use these hot button issues to whip us into an opposing frenzy, nothing will ever change. The Melting Pot is a fairy tale. A nice idea on the surface but impossible to achieve. We are told this religion is bad, that one is good, when in fact, all of them are murderous and genocidal, historically. The worse part of all of it is, we are Paying these people to tell us that. We pay them by re-electing these moronic boobs known as politicians and buying the products sponsoring the news programs. This day and age, everyone is running around looking for a reason to be offended and our press and politicians are only too happy to give us one. That's how they keep their jobs. I know this isn't quite what you are talking about Empress but every time I hear that Melting pot phrase, it makes my blood boil.

June 27, 2012 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  6. vicky

My deepest sympathy to the parents.

March 29, 2012 at 11:10 am | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Lydia

I am so dismayed that George Zimmerman is not yet arrested. He should go to court where a jury can decide from the evidence what crime was committed. We should not be expected to believe his admission of self-defense when so much evidence points the other way from the 911 tapes, the video showing him without any bruising and his previous arrests for violence.
    For the record, I am white but as a mom of three I find this death so disturbing and the lack of arrest, adding insult to injury for Trayvon's parents. My thoughts and prayers are with them to stay strong. There are so many folks who want justice for your son.

March 29, 2012 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Bob

The job of the police is to gather the facts in a fair and impartial investigation. The facts are then presented to a States Attorney and then a Grand Jury to determine if a crime has been committed. No one has seen or read the detectives case jacket to determine what, if any Probable Cause exist for an arrest at this point. The "Stand Your Ground" Law does not differ from any claim an average citizen or law enforcement officer would have to self defense in any other State in the union. With that in mind the evidence must be weighed carefully before an arrest is made. A speedy arrest does not make it a sound arrest. Acts born out of emotion are fueled with misleading facts and exaggerations. (we all remember O.J.) Give the authorities time to conduct a complete investigation, these investigations take time. There is no mistake who the shooter is and if he over stepped his bounds justice will prevail. However, if he acted as he claims and he was within his rights to act as he did then we must accept that. The scales of justice are blind, it is the evidence that tips the scales. Get off the soap box this is why we have a justice system that presumes you are innocent until proven guilty. I wonder would there be a racial issue here if his name was "Santiago", "Perez" or "Alverez" something a bit more ethnic, instead of Zimmerman. REMEMBER THE HOMICIDE SCENE TELLS THE STORY OF WHAT HAPPENED. The facts can't be changed, witnesses and the suspect can lie but the scene remains the same. That's how you tell if Zimmerman is being truthful. Since the media has not read the detectives case file, lets leave it to the law enforcement experts to determine if this warrants the arrest of Zimmerman. If it does warrant an arrest let them do there job the truth will come out.

March 31, 2012 at 6:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mary Grace

I totally agree with you Bob. Being a former police officer, there are steps you go thru before anyone is arrested. And it is not a racial issue, it is a legal one. The African Americans are making it a racist issue. I am glad we have the STAND YOUR GROUND LAW. I dont want it abolished. And its apparent there had been break ins in this neighborhood, and it would be only natural to keep an eye on someone who is not familiar to the area. I said someone... I didnt say Black, white, hispanic etc, I have worked in the prisons, and the streets, and one never knows what they may come against , you can not tell what someone may do to you at any given time. You have to be on your guard at all times. Same way in a neighborhood where there has been break ins. I trust on one. Especially if I ve not seen them around the neighborhood. The judicial system is what we govern our society. Not mobs, marches, and pressure from emotions running high. Or attorneys who show hate in his voice and his demeanor on TV. This all has to stop, or otherwise it will cause a division in this country that no one can fix. I will give a big applause to Al Sharpton and Jessie Jackson for getting the emotional train wreck going. They always show up at the most opportune times, DONT THEY HAVE A JOB???

April 23, 2012 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mark Morin

Perhaps one of the best wasy to confirm if the voice that cried out was george or Trayvans is to have George cry out the same words in the same spot over the same phone ( cell or landline which ever it came from ) then recapture the same way this voice was recoverd then compare and validate using the same technology.

March 29, 2012 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Don Ryan

I watched your show tonight and wondered when you were going to give Mr Robert Zimmerman time to answer your questions
    I found that when you didn't like the way the answer was going you interupted and asked another question
    It seemed the whole show was hurried for answers that you wanted to hear.
    You did not allow Mr Zimmerman to participate.
    Although he handled himself very well.

I also believe that when you had Mike Tyson on, your questions were directed to promote hatred and racism.

It is one thing to have a good show it is another to direct your show to promote racism and hatred

I will not be watching your show again.

March 29, 2012 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary Grace

I agree with you on that Mr. Ryan. I rather liked him at first, but we can see how the networks are being led by the nose. THanks but no Thanks.

April 23, 2012 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • JusticeW.

I'm sick and tired of people always saying the media is promoting hatred this is a case in which a man hunted, pursued, and killed a young man.

May 4, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jamie Scott

I'm sick and tired of people saying George hunted and pursued TM when there is no proof that he continued following Trayvon after the operator told him to stop following Trayvon.....And that the "news" media hasn't bothered to put up a map of the area along with the timeline to prove it was "murder"....probably because they know if they did show a map with the shooting site anyone with half a brain could clearly see that George did NOT continue following Trayvon after he was told not to.

May 11, 2012 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom

"Earlier today, I made a comment to the media that was later mirsharactecized. When I referenced the word accident' today with regard to Trayvon's death, in NO way did I mean the shooting was an accident. We believe that George Zimmerman stalked my son and murdered him in cold blood. The accident' I was referring to was the fact that George Zimmerman and my son ever crossed paths. It was an accidental encounter. If George Zimmerman hadn't gotten out of his vehicle, this entire incident would have been avoided. My son was profiled, followed and murdered by George Zimmerman, and there was nothing accidental about that."****************************Wow. I saw both her video this morning and now read this statment. What a POS.

May 23, 2012 at 3:08 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Annie

The most important issue here is how do we prevent tragedy like this from happening again. There is fundamental fraud in Florida's law as well as some other States' of self-protection. And as we see in this case that the law is abused by the lazy Standfor Police department who did not conduct a thorough investigation when a young man was killed, and a paranoid George Zimmerman who stereotypes young black men. The chief of police should have stepped down, his temporary removing himself is not taking responsibility of the actions or inactions of his department. Zimmerman needs to be arrested and investigated. Most importantly if the shoot first, ask questions later or no questions asked, in the name of self-protection law, is not changed, more innocent people (if not enough innocent people already) will be killed by paranoid people like Zimmerman.

March 29, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary Grace

You are totally wrong. THink about what you wrote here.....???

April 23, 2012 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Anne

If you look at the picture of Zimmerman at the site of the shooting, with the police standing on either side of him, with his back to the camera, you can clearly see the blood on the back of his head! I guess no one showed that to the parents of Trayvon Martin. Or are people purposely not looking at that photo?

March 30, 2012 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • synthia

iveheard every excuse in the book. it was p lanted,altered, it's a shadow,etc. there is SOLID EVIDENCE corroborating george zimmermans statements. .I don't understand it either
      His jacket had a huge, visible bloodstain on the front left, on the police video where they are screaming that there is none. .when i pointed it out i got insulted and told it was part of the trim"'
      um NOOOOOOOO, it is B L O O D.

March 31, 2012 at 4:56 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • The Meech

Ok Synthia, I saw the same bloodstain on the front left of his jacket..BUT, my assumption was probably Trayvon Martins blood, due to the fact that he was shot at close range, also that I think I recall an eyewitness stating that George Zimmerman had attempted to revive this young man. I agree with you 100% and have no intentions of being argumentative. I just cant see how having his head hammered against the concrete could have caused the bloodstain on Mr. Zimmermans jacket. Especially since his head wasnt bleeding, nor was there a single trace of blood on his face. I am certain there was a substantial amount of blood from Mr. Martins wound, possibly enough to get on Mr. Zimmermans jacket,... maybe??

April 3, 2012 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
      • bestchill

if mr. man would of stayed in the car ,he wouldnt be in trouble. thats all i got to say about that

May 9, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
      • franklovesfl

bestchill: If Mr. Thug hadn't freaked out and tried to kill Mr Man, he MIGHT still be alive today. The life expectancy of a thug in Miami is pretty short.

May 11, 2012 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ata

I have offered some of the laieds in the neighborhood to shoot the bad guys if they like. But they have assured me that they are all packing heat.pat, can you say anything about the legality of their possession of pistols? As a fellow Californian who would like to be able to defend himself I would like to know. From what I understand legally owning a pistol in the Bay Area is basically impossible.Shotguns are a better choice than handguns for defending your house. As they have a much more intimidating appearance, criminals are more likely to flee without any shots being fired. If worst comes to worst and you do have to shoot, it's easier to hit the target with a shotgun (though you still have to aim), and especially if the shotgun is loaded with buckshot it will have FAR greater "stopping power" than any handgun. Finally, while it may seem counterintuitive, it is easier for a criminal to wrestle a handgun away from a homeowner than it is for a shotgun.

May 23, 2012 at 12:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  12. joseph

being a african american male it seems very disturbing that zimmerman say's that he was yelling for help....(message) if i have a gun and someone is trying to threating me i am not going to yell for help i have the gun not you.....wow has anyone thought of this....who does that "yell for help" and have a gun...get real...

April 17, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mark

I don't think "being a aftrican male vs white has anything to do with insight on how disturbing it would be. What matters is .. think about this .. "if" Zimmerman – who prior seemingly demonstrated courage to help with an earlier B&E courage many of us wouldn't cave under who suffering from such trauma – which it would be to most – if thats the kind of guy he was ... at that point really had no intention of killing Trevan and knew he'd need some backup to be able to get out of this predicament he most certainly by now knew how he himself new must be appearing " as threataning to Trevon " who understandably would now both now be fearing their lives, both realising now the canundrum that was now unfolding ... if he really did care about preserving trevans life why shouldn't he yell for help ... At that point, thats the only way out of such a predicment ... why shouldn't both yell for help ? ... no easy answere ... one thing for sure God knows and one day "justice" & "truth" for either or both Trevan & Zimmeran – if not here – in the next life will prevail.

April 17, 2012 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply

AMEN .

April 23, 2012 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
      • tnwoman

Zimmerman looks like a DISTURBED "person". His recent ADULT life shows he has ANGER control ISSUES. As a young man in his early twenties, HE has been CHARGED with TWO VIOLENT crimes, DOMESTIC VIOLENCE against a partner and VIOLENT RESISTING ARREST for the DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. This person should NEVER have had a weapon AND most DEFINITELY should NOT be in a position of authority such as a law enforcement officer.

His family, especially his PARENTS, have probably been ENABLING this VIOLENT LOSER all his life, and now an INNOCENT you man has lost his life. "Daddy/Mama cannot get him out of this mess. Zimmerman will have to STAND UP and FINALLY act like an ADULT MALE.

April 25, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
      • Wayne

and they're all made of ticky tacky and they all look just the same The writer of that song was dvnriig on Hwy. 280 when she passed Daly City, just south of S.F. and saw hundreds of identical, nondescript little houses squished together on the side of hill, looking a little like a blight. And then along came the tune.

June 30, 2012 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
    • bestchill

like that

May 9, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. E Brunson

Rdiculous. Martin's parents keep saying that Zimmerman is the aggressor. How do they know that for a fact? Yes, their son is dead. It's tragic. But it is disturbing to me that they refuse to acknowledge or possibly accept that their son may have played a heavy role in his own demise. Simply attacking someone outright is inexcusable. The facts are these: Zimmerman was beaten, Martin was shot. Zimmerman didn't beat himself up. There was no third party involved. So Martin beat Zimmerman. Period. End of story. Seems to me Martin is the one that hunted Zimmerman. Zimmerman is the real victim here. You don't beat someone up and break their nose because they are in the vincity and you think they may be following you. Look at the facts, folks. Quit playing the race card to curry sympathy and expedite a politica agenda. The White House is using this kid's death for their own purposes. Don't play into it. Think for yourselves.

April 17, 2012 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary Grace

I hope more like you will stand up and speak their mind. I totally agree with you.

April 23, 2012 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • tnwoman

@E Brunson:

"...Zimmerman is the real victim..." How can you possibly even think THAT? If you have children, what would/do you tell them to do if on a dark, rainy night they are returning home from the store AND an UNMARKED CAR begins to follow them. Then that STRANGER NOT in UNIFORM gets out of that car APPROACHES them and starts to QUESTION them. If you tell them ANYTHING other than to RUN from that potential DANGER or STAND YOUR GROUND if the STRANGER in CIVILIAN clothing pursues AND catches them YOU are a failure as a parent.

Probably MANY of you people commenting on this TRAGEDY who are white CANNOT identify with Trayvon since he was a young, black male because you think ALL young, black males are VIOLENT THUGS who are incapable of HUMAN feelings of being SCARED, CONFUSED and everything in between, but THEY are. When I think of the TERROR this young man experienced in the last minutes on this SICK, EVIL planet, it makes me want to cry.

I SMH at the COLDNESS some of you "people" are showing toward Trayvon's DEATH and the attempted DEMONIZATION of his memory. SHAME ON YOU! (especially Mary "Grace")

April 25, 2012 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • best chill

im big and black if i followed you ,and you didnt know who i was .would stand there or run. like to see that one

May 9, 2012 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. Justice

GZ practices (MMA) MIXED MARTIAL ARTS. For those who dont know, thats the art of fighting...The prosecuter have all the facts of the case...keep all of your opinions to yourselves...he could have easily beat Treyvon to a pulp. He decided to kill him. Has nothing to do with race..has everything to do with that gun he had that night..If the smaller kid did beat the bigger adult...then GZ is truly soft....My question is, when you are attacked in Florida, is it ok to kill an unarmed attacker. All lies by GZ...and he knows it

April 18, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Anne

Yes, if the person who is attacking you is trying to kill you. How long should Zimmerman have waited? Should he have waited until Martin beat him to death? Martin caused his own demise. Zimmerman had no choice but to do what he did. He yelled for help no one came until it was too late.

April 22, 2012 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mary Grace

YOU SPOKE THE TRUTH THERE! ... THANK GOD THERE ARE SOME PEOPLE OUT HERE WHO HAVE SOME SENSE ABOUT THEM> IIT was a decision that could take only a split second to decide. I would have done the same thing.

April 23, 2012 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Rambo

Just sick & tired of this case!!!!

April 20, 2012 at 1:18 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Mary Grace

I agree with you. Im sick of the African American population trying to make it more than what it is. They are going to divide this country if they dont stop.

April 23, 2012 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • tnwoman

Mary Grace, YOU are a troll STRAIGHT from HELL!

April 25, 2012 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Turban

I do trust all of the ideas you've introduced for your post. They are really convincing and can certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are very brief for beginners. May you please lengthen them a little from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

April 22, 2012 at 9:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Catusrose

Why are the pictures being shown of Trayvon Martin old. These are pictures of an 11 year old. I would like to see a current picture.

April 23, 2012 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Mary Grace

We wondered the same thing. That is when it all began too to make Zimmerman appear to be hunting down children... where is a more up to date pic of him. So people can see what Zimmerman was saying when he thought he was older , and did not know if Trevon was armed or not. No one is going to know... You cant wait til you are being beaten to death to know whether or not they are armed. He was armed with his hands... he used his hands as a weapon against Zimmerman.

April 23, 2012 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  17. dachozen1

Wow! There is no doubt in my mind this kid was begging for his life. That eats me alive as a parent. That is a child's voice. If Zimmerman stays in his car like he was told to, Trayvon would be alive. I dont understand how any parent can even suggest Zimmerman was defending himself.

April 24, 2012 at 1:14 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jamie Scott

An EYE witness saw George screaming for help....NO ONE saw Trayvon yelling for help!! George was NOT told to stay in his truck....He was told "we don't need you to do that" when the operator asked if he was following him AFTER he got out of his truck and George told the operator "OKAY".....that was 20 seconds after he left his truck and the shooting took place about 20 seconds from George's truck....What was Trayvon doing BACK by george's truck 4 minutes later?

May 11, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  18. oneil

HERE IS MY THING EVERY ONE IS SAYING THAT HE IS BEING OVER CHARGED AND HE DID NOT INTENDED TO KILL TRAYVON BUT WHO GOES INTO A FIGHT WITH A GUN, IF AT ANY POINT HE FELT THREATEN HE SHOULD HAVE STAY HIS BUTT PUT AND WAIT FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICER AND LET TRAYVON FIGHT WITH THEM AND LET THEM SHOOT HIM BUT HE IS A WACTH MAN NOT A COP, A COP WOULD SAY POLICE STOP BUT AS A WACTH MAN YOU DONT EVEN HAVE AUTHORITY TO SEARCH SOMEONE BUT HE WENT TO CONFRONT MARTIN, AND HE KNEW HE HAD A GUN, I WORKED FOR WALGREENS FOR YEARS AND WE ALWAYS ASKED WHY WE DONT HAVE ARMED SECURITY GUARDS AND THE REASON WAS IF WE GOT ROBBED THE AREMED GUARDS WOULD BE A TARGET, NOW HIM GOING INTO THAT FIGHT WITH A GUN WAS LUDACRIS IF HE WAS NOT BAD ENOUGH TO CONFRONT MARTIN WITHOUT A GUN THEN HE SHOULD HAVE STOOD DOWN, EVEN THE DARN COPS KNOW THAT IF THEIR ENTERING A SITUATION THAT THEY ARE UNSURE ABOUT THEY WAIT FOR BACK UP TO ARRIVE BEFORE THEY ENTER THE SITUATION, MY MOM ALWAYS TOLD ME YOU PLAY WITH FIRE YOU WILL GET BURNED SO IF YOU WANNA BRING A GUN TO A FIGHT YOU KNOW THE CONSEQUINCES.

April 24, 2012 at 7:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • tnwoman

@oneil:

I AGREE with what you just wrote, but please realize there are such things as punctuation marks. I had a hard time understanding what you meant, AND you offered some VERY VALUABLE INSIGHTS into this TRAGEDY. Unlike people like that Mary "Grace" critter who keeps ranting FOOLISHNESS about Trayvon AND black Americans in general. Thank you for your INSIGHT.

April 25, 2012 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. unnamedstory

unnamedstory.com

April 27, 2012 at 10:25 am | Report abuse | Reply
  20. unnamedstory.com

May 1, 2012 at 5:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  21. mack

yep TM was out to attack someone the night he was killed he armed himself with candy and soda and went looking .

May 5, 2012 at 10:48 am | Report abuse | Reply
  22. AMCJ

Zimmerman will be found not guilty, its as simple as that.

May 8, 2012 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Auth

Jeff,Everyone is frustrated and angry and quick to judge. I sptpoed reading comments at places like HuffPo when I saw people saying that Texans deserved losing their homes during the wildfires last year because they were just a bunch of dumb rednecks. So, the cracks in this country go far beyond the obvious differences race, religion and ethnic origin. We have regions that do cling to their Bibles and their guns, and we also have those who cling to their trust funds and stock portfolios. They're never going to understand one another, either It's a new war between the haves and the have nots.The Paul Harvey link that Diva posted the other day summed all of it up very well. I've had discussions among friends where we've concluded that whatever terrorist groups are watching us should do is simply sit back and do nothing, because we're eating our own.

June 27, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. Jackie

People think that just because a person is biracial they can't be prejudice. They're are people that are biracial and pass for white in denial that they're black. They go by every other race but black. Some are so white they pass for white, so whites don't understand how the race card works. You have to know of people from your own family or others families that have done that!

May 11, 2012 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Alex samuelson

It is amazing how CNN has had broad coverage, especially br Anderson and pier, about the Martin case, yet NOT one word in regards to incident in Norfolk, Va. Absolutely amazing!

May 12, 2012 at 1:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
  25. Alex samuelson

May 12, 2012 at 1:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  26. SEEMA

Another reason low rent blrugars shy from theft in an affluent area is that they don't know the location of bolt holes, quickly accessible hideouts in a place where they otherwise stick out like sore thumbs; and they also lack familiar accomplices-of-opportunity, or even fellow gang members, to give them cover on their getaway. They may also not know the road net – and the street layout in a lot of suburban housing tracts can be bewildering to anyone who's actually quite literate and able to read street signs (Im the days before cell phone Google maps I temped for a fortnight as a courier, and several delivery addresses in a particular subdivision vexed me, since every one of them bore the same first name of the developer's daughter, each street distinguished from the others only by its designtion as street, court, way, place, alley, close, avenue, lane, parkway, boulevard, esplanade, drive, &c. – there were over twenty streets distinguished solely by those suffixes!). Moreover, in affluent areas, blacks and hispanics aren't under protection of their own neighborhood denizens "no-snitch" information blackout to the police, while on the other hand affluent victims eagerly tell all to law enforcement and to their insuror's claims investigator. But, above all, most low rent criminals are simply lazy – why should they expend the extra effort to shift themselves out to more affluent areas when they can take advantage of easier, nearer pickings? – and then fence or spend their loot directly to their neighborhood drug dealer for their particular addictive substance?On the Martin-Zimmerman case: cell phone triangulation would likely prove moot, as either prosecution or defense could mount a wide assortment of objections to its accuracy, methodology, and so on – and likely produce any number of experts to testify to either accuracy, or to inaccuracy of triangulation. If in court one or the other side drew a map of triangulated movement, expert testimony would soon turn the map into something resembling a confusing diagram of a Marx Brothers' football play.

May 22, 2012 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. Raouf

unarmed teenager was belogudning him in the face at the time he pulled the trigger, then it is both excusable and lawful, whereas belogudning a neighborhood watch leader for looking at you actually is both inexcusable and unlawful. That the bludgeoner was 17 is morally and legally irrelevant. But let's allow them to try this in court, shall we? Still your comment begs a question: Does the race of a lynch mob matter? Or is any lynch mob inexcusable?joesix' comment is ironically a continuation of liberal subject-changing when they can't address the point. Thanks for an additional illustration of cosmoscon's point.

September 8, 2012 at 3:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  28. Armelinho

That is just outrageous that the poclie are turning a blind eye! It makes me angry. And it's pretty darn pathetic that they can't even get their story straight they had to change their story! Uuugh. I feel very badly for this family, and I hope for their sake (and many, many others!) that they get justice, and these dirty cops who can't even manage to properly investigate get more than just a slap on the wrist. The guy probably paid them off. =/

December 17, 2012 at 2:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
  29. crzbaby420

this is cute PM supporting a woman who doesn't know her own son and kicked him out of her home 2days before incident(mother of the year award there) and daddy is a crip or "was"(IMHO only because this went down,he denied ties.) Hiding tattoos and what not. training his son since birth he has. and yet here you all mourning a thug wanting to be in "tha life" you're just as blind and moronic as morgan.

August 9, 2013 at 11:24 am | Report abuse | Reply
  30. stormreaper

No, her son was ACTING like an animal. THAT is why he got shot.

August 19, 2013 at 7:01 am | Report abuse | Reply
  31. centre d'appel anglophone casablanca

salut je suis une tudiante de la italy j'ai trop aimer ton web page puis les nuances bien sur l'article la site . Rellement merci pour l'vicaire de ce websites

November 13, 2013 at 4:46 am | Report abuse | Reply