Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

March 30th, 2012

The 80's are back, and Piers Morgan isn't happy about it

As today's film and television culture looks back to yesteryear, the host of "Piers Morgan Tonight" is feeling less nostalgic, and more frustrated. As referenced on CNN.com in an article entitled "Piers to Hollywood: Get out of the stone (washed) ages", Piers Morgan used a recent edition of his franchise segment "Only in America" to say of the 1980's, "personally, I would rather forget them."

Nonetheless, Hollywood has hitched it's wagon to the days of stone washed jeans and really big hair, bringing back such hits as "21 Jump Street," "Footloose," and even the soon-to-be-released "Dirty Dancing" reboot.

While Morgan finds the throwback efforts to be "backward," Piper Weiss of Yahoo! Shine says the trend is a natural progression, as the children influenced by 1980's, are today's directors and producers:

"It's kind of fun to have a reason to introduce our pop culture past to kids today and make them more media-literate in terms of how their stuff has been influenced by the stuff we grew up with."

To read more about Piers' resistance to the 1980's resurgence, and the "Only in America" franchise, check out the full CNN.com article.

-–

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Only in America • Piers On CNN
  1. Noseman Alabama

Piers'
    I will tell you this and it cannot be disputed. I've broken my nose 3 times. First time I fell flat on my face ice skating. Result blood all over the ice and my clothes. Nose swollen so much and congested with tried blood It was obvious to anyone who saw me. Second time playing pick-up football. Head butt to my nose. My shirt completely soaked as blood poured from my nose for fifteen minutes. The third time playing basketball a shoulder to the nose. Once again blood everywhere. Unless George Zimmerman changed clothes, I would say that it would be nearly impossible for the kind of contact he reports to not have soaked his clothing in blood. It doesn't pass the test of my experiences with blunt force blow to the nose.

March 30, 2012 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Isiah Ezekiel

According to one police officer's report, there was no sign of any injury on any part of Zimmerman's body; but remember, Zimmerman's father is an ex-judge, he can make anything happen the way he wants. SO HE THINKS! If Zimmerman gets off, with all this evidence against him, I guanrantee you the State's Prosecutor is a personal friend of Zimmerman's father. A video, which plainly showed a young black boy being smothered by Correctional Officers while in a boot camp, could not convince a jury that these Correctional Officers murdered this boy, and the Judge thought the trial a joke (in Florida); the only way that Zimmerman will be arrested and convicted is that the public outcry and attention some how will hit the pockets and purses of deep pocket Americans. And that is a shame. Black people has been and are still being handled as if they are not human beings. It is so sad, and we all must die one day and that day God says, 'Be sure your sin will find you out'.

March 30, 2012 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Pat Thomas

Has anyone thought about what would have happened if this was a police officer who shot an unarmed citizen? Answer: Would have been placed on Administrative Leave AN HIS GUN CONFISCATED!! until an in depth investigation was completed. Zimmerman is laughable, his comments make no sense. The funeral director stated Trayvon's hands were clean obviously no abrasions or bruises. Thank God he did not become a police officer, because he obvious is incapable of following orders.

March 30, 2012 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Isiah Ezekiel

My concern is , why was Trayvon's body held as a john'doe' for three days and what did the medical examiner do to the body? I am appalled and sick to think that people could and would desecrate Trayvon's body to justify murder. I am comforted in the knowledge that God has said in his word, 'nothing is unseen and no sin goes unpunished'. Bless His Holy Name!

March 30, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. CJ

Nobody cares what you think about anything Piers Morgan. If you want to continually criticize our country, why don't you just leave? Nobody watches your show anyway. Again, we don't care what you think. Go away.

March 30, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Julie

Thank you, you are so right!

March 31, 2012 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. Pk

I am so sick with this so called pro journalist. He made himself looks so stupid instead...

March 31, 2012 at 12:47 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Julie

Piers Morgan: DAMN! did you blow it or what??? interviewing the brother, then letting him tell how it all went down (according to Zimmerman's story) the brother who was NOT THERE, himself? The most stupid interview I ever saw AND YOU DID IT!

March 31, 2012 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Randy

CNN, help the economy and hire an American.

April 1, 2012 at 3:09 am | Report abuse | Reply