Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

April 4th, 2012

Ted Nugent returns to "Piers Morgan Tonight"

Coming up this evening on "Piers Morgan Tonight," musician Ted Nugent returns to the program for a live interview.

The 63-year-old author and activist last appeared in May, telling Piers Morgan "anybody that wants to disarm me, can drop dead. Anybody that wants to unarm me and make me helpless...we're going to beat you, we're going to vote you out of office. Or, suck on my machine gun."

In the aftermath of the Trayvon Martin case, Nugent recently penned a "The Washington Times" op-ed cautioning the public from jumping to conclusions, and encouraging calm.

Tune in this evening at 9 p.m. for a candid and honest discussion with the Republican supporter and Mitt Romney endorser.
-–
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. mike

Piers..I just tuned out and turned the channel. Your European bias and unwillingness to listen to those on the show is appalling. Great guests...horrible overtalking on your part. I'm done.

April 4, 2012 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Adam

Piers, we are all wondering why in t that the hell you didn't ask Mr. crump about his false letter to the justice department? You clearly can tell your qustioning is bias as a journilist...do i need to go to Fox news? Really? by the way shove your Brit BULL !!! This will an is aleinating your viewer"s ....Im one of em!! SHAPE UP OR GO HOME!!!!!

April 4, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Vi

Absolutely ........... Piers, you are not in Britain and we don't care how it would play out if it were in Britain – enough of the Britain already!

April 5, 2012 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
    • John Law

As a law enforcement "official" for 29+years I think that I can speak to this with some expertise. Piers loves to harkin back to merry old England and how much more civilized they appear to be regarding firearms laws. We are two different countries and let us not forget why. We did not stand for the King or Queen's men exercising government sanctioned unreasonable search and seizure. Today in GB a LE "official" can still enter your home without a judge issued warrant and sieze anything that they see fit. We should not stand for that anymore than we should stand for any attack on our bill of rights, speech, press, arms or any one single right. Democracy and freedom are scary, but what is terrifying is the loss of individual freedom. My take on the incident; Trayvon was dressed as a "gangsta", Zimmerman was overreacting, Trayvon and Zimmerman confronted each other and both acted with some sort of violence... And a tragedy occurred. But let me ask this; If a 6'3", white teeenager, dressed as a skinhead was walking through an African American neighborhood, and was confronted what would be the result?

April 4, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • DHB

You are a perfect example of whats wrong with law enforcement.

April 4, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
      • DanaL

I am a middle aged white woman. I wear hoodies. How is wearing a hoodie in the rain while you're walking and talking on the phone a 'gangsta' outfit. Give me a break! You're saying the same thing Geraldo did, and his 30 year old son had to straighten him out. At least he did publicly apologize for such a stupid comment. The rest of what you said about our rights here versus England, I agree with. I've lived in both places and although I love England, I'm glad I was born in America.

April 5, 2012 at 4:06 am | Report abuse |
      • John Law

Please don't read anything more into what I wrote. I too wear a hoodie, I never mentioned hoodie. What I was referring too was a "look". I refer to his Facebook pic. Enough said. And that does not place any guilt on Trayvon, he can "look" however he darn well pleases. However it most likely was a contributing factor to the way an untrained George Zimmerman responded from the very beginning. And if Trayvon then reacted with aggression you have a very dangerous situation. Refer to my original post, a "tradagedy" occurred one that could have been prevented if BOTH parties approached each other with respect.

April 5, 2012 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
      • lolabird

Ask Reginald Denny, a white construction worker, who was pulled from his truck by a group of black thugs and nearly beaten to death. Anything to say, Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson?
        If a 6'3" young man were on top of you beating the hell out of you, what would you do?

April 5, 2012 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
      • Toms

John, You are telling blatant lies and you know it. As someone that lived in England for 10 years the police can not enter your house without a warrant. They can not even touch you unless they are arresting you or you assault them. You should get a passport and see how other democratic police forces act and you will understand why American police are not respected.

April 5, 2012 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
      • larrylinn

The Black guy would be in jail.

April 8, 2012 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dubbleya

Piers attempted to carry the Shapton media lynching agenda and looked absolutely foolish. Good post.

April 5, 2012 at 5:57 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • Devi Sandler

To the contrary, troll. He didn't toe a right wing line. Go back to Fox where you came from. Go on shoo. Low-information race-obsessed, Fox-talking points-spewing idiot. You don't understand the world beyond your own backyard.

April 5, 2012 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • gasface49

...Did you know Romney speaks fluent France? During the height of the Vietnam War, @ 22 in 1966, as a seminary student for over 3 and half years he didn't receive a draft notice. I did, although I was a Baptist with no-MONEY, I endured. Also, Sean Penn was photographed with a 'shotgun' with others during the days of 2005's Katrina. Ted Nugent then, and Ted Nugent now. I, just remember the line in "Oceans 11" Ted nugent whats his shirt back. I gave ot him!...

April 5, 2012 at 9:59 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lynn

I agree, Mike! I couldn't believe Pier's bias in this whole interview with Ted Nugent and Zimmermans attorneys and Martin's attorneys.. talk about BIAS. He wouldn't let Zimmerman's lawyers finish their replies, was hell bent on knowing Martin is innocent because he bought Skittles! Really? Is that the only fact that makes someone innocent of crimes now? Being black and buying candy automatically means you could NOT have attacked Zimmerman as the OTHER side is stating. None of us were there, but, so many are putting a bounty on Zimmerman's head, Spike Lee's big FUMBLE setting the elderly couple up for possible violence by tweeting their address as Zimmermans??!! Why wasn't Spike Lee and the Black Panthers arrested for their actions here?? ridiculous. Zimmerman deserves a fair and balanced trial, and not to be convicted just because this 17yr old was Black! ENOUGH ALREADY! CNN is very biased on this case, so I don't watch them, but thought Piers might be more objective–I was so wrong! Shame on them all..And, the Black Congressmen wearing hoodies holding bags of Skittles while working for us taxpayers!! you look stupid....

April 5, 2012 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Toms

You show your anti European mentality. Europe is made up of 50 seperate countries and you lump them all under the one umbrella. I guess you have not travelled much.

April 5, 2012 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • J B

Piers , as long as you have a show on CNN , I will not watch CNN.
      You idiotic POM bast#rd !!

April 19, 2012 at 6:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Sue Martin

Skittles...really. How come no one has mentioned "Skitteling" is a popular way kids are getting high
    these days. Not an innocent sweet kid no doubt. How has this slipped by the media frenzy?

April 4, 2012 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Todson White

What on earth are you talking about? It is a fact that Trayvon Martin bought Skittles at the store. Skittles is a brand of fruit flavored sweets. The Skittles you are refering to is the slang name of an ingredient in cough syrup. Your absurd claim that Trayvon pocessed cough syrup is absolutelly false, and you should be ashamed of yourself for saying something that you know is not true

April 4, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Adam

After this interview tonight Pier's your integrity as a journalist i must call into question....IM DONE WITH THIS SHOW !!

April 4, 2012 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DanaL

Unless Trayvon's father's girlfriend is lying, that won't work here. According to her and her son ( a lot younger than Trayvon), Trayvon went to the store to get tea and skittles for her son, not for himself. I understand wanting to look at all sides of an issue, but you have to know the background story first.

April 5, 2012 at 4:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • tony

Now that many more FACTS are available, it seems Travon's parents have MILLIONS of reasons to lie. RIP Rodney!

September 8, 2012 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • gasface49

...Your know was else was on his mind, some theft, was coming up to him wanted to steal him sneakers. As a adult it's to ridiculous to consider, but your not 16 plus three days into your birth day, He was heading to his fathers house to watch the college games, He sotp for some treats. His girl has mad @ him for not spending time with her. Thats why she was on the phone-you know- to interfer with him going to his pop's house. Knockhead Zimmerman comes up to him, and Trayvin things he's gon'na get robbed, for his sneakers, Don't think like an adult, thing like a 17 old kid...

April 5, 2012 at 10:20 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Lynn

Right Sue! It seems all you have to do now in America is to be Black, buy candy and iced tea to be ASSUMED innocent of a crime?? really!!??? They keep showing him riding a horse too, and with family members in pictures..WHO doesn't have pictures like that? Does that automatically mean they cannot commit an assault, or crime? it's soooo goofy, this is why I normally do not watch CNN, I thought Piers would be more objective, but was very disappointed....Fox News has been balanced and fair in this reporting, so I will stay with them!

April 5, 2012 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • CiCi

Wow are you really that ignorant, or just mentally challenged? he had a bag of candy. You need to go back to school so your brain cells can work.

April 5, 2012 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. Leigh

While not usually a fan of piers Morgan I have to say I thought he handled the attorneys really well. Polite but insistent and well informed. I wish more interviewers would challenge their interviewees as happened tonight. They were both willing to spin and smear and refused to answer direct questions. Liked it a lot.

April 4, 2012 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. rose

Piers.. Please get off the Florida case , I just tuned in and then changed the channel, let the law decide the case.

April 4, 2012 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • D Williams

Piers, if you don't like our laws, go back to England where you belong. I will not be watching your program from now on!

April 4, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Devi S

And you, go back to Fox where the discussion is more to your level. I'm sure you're a member of the "base" that Fox loves: low-information viewers, not much education, low to moderate income. All things bad you blame on Obama and probably now Trayvon. go on get out of here. Go back to Fox.

April 5, 2012 at 4:45 am | Report abuse |
    • AmericanGunPacker

"I'm sure you're a member of the "base" that Fox loves: low-information viewers, not much education, low to moderate income"
      ====
      Hilarious

I'm sure you're a member of the "base" that CNN loves: low-information viewers, not much education, low to moderate income

January 18, 2013 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Jmann

Get piers Morgan off the air! He goes in circles and relates great Britain as superior to the US in so many ways! If he wants to live in great Britain then tell him to go for it! No one has to listen to his gibberish!

April 4, 2012 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jacob

CNN this is a rational plea to the newtork to fire Piers morgan. This is the USA not Great Britain and we have enough problems in our country withought piers putting us down and telling us how much better Great Britain is. I think it is so sad for the amercian public and the networks that you allow this and have allowed it since he took over for Larry. As longtime viewer and son of longtime viewers I will have to stop tunning in and will make it a point to adivise my friends family and fortune 500 employer to please do everything in their power to stop watching cnn until piers is gone.

April 4, 2012 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • buck68

I totally agree with Jacob, Piers...You are a disgrace. Go back to the UK if you think that is a better way of handling a home invasion and threat to your life. Apparently Morgan was a TV judge. Just watched his interview with Zimmerman"s attorneys and could not believe how rude and uneducated this man is. Maybe Morgan should stick to soft interviews with celebrities and stop trying to be a judge of what he doesn't understand. I have tried to give Morgan a chance but just can't watch him make a fool of himself. Too many other options, PLEASE CNN cut your losses and fire the Brit!!!!

April 4, 2012 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
      • Claudia

I completely agree. Piers is completely biased and rude when he interviews guests with a viewpoint he disagrees with. CNN please get him off the air!!! After watching Larry King for 25 years I have decided after tonight I will no longer be watching!! I've been turned off in the past with Piers' interviews. One that stands out was how rude he was to Kirk Cameron who is a decent family man and actor trying to raise the bar in the entertainment industry and Piers was attaching his belief system...another UNAMERICA act, and was completely rude to him. I felt awful for Kirk. We don't need this guy every single night causing more division and adding more negativity to America who is already suffering. His closing comments are always negative. GET HIM OFF THE AIR!!! I miss Larry!! He was a the best. Always respectful and neutral during interviews. I'm done!!!!

April 4, 2012 at 10:24 pm | Report abuse |
      • Ross

Jacob, I'm not American or British, it's true the US has a lot of problems, like every country, but trust me the UK is incredibly overrated. The only good thing good about GB is The Economist. He did do a good interview tonight though...I'll give him that.

April 5, 2012 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
      • L.Rocha

Bollucks!

April 19, 2012 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. David

Piers, why do you keep refering to "what would happen in Britain." If you so disagree with our rights to defend ourselves, give up the big pay check, and head back to jolly ole England.

April 4, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Paul Templeton

Piers, get a clue as to how our county works. Your interview with George Zimmermans attorneys was the most stupid thing I have ever heard. Learn the county, learn the laws, and start being an objective reporter. You are so bias in your thoughts you should be deported!!!!!

April 4, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. American

If you feel more comfortable in the way Britian does things, get the hell at of USA. Quit using the Tayvon case to up your ratings. Don't speak for Americans.

April 4, 2012 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DHB

Sure, take the childish route and resort to insults. Afterall, we Americans are prefect and have nothing to learn from other CIVIL societies. Pathetic! Our own ignorance and arrogance will be the undoing of this nation.

April 4, 2012 at 11:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. dottie

You, Piers, are a disgrace! You are one sided, arrogant and pompous!!! Go back to your country where you seem to think all is done correctly. You are looking for sensualist outbursts and stirring discontent. You are a disgrace to the media!

April 4, 2012 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  10. Marie

First and last time to see the show, horrible interview,what a waste of time.

April 4, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  11. Joe

Hey Piers,

April 4, 2012 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • inverse137

No, zimmerman is not a track star.

He is a murderer.

April 19, 2012 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • bajajoes

Black leaders will be extremely embarassed for the persecution of Zimmerman when his background of helping their community is revealed in court.
        And how is a man to be convicted of murder when the other person's fingerprints are on his weapon?
        The prosecutor is desperate for Zimmerman to plea bargain as NO JURY would convict!
        This will be revealed and some people will not be able to find a hole deep enough in which to hide from shame.

April 19, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
      • Jim

Bajahoe, I pray you never get on a Jury as it seems you have already convicted him. This based on what is it? Oh yeah, let me guess, TV and Internet info, neither of which are worth a crap. Think before you speak and even you could have a shot at sounding intelligent.

April 19, 2012 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
      • Lilliane

The main ingredient in large doses can rueslt in a disassociative state, with hallucinations, similar to that produced by PCP or ketamine. WOW! If Trayvon Martin indeed went to the 7/11 so he could buy ingredients for Purple Drank, well then the interaction between Purple Drank and the marijuana (which we know Trayvon Martin smoked that evening) would have to be rather complex, I'd expect.Hypothetical scenario:Tracy Martin, Trayvon's dad, departs for dinner with his girl friend and leaves a trouble teenage drug user without adult supervision. Trayvon Martin raids dad's girl friends medicine cabinet and finds the necessary main ingredient, cough syrup, and then departs for the 7/11 to obtain the remaining ingredients, Skittles and tea . Some users report that the large amount of sugar in Purple Drank causes tooth decay. One may recall the extensive gold caps on 17 year old Trayvon Martin's front teeth (costing what? $5,000, $6,000 or $7,000?)The full toxicology report is going to be so very interesting.Reply

September 8, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  12. Ed

Piers, if you would be so much more comfortable living in the UK with their laws, you could move back. No one is forcing you to stay in the US.

April 4, 2012 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  13. martin and zimmerman

The Americans need to look at a better solution re guns. I believe in the British legal system and of course because I am a Canadian, I believe in our judicial system. This would not happen here. The legal system iregarding carrying guns n some of the american states need to be changed . Take a look Americans at the number of gun incidents in your schools, on the streets and shopping centres; it is like the wild west!!!

April 4, 2012 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • buck68

You think its bad now, just imagine if the only people with guns were the criminals and not the average citizen just protecting their family and home!

April 4, 2012 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jim

This country was founded by men with guns. Yours was not.

April 4, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  14. jawfish

Nugent looks like Aileen Wuornos....are they related???

April 4, 2012 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  15. chris

Apparently Morgan was a TV judge. Just watched his interview with Zimmerman"s attorneys and could not believe how rude and uneducated this man is. Maybe Morgan should stick to soft interviews with celebrities and stop trying to be a judge of what he doesn't understand. I have tried to give Morgan a chance but just can't watch him make a fool of himself. Too many other options.Thank God CNN still has Anderson Cooper at least.

April 4, 2012 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  16. patrice

Please get Piers Morgan out of the US. Go back to England!

April 4, 2012 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • patrice

politicsnewsaja

What are you talking about? Nonsense

April 4, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  17. Phil-Wisconsin

Great interview. I like the fact that a legal discussion took place prior to the trial with out a lot of we can't comment on that. I also appreciate the direct questions from Piers and good answers from the attorneys.

April 4, 2012 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  18. David

Just curious...
    Were the authorities wearing gloves? If there was blood from the nose or the head injuries claimed, wouldn't the police be wearing some form protection?

April 4, 2012 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  19. politicsnewsaja

With all the break ins there that everyone claims were young black men, Zimmerman decided to create his one man army neighborhood watch. Since only one of them has been successfully convicted, I believe a level of frustration came into play and Zimmerman decided the next suspect would receive his justice since the legal system was failing. He spotted Trayvon, a young black male and profiled him to be another of the black young burglars. He called police to set the stage. When 911 told him not to follow, he angered thinking another one was going to get away. He continued his stalk and refused to meet police at the mail boxes because he was not going to let them get this victim alive this time. Zimmerman decided to be jurry and judge this time. He would send a message since the legal system was failing to future robbers there. Come here you die. Zimmerman knew about the Stand Your Ground Law and counted on murdering this child without prosecution. What he did not count on was Trayvon being on the phone with the last known witness. Zimmerman reached Trayvon and grabbed the phone to end the call. Zimmerman produced his gun. Trayvon responded by protecting his self and the scuffle was on. Zimmerman injuries were minor but sustained because Zimmerman was not counting on Trayvon putting up a fight. Zimmerman ultimately murdered Trayvon with foreknowledge of the law. Hense, he was correct until the unexpected happened. The press took the story and ran with it. Zimmerman is another one of those, "I almost got away with it" stories. G_d intervened and now the truth will come out. How is that for a psychic story? Tell the feds to present this to Zimmerman and see a man shake in his shoes. Bet he wants to know who the psychic is that knows his story so well! MUAH...

April 4, 2012 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • buck68

What color is the sky in your world, most intellegent people would like to have at least a few facts and to hear the full story before writing such a fantacy.

April 4, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  20. Patriot

Piers...You are a disgrace. Go back to the UK if you think that is a better way of handling. I was uneasy about how the media was handling this case. After your interview, I am now scared. You won't be satisfied until George Zimmerman is killed.

April 4, 2012 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  21. David

Ted Nugent is wrong. How about common courtesy instead of being a stalker and pervert looking for little boys. In the middle ages when openly armed men met they would actually raize thier visors and identify themselves. I would say that the right is becoming more talibanish.

April 4, 2012 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  22. Bill

Just finished listening to Piers describe his love for British Law. Seems like he should pursue that love and go back to the UK.

April 4, 2012 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  23. pamique

Piers, being a neighborhood watch official is not governed by some legal code. Zimmerman had a legal right to carry a gun. Its the law. You may find it distasteful, but fortunately your opinion does not make law.

You state on your show that Zimmerman would have been arrested in the same situation in Britain. Fine, that is the law in Britain. It is not the law in Florida. If you don't like it, if you are an American citizen, you have the right to influence legislation. If you are not an American citizen, your opinions are just so much sniping. If you like Britain so much more, I would invite you to head on back to Britain.

In 1776 our forebears had a revolution and drove the British out because they didn't like the way the British were running things. And we still think we run things better than the British, thank you very much.

Trayvon Martin's death is a tragedy and with the exception of Trayvon's poor parents, probably no one regrets his death more than Zimmerman. But our grief or some notion of justice must never be allowed to usurp the legal process. Doing so hands trial and punishment over to the mob.

What is obvious after watching your exchanges tonight is that you are willing and even eager to throw in with the emotional mob.

April 4, 2012 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  24. Denny

I have 2 grandchildren who are half black. I have 2 sisters that married to black men. If anything like this situation happened to them I would be irate. However, if we are going to have any justice in this country, we cannot allow the media such as Piers Morgan, Soledad O'Brien, and Anderson Cooper to convict them before there is even a trial. What they have been doing is utterly irresponsible. If there is a riot over this situation, we can all blame CNN. All they are doing is fueling hatred and violence. All you have to do is watch how Pierce and the other hate mongers question the Martin's family lawyers and family and how they talk with the Zimmerman's lawyers and family. I stopped watching MSNBC a long time ago and have never watched Fox because I thought both were not reporting the news in an unbiased manner. I am through with CNN and call on all others to boycott the station for their irresponsible biased, amateurish "reporting".

April 4, 2012 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • pamique

Great post. The press led by CNN has become wildly irresponsible by fueling the passions of the mob for the sake of boosting their own careers, all the while congratulating themselves on their moral superiority. It is revolting.

April 4, 2012 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DHB

How are they fueling hate by reporting what children truthfully think about race? The problem is , people like you would rather close your eyes and live with a false sense of reality. Anyone can ignore an issue, but it takes courage to hear and confront the truth.

April 4, 2012 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Yulistiya

Thanks for your complete vaullbae efforts about this blog. My mother takes pleasure in suffering from investigations which is uncomplicated to grasp why. Many of us hear all in regards to the powerful means you convey insightful information by means of the site and in addition improve contribution from website visitors on that content plus my simple princess is without a doubt learning a whole lot. Experience the remaining portion of the year. You’re conducting a really good job.

September 9, 2012 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  25. chris

Congrats Morgan you just got outclassed by Ted Nugent. Whether in the UK or USA that is no easy trick. I usually don't agree with Nugent but you stupidity actually made him look good. Then again you can always have a beer with Nancy Grace. She is right up your alley.

April 4, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  26. threetowersresidential

guns for country folks are probably necessary because of response time of police and citizens need to defend themselves. cities have shorter response times and police are close by, citizens in high density high intensity situations with guns puts police/law enforcement at a strategic disadvantage in defending citizens from armed robbers, AK47s and semi-automatics. cities and high density populations/states should have a different gun law and not infringe upon the countryside's rights to bear arms to hunt and defend. good interview with the NRA peirs.

April 4, 2012 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • buck68

By the time the police arrive the crime is usually done, too late to "protect" anyone.

April 4, 2012 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  27. R Mac Millan

Stop lying Piers! The UK has more than 400 knife attacks each week (see UK Telegraph site). That's more than 20,000 knife attacks each year. The brutal knife murders in your country are out of control...you lying Tory. But I guess you forgot to mention that in your little chart that condemned the US for having guns.

April 4, 2012 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Adam

I couldn't agree more.....knife point..sorry i mean nice point.....God bless the 2nd Amendment

April 4, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • buck68

Great point Adam

April 4, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marlena

We all know if Zimmerman had been Black and Trayvon Martin had been White, Zimmerman would have been arrested for muredr that night, indicted within the week and in jail awaiting trial. The bottom line is he's a muredrer and a hate criminal and it's about time the State of Florida brought him to justice.

May 20, 2012 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  28. TC

Piers, I just can't stand watching your show any more. I think it is a travesty that they dared position you as Larry King's replacement. Larry made interviews interesting with great questions and always gave an unbiased impression. You on the other hand are a windbag who feels compelled to incessantly sqeek his opinions out while talking over guests. You also love to take shots at our country. If you find it so outrageous, do us a favor and go back to the UK. I really refuse to tune in and listen to your opinions over and over. So long.

April 4, 2012 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  29. PAM

HIS WOULD BE NO ISSUE IF IT WAS A BLACK KILLING A BLACK
    BLACKS NEED TO STOP THE RACIAL GAMES AND REALIZE ITS THE 21ST CENTURY!!!

April 4, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  30. pamique

Augusta is a private club. However distasteful we find their rules, they have a right to their rules. They are free people and we thank Heaven that they have the legal right to keep their rules, despite your priggish moralistic grandstanding.

April 4, 2012 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  31. bajajoes

Piers, after your disdain for US laws & Guns on tonites show You can shove it! Your opinion on US laws & Guns is worth less legally than a Gob of Warm Spit!
    Thank You TED NUGENT for standing up for US LAWS! You were a great Patriot telling this sheep of a Brit to go hide under his bed..... we will defend ourselves here in US!

April 4, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • s0ul

Ted Nugent is a right-wing moron if your supporting his stupid ideas.

April 4, 2012 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
      • Jim

Huh?

April 4, 2012 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
      • s0ul

I believe I was saying if Ted does stand up for US laws then why did this fake patriot dodge the draft during the Vietnam War.

April 5, 2012 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  32. Steven

Ted Nugent is a disingenuous when he says he cares about black youth that are killed daily in their own communities. Well Mr. Nugent become advocate for humanity and put your money where your mouth is. If you really cared about Children you should take care of the ones you had out of wedlock and given up for adoption. Black youth are victims of a society that doesn't value black life or the struggle of black people in a white dominated society. You don't give a damn about the Trayvon Martin case. You care about your stupid gun lobby and the ignorant stand your ground law.

April 4, 2012 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • TC

How is that you have the ability to read a person's heart or true feelings? Is this some divine gift you were given? You should be exalted. Now I can not say with certainty what Ted nugent thinks (like you), but I can tell you what I think. I think he's amazing. Big brain, big passion, very articulate and I still love Cat Scratch Fever. I think I'll crank it right now and play a little air guitar thinking of you.

April 4, 2012 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  33. Diane

Ted Nugent a pedophile and a draft dodger. He's your typical NRA whimp. Men define their manhood by their number of weapons. SICKOS. You shouldn't give the jerk the air time. He should be buried out in the backyard.

I lived in the SFbay area among 11 million people for 38 yrs.. never felt the need to arm myself. Yet where I live now, Oregon they just passed a law saying guns on college campuses are OK. In my town (8k pop) I'm probably the only person without a gun. I don't understand what these people are so freaking stared of.

Nugent owns a hunting ranch near Jackson, Michigan, called Sunrize Acres. Anti-hunters claim this fenced facility offers "canned" hunts.

showed Nugent killing a very young buck which had been attracted by commercial bait. Both the killing of such a young deer and the use of bait are crimes under California state law. On August 13, 2010, he pled no contest in Yuba County to two misdemeanors: illegally baiting a deer, and failing to have a deer tag signed by a government official after a kill. He was fined USD $1,750 by the court.

April 4, 2012 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • TC

So its okay to "bury Ted Nugent in the backyard" but its not okay to thin a herd. Wow, you have some issues.

April 4, 2012 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Erisary

Howdy! I know this is kinda off topic but I'd figured I'd ask. Would you be ineeserttd in exchanging links or maybe guest writing a blog post or vice-versa? My site covers a lot of the same topics as yours and I think we could greatly benefit from each other. If you're ineeserttd feel free to send me an e-mail. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!

September 10, 2012 at 1:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  34. HELEN

THIS IS 160 YEARS AFTER SLAVERY!!!
    IF THIS WAS A BLACK KILLING A BLACK NO ISSUE
    IF IT WAS A BLACK KILLING A WHITE NO ISSUE BUT OH MY GOD A BLACK WAS KILLED BY A WHITE MAN LETS DISECTAND INTERROGATE EVERYTHING AND GT THE SUPREME COURT INVOLVED
    RIDICULOUS!!!!

April 4, 2012 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • buck68

Unfortunately a lot of the old "civil rights" leaders are just chomping at the bit for an issue to return them to the news and the integrity of the issue is not important or they would at least hear both sides and the investigators before trumping up the unsubstantiated charges. No wonder so many are suffering from "racism fatigue", have they not heard of the boy who cried wolf?
      Joe " It isn't illegal to carry a gun with a permit in FL no matter what,.....get a clue. Also, if Martin was "running away" and had a head start how in the world did Zimmerman catch up to him? Martin was 17 years old and athletic football player, Zimmerman was tubby and much older. So, how did Zimmerman catch up to him? His lawyer says he was only 75 yards from his door, and the sidewalk is only 145 yards long total. So, ......is Zimmerman a track star? Just saying."

Quoting Pam "OH MY GOD THE MARTIN BOY WAS NO ANGEL EITHER !! BUT BECAUSE HES BLACK OH MY GOD LETS EXAMINE THE 911 TAPES FOR RACIAL SLURS ETC STOP IT ALREADY ITS GROSS THIS IS THE YEAR 2012
      quoting HELEN "THIS IS 160 YEARS AFTER SLAVERY!!! YET THE BLACK PEOPLE IN THIS COUNTRY CANT GET OVER IT AND THEY ACT UP ANY CHANCE THEY GET!!!" IF THIS WAS A BLACK KILLING A BLACK NO ISSUE , IF IT WAS A BLACK KILLING A WHITE NO ISSUE BUT OH MY GOD A BLACK WAS KILLED BY A WHITE MAN LETS DISECT AND INTERROGATE EVERYTHING AND GET THE SUPREME COURT INVOLVED RIDICULOUS". Yes we still have some problems but we have to move forward

April 5, 2012 at 12:50 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • DanaL

Let's keep the facts straight. This was an Hispanic on black killing. All anyone has to do is look at his picture to know that he is not white. Get it right. Al Sharpton did the same thing in the beginning. He blamed a white person.

April 5, 2012 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
      • Devi S

It's interesting how you Foxified types get so exercised about all things racial. It's even more interesting how weirded out you get when the discussion is a cross between guns and race. Why don't you take your sorry a$$ back to Fox where you can be with your own low-information kind?

April 5, 2012 at 4:19 am | Report abuse |
    • lolabird

Helen, you are so right!
      Trevor Dooley, a black man, walked across the street from his house to a park filled with children brandishing a gun, and killed an Air Force veteran, David James, in front of James' 8 year-old daughter. He was not charged. What say ye, Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson?
      Two black 16 year-old black teenagers doused a 13 year-old white teenager with gasoline and set him on fire. What say ye, al sharpton and Jesse Jackson.?
      Personally, I think Piers Morgan is afraid of black people.

April 5, 2012 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  35. Prrsist

Piers, I'm a huge fan of yours, but even you have to see that you've gone from weakly unbiased, straight to blatantly biased towards the Martin side. What Trayvon had in his hands has nothing to do with the fact that after they came into contact, there was obviously a fight, so the snacks were irrelovant. If Zimmerman was being attacked and in fear of his life, he had a right to defend himself plain and simple. Regardless of how sad the outcome is, it is the law that anyone of us would want for ourselves if we were in an altercation that got out of hand. How we got there is irrelovant!

April 4, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  36. PAM

OH MY GOD THE MARTIN BOY WAS NO ANGEL EITHER !! BUT BECASUE HES BLACK OH MY GOD LETS EXAMINE THE 911 TAPES FOR RAICAIL SLURS ETC STOP IT ALREADY ITS GROSS THIS IS THE YEAR 2012`~~~~~~

April 4, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  37. Candy

Are using guns the only way for self-defense? What about mace, taser, or even tranquilizer guns? Do we really treasure human life that much? Or we just treasure our own life and properties more than others'?

April 4, 2012 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jim

Let me know how that mace, taser, or even tranquilizer guns work out for ya.

April 4, 2012 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • DanaL

That's why so many people are upset that George didn't stay in his car; wait for the police; and let them handle it. They are trained, and even if things had gotten dicey, they know how to use many other tactics before using deadly force. I'm pretty sure Trayvon would still be alive if it had gone that way. I care about life...color is irrelevant...words said or not said are irrelevant. The point is a man killed a young man who had no way to defend himself against a deadly weapon.

April 5, 2012 at 4:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  38. Todson White

Why did you ask a biased far right nutcase like Ted Nugent to comment on the Trayvon Martin case? That gun loving lunatic has absolutely no credability. He proved that when he said he agreed with the decision of Sanford police cheif Bill Lee and Florida State Attorney Norm Wolfinger to release Zimmerman when there was ample evedence to hold him in custody after arresting him. If Toure had pesonally insulted your character the vicious way Nugent did tonight you would have been outraged, but after Nugent's insult, you continued your show as if he had not said anything offensive to you at all. Why do you have different rules for different people?

April 4, 2012 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  39. SHW

Piers, If you think UK has superior system than US, my suggestion to you is go back home.

April 4, 2012 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Devi S

And you need to hightail it back to Fox. Go on get out of here. Go back and drink in all of that stuff that keeps your three brain cells alive. Guns; anti-Trayvon rhetoric; Obama is the devil; God, bibles, fetuses; Sarah ("I can see Russia from my house") Palin; Obamacare is three devils; guns; Stand Your Ground laws; Obama is the devil; guns; shoot to kill, especially young black men/Latinos, whichever, doesn't matter; newt/rick/mitt; We hate health insurance; guns.

April 5, 2012 at 4:13 am | Report abuse | Reply
  40. randy

just to clarify, when piers pointed out the number of guns in the u.s. versus the number of guns in the u.k., he forgot to mention that we also have 5x the population here. i can't find the numbers he used on this website anywhere, but i would suspect percentage wise, the number of guns per capita is not that much different. this is typical of someone who wants to skew the numbers to prove their point without providing all the details and data.

April 4, 2012 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Jim

Piers won't tell you that the US sent a whole lot of guns to England during WWII to arm them against invasion. And after the war they destroyed them instead of sending them back.

April 4, 2012 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  41. Lomax

Piers did a good job on staying on track and posing clear and understandable questions. The attorney's for Zimmerman should just stop doing interviews. They are easily riled and they are unable to fully answer questions straight on, which further makes Zimmerman look guilty. We will never know the full truth because the other person involved is dead. Any human has the right to defend him or her self. Whether the outcome to Zimmerman's actions are due to improper procedure and profiling or on purpose, Zimmerman should go through the proper legal process. I found no offense in Piers's referencing Great Britain's legal procedures. The lawyers childish stabs at Piers about the mention of Great Britain didn't change my desire to hear a clear answer. At the end of the day I would hate for anyone's loved one to go to the store, for a ice tea & bag of skittles, and not return alive. We don't need vigilantes. This is one situation where "oops my mistake" won't rectify the situation.

April 4, 2012 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  42. Resh

RE: Piers Morgan's discussion with Ted Nugent. RE: A neighborhood watchman volunteer should be armed. I believe that allowing volunteers to arm themselves..is a very bad idea. Why a volunteer must be armed? He is a volunteer not a vigilante, not a CIA. not a police officer! The volunteer is a watchman, not to shoot anyone, and after the fact that a person had been shot, and got killed like in this particular event, with no immediate arrest to the shooter or killer, then to tell his own side of the story..one side of the story perhaps even a made up story, true or not and speculation of facts, after the fact that someone been killed, and will not have justice for the other person who had been killed.. Also, why chose someone with extreme paranoia, knows how to shoot or use a gun and using it for the inappropriate scenario without further investigating why a person was in the neighborhood, all based on Mr. Zimmerman's paranoia. I think, he was acting trying to prove something to himself not for the goal of being a watchman. The 17 year old kid is just 70 yards away from his relatives home where he just moved in then got shot and killed. Why is Mr. Zimmerman there anyway following the kid who is just so close to his home? Why he has to pursuit the kid. Why he had to fight with the kid? Zimmerman supposedly the mature adult. Why? Why did he not listen to the police when they told him not to follow the kid. I will get very upset too, if I am being followed on my way home just so close 70 yards of my home without any reason..I would think in this case, perhaps that person is a rapist, a theft, "Why am I being followed? What is he apt to? If I were the 17 year old kid being followed, Absolutely have to protect myself, asking myself what is this man apt to..planning to do with me? All those questions, I will be thinking and yes, I will protect myself no matter what, especially when he is carrying a gun. I will be screaming at the top of my lungs..and then, Yep, Zimmerman shot the kid to silence him and then tell the story that he shot the kid for self defense. How easy is that for his convenience? I think that this is terrible..terrible. My beloved country of America! A neighborhood watchman volunteer must not be armed, must have fair judgement with sound mind and kind heart! No blurries!

Also, Don't attack Pier's Morgan! He is just trying to explore the possibilities! For heaven's sake. England has nothing to do with this scenario!

April 4, 2012 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  43. Resh

April 4, 2012 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  44. buck68

In America the way is supposed to be innocent UNTILL PROVEN guilty, the police / government have no right to arrest anyone unless they have met the legal standard of "probable cause".

April 4, 2012 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Devi Sandler

And a self-appointed neighborhood watch idiot - with a previous arrest record and anger-management issues - shouldn't blow someone away with a high-powdered handgun. Obviously Zimmerman is nothing more than a trigger-happy moron who was too stupid to realize that his actions can have permanent consequences. Piers did a superb interview with Zimmerman's two inarticulate lawyers, who like many of the "Foxified" illiterates on this thread, can't argue their points without emoting or resorting to Fox News talking points. For anyone who wants to know what the Fox talking points are, here they are in a nutshell: libs, libtards, blacks, Obama, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, msnbc, Trayvon, occupy wall street, whatever - they hate all equally and thoroughly. They love guns, whites, especially low-information whites; guns; that gun-slinging idiot who was on Piers Morgan show tonight; stars and bars, obese Rush Limbaugh, guns, cold-blooded murder of black teenagers, especially boys, cheap beer and guns.

April 5, 2012 at 3:26 am | Report abuse | Reply
  45. kenny

Piers....as always your interviews are thought-provoking and intense. I noticed the loooooong pause from Zimmerman's attorneys after your question about Trayvan martin going to the store to get skittles not being in the police report because he was dead.You are the Oprah Winfrey of late night news hosts.

April 5, 2012 at 12:28 am | Report abuse | Reply
  46. James

Thing is, I keep saying.
    If a strange man, that I didn't know approached me and pulled out a gun.
    I'd beat the shi- out of him too!!!

Does that not make sense?

Zimmerman, if he had just obeyed police orders, would have avoided all of this!

Seriously, fists and brick wall against a gun?

Just saying.

April 5, 2012 at 12:35 am | Report abuse | Reply
  47. Mitchell

Any credibility you think your show may have had just went down the toilet when you thought it was appropriate to interview a pig like Ted Nugent. If all you want is a ratings boost by having an outrageous moron on the show then you've just entered the realm of garbage TV. Congratulations. Rupert Murdoch will be proud of you.

April 5, 2012 at 12:46 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Devi S

Foxified. Who cares if you no longer watch Piers' show. You're ticked because he a.) doesn't like handguns; b.) thinks George Zimmerman and his two inarticulate lawyers are a trio of idiots and symbols of what's wrong in America and c.) Piers really, really doesn't like handguns. Go back to Fox troll. Stay with your own misguided kind.

April 5, 2012 at 3:54 am | Report abuse | Reply
  48. Bertha Washington

Piers, you did a great job tonight asking questions of the defense team to clear up some issues being asked in the media. They were very defensive with you and did not want to answer questions, but I understand your format, get the truth so we can have something to go on. They are resting on what they deem the truth that will come out later in court, what about now?. Thanks Piers for agreat interview, it was them that showed their side of the issue, not you.

April 5, 2012 at 12:51 am | Report abuse | Reply
  49. EA

If u don't like Piers Morgan,don't watch him. He is not bias and I love watching his show. Because he compares the laws between the UK and US doesn't mean that he doesn't love the US. I see now that we have a lot of ignorant people out there

April 5, 2012 at 1:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
  50. Eric Ross, Ph.D.

Pearce,

Apparently, you believe that firearms ownership is a terrible idea, and that Florida’s gun laws are “ridiculous” and result in numerous deaths. As a scientist, I just wanted to check the numbers to see if your “intuitive beliefs” were justified by actual crime statistics.

Do not take me wrong, I love London. It is clean, full of tourists, steeped in history and tradition, and have lots of friendly, polite, well-spoken policemen and helpful government and municipal employees. I have family there. In comparison, Jacksonville, Florida is a provincial capital in the middle of nowhere. The only reason I chose these two capitals was the readily available numbers of crimes reported by their police departments, and because you compared UK and Florida.

You can walk into a gun shop and buy any firearm your heart desires in Florida. I have no preconceived notions about the crime rates in either city. I took the crimes (total numbers) and divided them by the population to calculate the crime rate per 10,000 of the population.

The results were interesting to say the least, an eye-opener, actually:

Jacksonville, Florida had the manslaughter rate of 0.188 per 10,000 of its population.
    London, UK had the homicide rate of 0.175 per 10,000.

London murder rate is practically the same as in Jacksonville Florida, or 1.07 times smaller than in Florida, where citizens are armed to their teeth.

The rate of robberies in London, however, is a whopping ten (10) times higher.

Now, wouldn’t you say that an average Floridian is much safer in their person, than an average Londoner?

Eric Ross, Ph.D.

April 5, 2012 at 2:06 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Devi Sandler

Haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaa. ROTFLMAO. Yeah right, Ph.D. From where? Mailorder U? Take that tired a$$ we love our guns argument to Fox.

April 5, 2012 at 3:33 am | Report abuse | Reply
  51. Tony

Great Points,

Real DR or not, heaven forbid that the statistical facts get in the way of the truth. It's a tragedy being grossly manipulated all for the sake of what? News ratings? Political Gain?

Shameful no matter how you look at it.

April 5, 2012 at 10:12 am | Report abuse | Reply
  52. USA

Piers, I don't know why you bother almost every nite to reason with gun loving Americans. They simply don't get it & obviously never will.

You can put up stats which show an overwhelming amount of deaths in the US compared to other western countries & they will still defend their guns. It is the Ugly American mentality at its worst.

Every time you talk about Britain, you have to know how much that bothers them. After all their mantra is that the USA is the greatest country in the world. They will stick by that no matter what. Of course you will receive childish comments like "if you don't like our laws then go home." That is the best answer they can come up with.

Piers if I were you I would earn millions in the US then at some point take that $ & go live back in England. A civilized country.

You are doing your show from Los Angeles & NYC. Be grateful you are not broadcasting from the racist South or gun toting states like Texas where carrying guns is a badge of honor.

Ted Nugent. Wow! there is a piece of work. What a waste of time & space.

On a side note. Having universal health care for all citizens does not diminish the patients care. Whether a citizen pays the Dr outright or pays insurance who in turn pay the Dr does not determine the quality of the Dr

April 5, 2012 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Cuinaap

Trayvon Martin was shot on Feb. 27th. The very next day, his father Tracy Martin did two thgnis; gave an interview to FoxOrlando along with his girlfriend, Brandy Green. Green made the claim that Trayvon was just sitting on the porch and a man came up and shot him. The other thing Tracy Martin did was contact his sister-in-law, Patricia Jones, atty., and she contacted Benjamin Crump (bottom feeding tort lawyer). Crump spoke with Tracy Martin on Feb. 29th and Crump took Martin on as a client on March 1st.Crump quickly organized his Scheme Team which included Raul Julison of Julison PR. Julison knew the ropes well when it came to spinning a narrative as he was the lead PR firm for the Ware case and also had worked on promoting the media reports for the Pigford scandal of reparations graft. So while Julison provided talking points for the media, especially ABC, Crump contacted his friend, Al Sharpton to take the story national of a white vigilante killing an innocent (14 year old looking) black boy who was a model child.Although the case was yet two weeks old, and still under investigation by the Sanford PD, Crump via Jackson started screaming how the Sanford PD was not doing their job and justice needed to be served. The prosecuting attorney had determined that with the facts at hand, there was not enough to get a conviction on George Zimmerman. (No prosecuting attorney wants to present a case only to have it a) thrown out by a grand jury b) lost in trial or c) overturned in appeals.)But that was not good enough for Crump who was seeing dollar signs. He knew that if no charges were brought against George Zimmerman resulting in Zimmerman's arrest, according to Florida law there could be no wrongful death civil suits. The meme was put out by Crump, and his newly acquired client, Sybrina Fulton, that all they were looking for was not a conviction of Zimmerman, but a simple arrest. Bingo! Crump knew that once Zimmerman was arrested and booked, the civil suits could procede when the proper time came. Crump knew this well as he had already gained a $5 million out-of-court settlement on another case with the State of Florida through personal negotiations with former Florida Governor, Charlie Christ.Crump had the ball rolling; the media was all atwitter with the injustice of the killing of an innocent little boy, Trayvon Martin. Foundations were set up to benefit financially the Martin/Fulton duo of Tracy Martin and Sybrina Fulton. The Justice for Trayvon international tour was organized and all the usual suspects, Sharpton, Jackson, et al, were on board. The We Are Trayvon website was created, (begging for money, of course) with pictures of a 14 year old, and younger, Trayvon, describing George Zimmerman as a white vigilante with a 9mm gun. But slugs cannot stand the light of day, and people started digging into the history of Trayvon. His Facebook site showed a much different kid than is pictured on the family website. The narrative of the innocent little boy began to fall apart as his web activity (now purged) was screen captured. It showed a kid who was impressed with the gansta image and discussions about Purple Drank , a drug made from Arizona Iced Tea watermelon drink, Skittles and Robitussin cough syrup.Yet, none of this is really important to the issue (except in the respect to the lies told by Team Skittles); did George Zimmerman wrongfully murder Trayvon Martin? Or did George Zimmerman do exactly what he claimed from the beginning to have done, acted in a way that would end the threat to his life or extreme physical harm by having his head bashed against concrete?Reply

September 8, 2012 at 6:22 am | Report abuse | Reply
      • lance

Amazing how far things go the wrong way when motivated by everything but the truth and justice. Shame on the politicians, right up to our Fearless leader for not coming out immediately and advising for calm, and to let the laws of the land prevail, like them or not.

Absolute BS that this day in age, the race card can be used so blatantly for profit. Sadly, it seems just another case of our leaders, manupulating the media AND contributing to encourage hate. (E.G. Grant-gate) Shamefully, our President seems to have set us back as a nation more than 30 years as far as race relations go. HOPE and CHANGE? What a fu%^ing joke.

September 8, 2012 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • lance

You are a freeking RETARD

September 8, 2012 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  53. John

Why didn't Piers post that interview with Ted in its entirety? He cut it off right when Ted answered "Yes" to being asked whether a neighborhood watch captain should be allowed to carry a gun. Then I believe a commercial ... and then the exchange on what would happen in Great Britain exchange which was the most interesting exchange. The exchange where Ted owned Piers. Piers put that video up in total. Stop posting videos that are edited to put YOUR opinion in the best light and the person you disagree with in the worst light ... with no context. The context on which Ted answered "Yes" was what Piers / or his show (ppl behind the scenes) so deliberately left off. You might have received more views on your site if you would have put up the whole thing. If CNN doesn't, could somebody please put the entire interview with Ted last night, April 4, 2012, on youtube? Piers looked like a boy being taken to school when Ted got through with him .... sheepish and speechless.

April 5, 2012 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  54. Chris

Hey Piers, you tried to deceive your audience (as well as yourself) when you claimed that your "main concern" about the Trayvon Martin case is the issue of the "stand your ground law." You know perfectly well that for you and for all of the 'rush to judgment' media, it's the issue of a black man being shot by a "white" man. Now that the facts are becoming less certain to you, you are trying to back away from that and focus on what you claim are the defects in the law. And by the way, while you and others at CNN (Tuchman) are spending all their time trying to computer enhance what Zimmerman uttered under his breath, who is investigating the killing of that little girl (and many others) in Chicago recently by black gangsters and thugs? Your hypocrisy is nauseating.

April 5, 2012 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  55. Mark

Rock on Ted!! True Red blooded AMERICANS have your back bro!!

As for the rest of you...WE LEFT THE KING FOR A REASON!!

April 7, 2012 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  56. John

yeah, Mark, I agree. Let someone invade your home and just retreat. I never heard of such nonsense in all my life. Just give up your life, let the criminals win. Not gonna happen here in America. The day they even suggest that's what Americans should do ... you will see civil war break out.

April 9, 2012 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  57. Gennadiyj Mckainn

Hello there! I could have sworn I've been to this website before but after reading through some of the post I realized it's new to me. Anyways, I'm definitely delighted I found it and I'll be book-marking and checking back frequently!

July 17, 2012 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  58. Keith Bourgeois

This was great! Piers looked like a bumbling idiot. Piers can't answer Ted's points so he tries to talk over him. Very professional.

July 24, 2012 at 11:17 am | Report abuse | Reply
  59. Ankita

Hi! I know this is kinda off topic however , I'd fiuegrd I'd ask. Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or vice-versa? My site covers a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit from each other. If you are interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Great blog by the way!

September 10, 2012 at 1:46 am | Report abuse | Reply