Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

April 6th, 2012

Clips From Last Night: Clint Hill on the day JFK died; Arsenio Hall on the Trayvon Martin Case

Last night Piers Morgan invited Jackie Kennedy's former secret service agent Clint Hill onto the program for an honest and revealing exclusive interview. Author of the new book "Mrs. Kennedy and Me: An Intimate Memoir," Hill was riding behind the Kennedy's on the day JFK was shot and killed in Dallas, Texas. He tried to protect the Kennedy's after the first bullet was fired, but admits he got onto the car too late:

"I've always felt a sense of guilt," Hill said. "I was the only one who really had a chance and that has ate at me over the years that I should have gotten there fast enough perhaps and I couldn't."

Hill went back to Dallas in 1990 to survey Dealey Plaza and the sixth floor window from where the bullets rang out:

"I finally came to the conclusion that the advantages were all to the shooter that day," he said. "We had none and there really wasn't anything more that we could have done."

Meanwhile, actor and comedian Arsenio Hall also appeared live on "Piers Morgan Tonight" Thursday, offering his candid thoughts on the Trayvon Martin case.

"I think this kid did what my son's been taught to do," Hall said, referring to respecting authority, but always protecting yourself. "If a stranger walks up to my son he's either going to run or fight."

Watch the clips, and listen to the interviews, and as Hill and Hall open up about their lives, and discuss major moments in American history.

-–

» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

1. kanuma1973

Great interview as always.

April 6, 2012 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. tinacassidy1

See what else Clint Hill had to say about Jackie - from a conversation at the JFK library last fall. http://bit.ly/rti9pp

April 6, 2012 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. suzy diamond

Piers..ENOUGH on the Trayvon Martin case! It's pretty clear which side you're on. Problem IS.....George Zimmerman has NOT had HIS DAY IN COURT YET. We do NOT know ALL......Repeat....ALL the facts of what happened that night. What EVER happened to......INNOCENT UNTIL proven guilty! THIS case has BEEN tried in the MEDIA and SHAME on the MEDIA! There are PLENTY of people looking into this case! GIVE it a chance and lets SEE how this plays out and STOP...STOP....playing JUDGE, JURY, and EXECUTIONER PIERS!!

April 7, 2012 at 3:19 am | Report abuse | Reply
  4. JoChri1968

Having read much about the JFK assassination and the role of Clint Hill in " The Kennedy detail" by Gerald Blaine I was really touched that Hill still feels guilty today. It is understandable as it was the Secret Service agents job to protect the President ( and his family). However, sometimes even the best cannot do anything if fate takes its course as on this terrible day. What I find astounding is furthermore, that JFK is still adored today by the masses, while only a few are taking notice of the living former agents who are still suffering from feelings of guilt.

April 7, 2012 at 8:55 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. justiceforall

suzydiamond, if it weren't for Piers and other media coverage, this killing would have been swept under the rug again. No one wants to try him in the media and there is definitely 'probable cause' which is needed for an arrest. Justice for Trayvon!

April 7, 2012 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Norma Vernon

I enjoy a lot of the people interviewed on Piers Morgan's hour but I STILL find myself very angry when Piers asks questions of people being interviewed and far TOO OFTEN cuts them off in mid sentence which is VERY VERY annoying, his show is on as I speak and continues to BUTT IN.... the day is coming when I will not be interested in watching his show at all. He is VERY VERY rude when he continues with this behaviour !

April 8, 2012 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. Patrick in the UK

Piers, you are a nice fluff interviewer you are not a journalist. I saw your bit with George Zimmermann's lawyers, and CNN should take your press credentials away. I expect biased, uneducated reporting from Americans, but as an Englishman, I thought you would strive for more. I live in London and barely know anything about the case, but know enough to be embarrassed by your shoddy work.

You embarrassed yourself the way that you kept hounding for "facts" and yet you tried to say something to the effect of "Treyvon Martin went to the store to get Skittles with no other thoughts in his mind and deserved to get home alive". How the hell do you or anyone know that?

You had the audacity to tell the attorney's that if they had proof George was innocent, they should tell you, it would help their case. You reporters are such self centered tw@ts. You don't release evidence on the news, you release it in a court of law.

You repeatedly said that it is illegal for a captain of the neighborhood watch to carry a gun. It is not. It is advised against, and the authorities make it clear that it does not give you a right to carry a gun, but it does not ban you from it if you are otherwise legally able. Get your facts straight.

You said that the police and ordered Zimmermann to go home. When the lawyers responded that the 911 tapes showed that the dispatcher said "we don't need you to do that" you actually said "its basically the same thing". Wow, you argue like my girlfriend at mentration time, not like an unbiased reporter.

Then, to top it all off, you said that it wasn't legal for George Zimmermann to carry the gun "under stand your ground, or any other law, which I happen to think is ridiculous". Are you kidding. Is your pompous british behind going to decide criminal court cases in the US based on what you think of the laws? The fact is, whether I like it or you like it, the people of Florida, who I will admit are either hicks or senior citizens, decided that they wanted to have the right to shoot criminals to protect themselves and not go to jail. Whether you like it or not, its the law there, and that is the only law that applies to the Treyvon Martin case.

Finally, your general tone was attacking, like a prosecutor rather than a reporter.

You are tilting against windmills my poor, poor, uninformed, illogical, and emotional Don Quixote. Give up "reproting" and get a Jerry Springer like-talk show.

April 9, 2012 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Bat Dong San

You already know thus considerably in terms of this topic, made me individually consider it from so many varied angles. Its like women and men don't seem to be involved except it's something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your personal stuffs outstanding. All the time deal with it up!

April 19, 2012 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  9. microsoft word templates| microsoft office templates| microsoft excel templates| microsoft powerpoint templates

I've been surfing online greater than 3 hours lately, yet I never discovered any fascinating article like yours. It's beautiful value enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you probably did, the internet will probably be a lot more helpful than ever before.

September 5, 2012 at 6:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  10. bong da , the thao , tip bong da , ca cuoc bong da , ca do bong da

I am no longer certain the place you're getting your information, but great topic. I must spend some time studying more or figuring out more. Thank you for magnificent info I used to be in search of this information for my mission.

September 5, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply