READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For April 6, 2012 – March jobs report shows hiring slows and unemployment falls, Syrian villagers clash with government loyalists, and University of Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino admits 'inappropriate relationship'...
• March jobs report shows hiring slows and unemployment falls: "Hiring slowed dramatically in March, clouding optimism about the strength of the recovery. Employers added 120,000 jobs in the month, the Labor Department reported Friday, marking a significant slowdown in hiring from February, when the economy added 240,000 jobs."
• Syrian villagers clash with government loyalists, opposition says: "Fierce fighting erupted Friday between armed men loyal to Syrian President Bashar al-Assad and rebels from opposing villages, opposition activists said, raising questions about the potency of a U.N.-brokered peace plan that calls on the government to take steps to end the bloodshed."
• George Zimmerman whispered 'punks' before shooting Trayvon Martin: "George Zimmerman told his lawyers that he whispered 'punks,' not a racial slur, in the moments before he shot Trayvon Martin, his attorneys told CNN on Thursday. Some people interpreted the police recording of Zimmerman's call to 911 as evidence the fatal shooting was racially motivated."
• Austerity drives up suicide rate in debt-ridden Greece: "An increasing number of suicides in Greece, as more people feel hopeless amid the worst economic crisis in the country's recent history: according to the health ministry data, the suicide rate jumped about 40% in the first five months of 2011 compared with a year earlier."
• University of Arkansas coach Bobby Petrino admits 'inappropriate relationship': "The University of Arkansas has puts its head football coach, Bobby Petrino, on paid administrative leave after news that the passenger on the motorcycle he crashed this week was a 25-year-old female member of his staff."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Looking for a job? We can help. Visit http://www.startnowcareerguide.com
When it comes to unemployment it’s been a tale of two recessions, with level of education playing an unprecedented role in whether you’ve been pink slipped or not. Getting a degree from High Speed Universities is the only solution
Magnificent web site. A lot of helpful info here. I'm sending it to some buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thank you in your sweat!
Notify me of new comments via email.