READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For April 10, 2012 – Public school workers hold winning Mega Millions ticket, hopes for peace dashed as deadline for Syrian withdrawal passes and Alec Baldwin dined with a stalker...
• Public school workers hold winning Mega Millions ticket: "Three public school employees who have been working multiple jobs are winners in the historic Mega Millions lottery. And because they are remaining anonymous, and plan to keep working, their students and co-workers may never know."
• Hopes for peace dashed as deadline for Syrian withdrawal passes: "Syrian forces pounded cities across the nation, opposition activists said, as a United Nations-brokered deadline for troop withdrawal came and went Tuesday. At least 40 people, including three children, were killed Tuesday; 25 were in the besieged city of Homs, the opposition Local Coordination Committees of Syria said. Tuesday's toll continues a surge in violence ahead of the deadline for government forces to pull out."
• Grand jury cancellation leaves Trayvon Martin case in limbo: "It was unclear Tuesday when a decision will be made on whether criminal charges will be filed against the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin to death. The special prosecutor assigned to oversee the investigation, Angela Corey, announced Monday that she would not present the controversial shooting case to a grand jury."
• White House makes case for Buffett Rule: "The White House on Tuesday laid out its case for the Buffett Rule, arguing that it would make the tax code fairer and make it harder for the very rich to lower their tax bills. The Buffett Rule is a key talking point in President Barack Obama's re-election bid."
• Alec Baldwin dined with stalker, complaint says: "A Canadian woman accused of stalking Alec Baldwin began sending "a series of annoying and unsolicited communications" to the actor after having dinner with him in fall 2010, according to a criminal complaint filed Monday. Genevieve Sabourin, 40, was arrested by New York police Sunday on five misdemeanor counts of harassment and stalking after she appeared at Baldwin's Manhattan home."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
98 % of the time i admire you,but what i have been SEEING on your show ,and seeing what al sharpton ,politicaians ,N..B C DO FOR RATINGS IS APALLING. WHEN THE POLICE ASKED ZEMMERMAN ARE YOU FOLLOWING TRAYVON , HE SAID YES, THEY SAID ,YOU DON'T NEED TO DO THAT. YOU LEFT OUT HIS RESPONCE. ( WHICH WAS OKAY ) AND SHOWING TRAYVON'S PICTURE AS A 12 YEAR OLD ,INSTEAD OF SHOWING HIM AS HE WAS ON THAT SAD DAY. YOU AND THE OTHER CONVICTED HIM AND FUELED THE FIRE OF RACISUM TO THE UNINFORMED. SADNESS FOR THE TRAYVON AND SUPPORT SHOULD BE DONE IN A BETTER WAY BY YOU HIGHLY EDUCATED AND EXPERIENCED COMMENTATORS,ALSO REPORTORS. BY VIEWING ALL T.V. NEWS , NOW I KNOW WHY 70 % OF PEOPLE BELIEVE FOX NEWS AND BILL O'REILLY ARE THE MOST HONEST AND FARE BALANCE NEWS SYSTEM ON THE NETWORKS. SOME DAY I WISH I COULD SAY THAT ABOUT C.N.N. SHOWING A MUG SHOT OF GEORGE WHO IS 28 AND NOT SHOWING A 6 FOOT 3 INCH TRAYVON AT 17 WAS'NT RIGHT.BOTH OF THEM COULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS. IF GEORGE DOES'NT HAVE A BROKEN NOSE AND HIS HEAD WAS'NT SPLIT OPEN AND HE CAN'T PROVE HE WAS IN FEAR FOR HIS LIFE HE HAS TO DO.TIME .LET THE COURTS DECIDE. IT SEEMS MR MORGAN, MIKE TYSON WAS THE ONLY WHO WASN'T BIASED. HE SAID I WASN'T THERE, HE COULDN'T MAKE A JUDGEMENT BECAUSE HE DIDN'T HAVE ALL THE FACTS .IF YOUR INTERESTED IN RATINGS , LET HIM FILL IN FOR YOU SOME NIGHT. HE SEEMS CHANGED , I WOULD TRUST HIM WITH UNBIASED REPORTING. A LOT OF YOU PEOPLE HAVE THE GREAT POWER OF THE AIR WAVES ,YOU CAN CHANGE THE WORLD, MAY GOD HELP YOU DO IT
Notify me of new comments via email.