Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For April 10, 2012 – Public school workers hold winning Mega Millions ticket, hopes for peace dashed as deadline for Syrian withdrawal passes and Alec Baldwin dined with a stalker...
• Public school workers hold winning Mega Millions ticket: "Three public school employees who have been working multiple jobs are winners in the historic Mega Millions lottery. And because they are remaining anonymous, and plan to keep working, their students and co-workers may never know."
• Hopes for peace dashed as deadline for Syrian withdrawal passes: "Syrian forces pounded cities across the nation, opposition activists said, as a United Nations-brokered deadline for troop withdrawal came and went Tuesday. At least 40 people, including three children, were killed Tuesday; 25 were in the besieged city of Homs, the opposition Local Coordination Committees of Syria said. Tuesday's toll continues a surge in violence ahead of the deadline for government forces to pull out."
• Grand jury cancellation leaves Trayvon Martin case in limbo: "It was unclear Tuesday when a decision will be made on whether criminal charges will be filed against the neighborhood watch volunteer who shot 17-year-old Trayvon Martin to death. The special prosecutor assigned to oversee the investigation, Angela Corey, announced Monday that she would not present the controversial shooting case to a grand jury."
• White House makes case for Buffett Rule: "The White House on Tuesday laid out its case for the Buffett Rule, arguing that it would make the tax code fairer and make it harder for the very rich to lower their tax bills. The Buffett Rule is a key talking point in President Barack Obama's re-election bid."
• Alec Baldwin dined with stalker, complaint says: "A Canadian woman accused of stalking Alec Baldwin began sending "a series of annoying and unsolicited communications" to the actor after having dinner with him in fall 2010, according to a criminal complaint filed Monday. Genevieve Sabourin, 40, was arrested by New York police Sunday on five misdemeanor counts of harassment and stalking after she appeared at Baldwin's Manhattan home."