READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For April 13, 2012 – North Korea rocket breaks up in flight, Syrians take to streets amid truce, and writer says Mel Gibson spewed anti-Semitism and talked of killing ex...
• North Korea rocket breaks up in flight: "Defying warnings from the international community, North Korea launched a long-range rocket on Friday, but it broke apart before escaping the earth's atmosphere and fell into the sea. The launch drew condemnation from United States and countries in the region."
• Syrians take to streets amid truce: "Syrians poured into the streets after Friday prayers, chanting and raising opposition flags in a major test of a fragile cease-fire implemented a day earlier to end a bloody government crackdown."
• What's next in the Trayvon Martin case: "A Seminole County judge on Thursday found there was sufficient probable cause to move forward with the case and set a May 29 arraignment for George Zimmerman. The next legal step, say Zimmerman's attorney and the special prosecutor, is to allow the case to work its way through Florida's judicial system."
• Gas prices may have peaked: "After one of the fastest and steepest runups in recent memory, it's possible gasoline prices may have peaked. Retail gas prices fell more than half a cent Friday to a nationwide average just above $3.90 a gallon, according to AAA, continuing a decline started late last week that has shaved almost 4 cents off the price of gas."
• Writer says Mel Gibson spewed anti-Semitism, talked of killing ex: "Mel Gibson frequently spews "looney, rancid" anti-Semitism, has talked about killing his former girlfriend, and is prone to hate-filled diatribes slamming everyone from John Lennon to Walter Cronkite, according to a screenwriter who has been working with him."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
I think that at least 50% of Americans are ignorant. All we hear on the news is people blaming the economy on Obama (not doing anything). What do they think, that he can do anything he wants to do???? With republicans in Congress blocking everything he wants to do, what do they expect??? For all the American middle class that vote republilcan, when they get screwed over, they need to keep their mouth shut and not complain!!!
first off ur man had complete control of congress for the first 2 yrs of his presidency. he did whateve he wanted(healthcare stimulus, wasteful spending). of course he is heavily to blame for our lousy economy and the 5trillion in debt he has added. teh reoubs just want to stop wasteful spending. Obama even promised during the campaign that he wouldnt add to the deficit. liesssssssssss
What about the florida case –arent there some details to be flushed out or his Nancy Grace going to take over??
I just love Josh Romney.
Notify me of new comments via email.