READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.
Each day, we here at "Piers Morgan Tonight" put together the news you need to know – from what happened last night to what will happen today.
For April 17, 2012 – Tax Freedom Day today, 1,500 Palestinian prisoners start hunger strike, and Tupac Shakur returns as a hologram at Coachella...
• Tax Freedom Day today: "Unless you've filed for an extension, today is the last day to get your taxes turned in to the IRS. Tuesday also happens to be Tax Freedom Day, the day when the average American has worked enough days in the year to be freed from their tax burdens, according to the Tax Foundation's annual report."
• 1,500 Palestinian prisoners start hunger strike: "About 1,500 Palestinian prisoners held in Israeli detention began an open-ended hunger strike Tuesday as Palestinians across the West Bank and Gaza gathered in various events to observe the annual Prisoners' Day, marking solidarity for the thousands of Palestinians in Israeli prisons."
• Senate GOP blocks Buffett Rule bill: "A proposal to implement the Buffett Rule was blocked in the Senate on Monday, but proponents of the millionaire tax vowed to keep the issue alive in the months ahead. Republicans, as expected, garnered enough support to reject Democrats' attempt to bring up the proposal for debate. The Democrats fell nine votes short."
• Most Americans say tax system favors wealthy: "In the CNN/ORC survey, 68% of respondents said the current tax system benefits the rich and is unfair to ordinary workers, compared with 29% who disagreed with that view. Overall, 50% said the federal income taxes they paid were about right, with 45% saying their taxes were too high and 3% answering their taxes were too low."
• Tupac Shakur returns as a hologram at Coachella: "The late rapper made his return to the stage from beyond the grave as a hologram during rappers Dr. Dre and Snoop Dogg's set at the music festival held in Indio, California. Thanks to the hologram technology, a shirtless Tupac seemed to take the stage, bearing greetings to Dre and Snoop before addressing the audience with, 'What the f*** is up Coachella?'"
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter
Hi, i feel that i saw you visited my site thus i got here to go back the prefer?.I'm trying to in finding issues to improve my website!I suppose its good enough to make use of some of your ideas!!
Good morning from Europe ! I really missed your lively show on CNN last night .. what happened ? Is the new Amanpour show going to replace Piers Morgan tonight ? If so , we will miss you terribly ...
You really make it seem so easy along with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something which I feel I'd by no means understand. It sort of feels too complex and very extensive for me. I'm taking a look ahead on your subsequent post, I will attempt to get the cling of it!
Hi there, I found your website by means of Google at the same time as searching for a related topic, your website got here up, it seems to be great. I've added to favourites|added to bookmarks.
Notify me of new comments via email.