Get To Know Piers Morgan

READ about Piers Morgan's long career in journalism here.

Remembering Dick Clark (1929 – 2012)
April 18th, 2012

Remembering Dick Clark (1929 – 2012)

This evening on "Piers Morgan Tonight," the show remembers Dick Clark, a music pioneer, and television legend.

The host of such television classic as "American Bandstand" and "Dick Clark's New Year's Rockin' Eve," Clark died Wednesday at the age of 82.

Join us tonight at 9 p.m. for a live special edition tribute, as industry insiders and entertainment experts share thoughts and memories of the man who earned the moniker "America's Oldest Teenager."
» Follow Piers Morgan Tonight on Twitter

Post by:
Filed under: Announcements • Piers Morgan Live
  1. Linda Raffle

My mom and I watched American Bandstand every day when I came home from school. It was simply understood. We shared that knowledge of performers on into her old age when they all returned to the stage again. She knew them all and enjoyed them yet again and we had a basis from which to discuss them all. For example, Paul Anka and Frankie Avalon have never stopped performing or songwriting. I just didn't realize that this was quite a basis for our discussions through the rest of her life.

April 18, 2012 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  2. Peter

I will miss Dick Clark very much ........ a class act. May I just say that to see Larry King is such a breath of fresh air!!!! ..... speaking of a class act! Larry simply cannot be replaced! I miss Larry King Live – I tuned in tonight to see him. I rarely watch any more since I can't tolerate an interviewer that asks a question and then doesn't wait for the guest to answer. The British guy just comes across as ignorant.

April 18, 2012 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  3. WorldCares

My brother and sister, who were 11 yrs. and 5 yrs. older than me turned me on to Rock n Roll at a very young age.
    I started watching American Bandstand at the age of 7 back in 1962.
    Does anyone remember the commericial, during Bandstand, for "hot dr.pepper?" I would like to know.
    The commerical was teenagers having a party and serving hot dr. pepper in a punchbowl with orange slices floating on top.
    I never forgot it.
    I remember there was a girl who looked like Cher on the show. I believe she eventually worked for him.
    I remember rate-a-record and the dance offs. So many memories.
    Dick Clark was like Ed Sullivan. He was a part of your family.
    My autistic son, is, also, effected. He thought alot of Dick Clark.
    We heard it on NPR radio in the car.
    He usually makes closure but has not.
    Peace to his family.

April 19, 2012 at 1:39 am | Report abuse | Reply
    • Sunny

I absolutely remember Dick Clark and the hot Dr. Pepper commercials during American Bandstand! I still think of it every time I see Dr. Pepper :)

April 21, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  4. breen deegan

Great guy...Today's guys don't even come close...

April 19, 2012 at 8:23 am | Report abuse | Reply
  5. Sarah Kulzer

What I really want to know about is how are the two Savant Autistic sisters, Flo and Kay doing since learning of Dick Clark's death? They were so obsessed with Dick Clark and they became friends.

April 19, 2012 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  6. Hannah

I too would like to know how Flo and Kay are taking the death of their friend Dick Clark. Saw the 2008 show about them last nite of tv and it brought me to tears at what a sad life they had with their Mother and the lose of their sister who really brought them out into the world of us "normal" people. They loved Dick Clark and I worried they would be devastated.

April 24, 2012 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse | Reply
    • Diane

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Truly, my first thought when I heard about Dick Clark's death was for Kay and Flo. I hope they are doing ok.

April 26, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse | Reply
  7. turban

I simply couldn't go away your web site prior to suggesting that I really loved the standard information an individual supply for your visitors? Is going to be back steadily to inspect new posts

May 5, 2012 at 10:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  8. Resad

Wow, not like I didn't see it coming but I am srrsuiped at how emo I feel about it. Thinking back to how many memories he helped me make, whether on the radio or TV he provided a framework, face and a voice to so many important musical influences in my life. RIP Dick Clark, you done good.

May 23, 2012 at 12:00 am | Report abuse | Reply
  9. Chopa

What a GRREAT story. I used to think the people in the TV could see me and I used to talk to them. lol! What a great mermoy so so so cute. I would love to see that video!

June 27, 2012 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse | Reply